Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 1833

post #18321 of 25891
can the dpmulti oc to 96hz with no problems ? if i used a hdmi to dvi cable will it works with the single input monitor?
post #18322 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABADY View Post

can the dpmulti oc to 96hz with no problems ? if i used a hdmi to dvi cable will it works with the single input monitor?
Multi-input Korean monitors cannot OC without dropping frames. HDMI to DVI will most likely not work with the single input monitor as those have a dual-link DVI input, while HDMI to DVI adapters are only single link. One member, a few pages back, has succeeded in getting 2560x1440 60Hz in some way with a single link connection, but I'm unsure of the details, so you might want to check that out to be sure.
post #18323 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post

Multi-input Korean monitors cannot OC without dropping frames. HDMI to DVI will most likely not work with the single input monitor as those have a dual-link DVI input, while HDMI to DVI adapters are only single link. One member, a few pages back, has succeeded in getting 2560x1440 60Hz in some way with a single link connection, but I'm unsure of the details, so you might want to check that out to be sure.

can you link me to the page or the post please
post #18324 of 25891
Anyone here miss having a secondary monitor? If so, what do you use for a secondary that looks nice/fits the bezel? I was considering a PL/PLP setup, but it's hard to match the 27" size.
post #18325 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin2k View Post

Anyone here miss having a secondary monitor? If so, what do you use for a secondary that looks nice/fits the bezel? I was considering a PL/PLP setup, but it's hard to match the 27" size.

Just today I was wondering the same and I was also very interested in a PLP setup. Did some research and found someone that just did that! Here's the imgur album http://imgur.com/a/g1aDJ. It's the setup from Jotokun on reddit.

The monitors he's using are Dell 1708FPT's (1708FP is the same model afaik). They come with a monitor stand that supports the swivel feature so you can easily put it in portrait mode. The monitors have a resolution of 1280x1024, but it's possible to run them at 1152x1440 with a custom resolution. Apparently the image looks a bit fuzzy then so I don't know how well that works.

Anyways, the 1708fpt seems to match extremely well from the size and they are surprisingly cheap! I bought 2 of them for around 45 USD each (used), but I live in Germany. Your best bet is to check ebay I guess, that's where I got mine from.
Edited by Bender16 - 5/10/14 at 2:29pm
post #18326 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender16 View Post

Just today I was wondering the same and I was also very interested in a PLP setup. Did some research and found someone that just did that! Here's the imgur album http://imgur.com/a/g1aDJ. It's the setup from Jotokun on reddit.

The monitors he's using are Dell 1708FPT's (1708FP is the same model afaik). They come with a monitor stand that supports the swivel feature so you can easily put it in portrait mode. The monitors have a resolution of 1280x1024, but it's possible to run them at 1152x1440 with a custom resolution. Apparently the image looks a bit fuzzy then so I don't know how well that works.

Anyways, the 1708fpt seems to match extremely well from the size and they are surprisingly cheap! I bought 2 of them for around 45 USD each (used), but I live in Germany. Your best bet is to check ebay I guess, that's where I got mine from.

Good find, I've seen that one around before. The actual panel matches perfectly, but I wish I could find a monitor that matched the bezel too. I'm a bit worried about the 'fuzzy' image he described though, but I may not even use the side panel for games (just as a secondary monitor, so it might not be a big deal). I guess I'm worried about the custom resolution, so if anyone has some more experience with that, it would be appreciated!
post #18327 of 25891
Anyone know why sudenly today I can't do 120hz wen gaming anymore. I tested BF4 and for some reason can't get my monitor to do 120hz without getting green lines. I'm using lcd reduced and tight timings. Anyway do you guys think I should rather go back to 110Hz. i noticed bf4 feels slugish with 96hz and I have been feeling that for a very long time. It seems like if the frametime is a bove 10 then it feels like frame skipping or something like that. like it's not putting out even frames or so.

So far 110hz is fine maybe this one graphics card can't do 110Hz. The old card could do it but even on 60hz desktop it will give me green lines but in gaming it's fine. So should I just run it 110Hz in gaming 24/7?
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18328 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceAir View Post

Anyone know why sudenly today I can't do 120hz wen gaming anymore. I tested BF4 and for some reason can't get my monitor to do 120hz without getting green lines. I'm using lcd reduced and tight timings. Anyway do you guys think I should rather go back to 110Hz. i noticed bf4 feels slugish with 96hz and I have been feeling that for a very long time. It seems like if the frametime is a bove 10 then it feels like frame skipping or something like that. like it's not putting out even frames or so.

So far 110hz is fine maybe this one graphics card can't do 110Hz. The old card could do it but even on 60hz desktop it will give me green lines but in gaming it's fine. So should I just run it 110Hz in gaming 24/7?

Try my 120hz timings below they will bring your pixel clock down to 459mhz where as LCD reduced at 120hz will give you a pixel clock of about 469mhz so you will not be getting such a strong signal and therefore this could be the reason for Green scan lines and artefacts as you are nearly 20mhz above the 450mhz pixel clock limit!

Also you could try just running 110hz 24/7 by just setting 110hz and LCD Standard timings in CRU!....This will also allow your cards ram to downclock on the desktop and there's not much if any noticeable difference between 120hz and 110hz anyhow!

Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
Custom Build
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-DH3 Gigabyte R9 290 WindForce OC PowerColor PCS+ R9 290 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 mhz Samsung 840 Pro Sandisk Extreme 2 Seagate Hybrid Solid State Desktop Drive (SSHD)... 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB H80i Windows 8.1 Pro  QNIX QX2710 LED [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" @ 1... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 - Cherry MX Brown Corsair 1000W RM1000 Zalman z11 plus  Corsair Vengeance M95 Performance Mouse 
AudioAudio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 Corsair Headset Vengeance 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wirele... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18329 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson67 View Post

Try my 120hz timings below they will bring your pixel clock down to 459mhz where as LCD reduced at 120hz will give you a pixel clock of about 469mhz so you will not be getting such a strong signal and therefore this could be the reason for Green scan lines and artefacts as you are nearly 20mhz above the 450mhz pixel clock limit!

Also you could try just running 110hz 24/7 by just setting 110hz and LCD Standard timings in CRU!....This will also allow your cards ram to downclock on the desktop and there's not much if any noticeable difference between 120hz and 110hz anyhow!


I've decided to stick with 110Hz and 96Hz for now. It's good enough for me now. I want to go 120hz but it's not worth the headaches for me now. I have to many other issues to worry about getting 120hz now. one of my cards just decided to not work properly anymore so I have to sort that out now
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18330 of 25891
Looks like I'm getting mine today. Paid £220 delivered from "bigclothcraft" (when I was messaging sellers about customs duty that was one of the few replies, they didn't want me to pay extra money for EMS shipping like other sellers. As far as I know it was marked gift around the 50 USD value, I've only had to pay £14 "Duty and VAT" (which I got a text about an hour ago, wasn't expecting it, but better than if it were marked as full value).

So now we wait, it's with the delivery courier.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club