Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 2524

post #25231 of 25922
I read through some posts and found out that you cannot run an adapter (DVI --> HDMI/DP) and get a high refresh rate. I'm on a 980ti with only one DVI connection. I now have two X-star DP2710's and trying to find out if a dual display is possible via an adapter or DVI to HDMI connection.

Anyone have any experience with this?

edit: was looking to see if this would work: https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SY-DVIHDMI-MM30-DVI-D-Plated-Connector/dp/B004DLKJSU or this: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B004C9M7UG

edit2: on more googling, I found this: http://blog.brianmoses.net/2015/02/hooking-up-my-qnix-2710-to-displayport.html
Edited by tangosmango - 7/16/16 at 1:59pm
post #25232 of 25922
Is it normal to have slight retention at 60Hz? I've had Chrome open for around an hour and the top, white, bar of Chrome is slightly burned in.

I am using a GTX 1080, don't remember this happening with my AMD card.

Edit: I can't install the QNIX driver, it says that Windows encountered an error and that the "third-party INF does not contain digital signature information".

(I have the X-Star 2710)
Edited by Dreemlan - 7/16/16 at 4:13pm
post #25233 of 25922
I received my QNIX QX2710 Evoltion II Glossy and it is perfect. I have no Back Light Bleed or dead pixels. I have it overclocked to 96Hz in Nvidia Control Panel.
post #25234 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

I read through some posts and found out that you cannot run an adapter (DVI --> HDMI/DP) and get a high refresh rate. I'm on a 980ti with only one DVI connection. I now have two X-star DP2710's and trying to find out if a dual display is possible via an adapter or DVI to HDMI connection.

Anyone have any experience with this?

edit: was looking to see if this would work: https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SY-DVIHDMI-MM30-DVI-D-Plated-Connector/dp/B004DLKJSU or this: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B004C9M7UG

edit2: on more googling, I found this: http://blog.brianmoses.net/2015/02/hooking-up-my-qnix-2710-to-displayport.html

I bought this one.
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-DisplayPort-Active-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00A493CNY
post #25235 of 25922
Quote:

that...is quite expensive! are you able to clock it higher at all?
post #25236 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

that...is quite expensive! are you able to clock it higher at all?

I don't know yet. I don't receive until later this week. We'll see.....
post #25237 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Rabbit View Post

I don't know yet. I don't receive until later this week. We'll see.....

cool. do reply when you get a chance to test it out!
post #25238 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreemlan View Post

Edit: I can't install the QNIX driver, it says that Windows encountered an error and that the "third-party INF does not contain digital signature information".

You'll have to disable signature checking. The nuts and bolts of that will depend on your version of Windows. For Windows 10, this video is helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StkR3D2d5WI.
post #25239 of 25922
does anyone else have the issue that OC is not working over displayport? the gtx1080 has only one DVI port, so I hook up my second Qnix to a displayport, however the OC is not working there over displayport?

I am using this adapter here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQQ2HDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rig
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k @ 5.2Ghz asus maximus hero X Z370 EVGA FE 1080Ti 2050/5800 32gb g.skill tridentZ RGB 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x WD Caviar Black 4TB Samsung 960PRO NVMe 512gb Samsung 960EVO NVMe 512GB Sandisk Ultra II 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
1x corsair h115i, 1x h90 Win10 x64 pro ASUS ROG PG279Q Gsync @ 165hz 2x Qnix 2710 Evo II @ 120hz  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT corsair ax1200i corsair carbide 540 Roccat Pure Optical 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Roccat Taito asus xonar DX 7.1 KS8000 65 Zoll 4k SUHD Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 
OtherOtherOther
HTC Vive PS4 Pro, Xbone S maxnomic classic office 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k @ 5.2Ghz asus maximus hero X Z370 EVGA FE 1080Ti 2050/5800 32gb g.skill tridentZ RGB 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x WD Caviar Black 4TB Samsung 960PRO NVMe 512gb Samsung 960EVO NVMe 512GB Sandisk Ultra II 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
1x corsair h115i, 1x h90 Win10 x64 pro ASUS ROG PG279Q Gsync @ 165hz 2x Qnix 2710 Evo II @ 120hz  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT corsair ax1200i corsair carbide 540 Roccat Pure Optical 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Roccat Taito asus xonar DX 7.1 KS8000 65 Zoll 4k SUHD Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 
OtherOtherOther
HTC Vive PS4 Pro, Xbone S maxnomic classic office 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25240 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante`afk View Post

does anyone else have the issue that OC is not working over displayport? the gtx1080 has only one DVI port, so I hook up my second Qnix to a displayport, however the OC is not working there over displayport?

I am using this adapter here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQQ2HDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it works for you? that's the same one I ordered. are you able to clock the refresh rate any higher?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club