Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 2435

post #24341 of 25935
One question. Are there still good overclockable Korea-monitors? If yes, which one is the best?

As a (more or less) competitive CSGO and Osu! (rhythm game)-player, how would the Korea-monitors compare to the BenQ XL2411Z? I have the feeling that the Korea-monitors have a pretty bad input-lag...
Currently looking at X-Star and Qnix.

Thanks in advance.
post #24342 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounta View Post

One question. Are there still good overclockable Korea-monitors? If yes, which one is the best?

As a (more or less) competitive CSGO and Osu! (rhythm game)-player, how would the Korea-monitors compare to the BenQ XL2411Z? I have the feeling that the Korea-monitors have a pretty bad input-lag...
Currently looking at X-Star and Qnix.

Thanks in advance.


The single input stripped down no OSD style Qnix/X-Star monitors will have excellent response times, as well as overclockability to further reduce input-lag. However do not buy the ones labled "Multi", as they have different boards that can not be overclocked and have significant lag.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24343 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post

The single input stripped down no OSD style Qnix/X-Star monitors will have excellent response times, as well as overclockability to further reduce input-lag. However do not buy the ones labled "Multi", as they have different boards that can not be overclocked and have significant lag.

Good, okay. Thanks biggrin.gif
Gonna buy this one when I have the money then I guess wink.gif
post #24344 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounta View Post

Good, okay. Thanks biggrin.gif
Gonna buy this one when I have the money then I guess wink.gif

This review should give you an idea of how the panel performs as far as colors and such go, since they use essentially the same panel with the different control boards. So take the lag/response times with a grain of salt. Anyways it performs fairly well, although pretty bad contrast ratio, but that' from being a A- grade panel.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/qnix_qx2710.htm
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24345 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post

This review should give you an idea of how the panel performs as far as colors and such go, since they use essentially the same panel with the different control boards. So take the lag/response times with a grain of salt. Anyways it performs fairly well, although pretty bad contrast ratio, but that' from being a A- grade panel.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/qnix_qx2710.htm

So, the input lag ouldn't be as bad as seen in that review when I'd buy one of these monitors?

An what about the frame dropping? Heard quite often that these monitors tend to drop many frames when overclocked...
post #24346 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounta View Post

So, the input lag ouldn't be as bad as seen in that review when I'd buy one of these monitors?

An what about the frame dropping? Heard quite often that these monitors tend to drop many frames when overclocked...


Most monitors won't experience frame dropping until you go over 96 Hz, if at all if you're lucky. REMEMBER the key word, "lucky", it is a lottery after all with these monitors.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24347 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 View Post

Most monitors won't experience frame dropping until you go over 96 Hz, if at all if you're lucky. REMEMBER the key word, "lucky", it is a lottery after all with these monitors.

I agree with your "lottery" comparison. It's the same with GPUs and overclockability. I was super excited to overclock mine to 120hz, although it artifacts at anything over 96hz so I suppose 96hz is where I will leave it. Still better than 60hz and it's a great looking panel and I love the 1440p resolution. Overall I'm happy with my purchase.
post #24348 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshkope View Post

I agree with your "lottery" comparison. It's the same with GPUs and overclockability. I was super excited to overclock mine to 120hz, although it artifacts at anything over 96hz so I suppose 96hz is where I will leave it. Still better than 60hz and it's a great looking panel and I love the 1440p resolution. Overall I'm happy with my purchase.

Gotta ask one more thing.
Should I buy the BenQ 144hz thing or the Korea monitor for competitive gaming? Having that great panel sounds so nice, but what if I can't get above 96hz?
Damn ,this is hard biggrin.gif

There is another idea I have in mind: Buying a 21:9 monitor for ~300€.
Okay, not a good idea I guess biggrin.gif. But could anybody say something to that idea? How I already said a billion times, it is for competitive gaming :ugly:
post #24349 of 25935
This was an accident biggrin.gif
post #24350 of 25935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounta View Post

Gotta ask one more thing.
Should I buy the BenQ 144hz thing or the Korea monitor for competitive gaming? Having that great panel sounds so nice, but what if I can't get above 96hz?
Damn ,this is hard biggrin.gif

There is another idea I have in mind: Buying a 21:9 monitor for ~300€.
Okay, not a good idea I guess biggrin.gif. But could anybody say something to that idea? How I already said a billion times, it is for competitive gaming :ugly:


On Newegg they're currently clearancing Qnix monitors for $200, so it's an insanely good bargain, even with the lottery. However for competitive play, if you really really are competitive, I'd suggest buying a 144 Hz TN panel monitor. One of the ones with 1 ms response (in review) so check out some of the other options on TFTcentral.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club