Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 248

post #2471 of 25893
Guyscan't you just counter act the 120hz dim with brightness and all? So it would look the same as 60hz or is there actually something im missing here...
post #2472 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthis View Post

Guyscan't you just counter act the 120hz dim with brightness and all? So it would look the same as 60hz or is there actually something im missing here...

It is not just brightness, it is the contrast and color hue all get thrown off therefor making a bit harder than just turning up the brightness.
post #2473 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmarcel View Post

Do you play highly demanding games more than league?

In that case I would consider the 7970 to be worth it, as there is no point in having to wait a year or til the end of this year to enjoy your 3 monitor set up.

Gonna try to snipe a phone off ebay and if I don't manage to then I guess I'll pull the trigger on a Qnix qx2710 in matte.

I have a lot of games, about 60 on steam, just haven't gotten around to playing them yet. I do play league more than anything else, but I do play other games as well. The last game i finished playing was bioshock infinite. I mean alot of games aren't that demanding, but when you go from 1080p to 4320*2560 or 7680x1440 games suddenly get alot more demanding smile.gif
post #2474 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

It is not just brightness, it is the contrast and color hue all get thrown off therefor making a bit harder than just turning up the brightness.
So if you had a color calibrator like the spyder 4 then wouldn't it fix all the issues making 120hz vs 60hz the same colors and all?
post #2475 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthis View Post

So if you had a color calibrator like the spyder 4 then wouldn't it fix all the issues making 120hz vs 60hz the same colors and all?

It may or may not, 120hz is not a guaranteed operating frequency so it depends on how good of a monitor you got. I will say a spyder 4 would either get you there or as close as possible.
post #2476 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthis View Post

So if you had a color calibrator like the spyder 4 then wouldn't it fix all the issues making 120hz vs 60hz the same colors and all?

Yes it does, on my one at 110Hz anyway. However some people have reported clouding and uniformity issues at high overclocks.
X58
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
X58
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2477 of 25893
Hmm for my setup what does everyone thing of this card?

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-11197-05-40G/dp/B0098HW0H2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

6 gigs of ram, which would come in handy for pushing 3 of these displays (and 6 gig dedicated to one gpu, yeah the 7990 has 6 gigs, but thats 3 gigs mirrored since thats crossfired.) Don't see many reviews for this card, but the ones I see are pretty positive.
Edited by brightbus - 6/2/13 at 2:47am
post #2478 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightbus View Post

Hmm for my setup what does everyone thing of this card?

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Express-11197-05-40G/dp/B0098HW0H2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

6 gigs of ram, which would come in handy for pushing 3 of these displays (and 6 gig dedicated to one cpu, yeah the 7990 has 6 gigs, but thats 3 gigs mirrored since thats crossfired.) Don't see many reviews for this card, but the ones I see are pretty positive.

Hmm, I'm not sure, is this the best video card that $560 can buy these days?

I don't know, just something to think about.
M1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270i Asus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo Corsair H75 Corsair H55 W10 
MonitorCaseMouse
Acer XB271HU NCASE M1 Zowie EC1-A 
  hide details  
Reply
M1
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asus Strix Z270i Asus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo Corsair H75 Corsair H55 W10 
MonitorCaseMouse
Acer XB271HU NCASE M1 Zowie EC1-A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2479 of 25893
Probably not the best, but it is a 7970. And it seems that multiple displays eat ram for breakfast. Seems like there are no other video cards that have 6 gigs of ram besides the titan or dual gpu solutions like the 7990 (which is really just 3 gigs since crossfired) I mean to go up to a titan is like 400 more. would pushing three screens with 3 gigs be doable? It seems like more than that is needed. I know there are 4 gig nvidia cards as well, though Id prefer to stay amd.
post #2480 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightbus View Post

Probably not the best, but it is a 7970. And it seems that multiple displays eat ram for breakfast. Seems like there are no other video cards that have 6 gigs of ram besides the titan or dual gpu solutions like the 7990 (which is really just 3 gigs since crossfired) I mean to go up to a titan is like 400 more. would pushing three screens with 3 gigs be doable? It seems like more than that is needed. I know there are 4 gig nvidia cards as well, though Id prefer to stay amd.
Actually the 7990 has access to all 6 gbs not 3 mirrored.. Tech of tomorrow did a review and explained that..As I always thought the same thing as you..
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club