Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 302

post #3011 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle View Post

I suppose I should be more precise. I always assume that when I'm talking about LCDs people in turn assume that the persistent image isn't permanent like it used to be on CRTs.

As for the refresh rate, I did restart. After 120 didn't show up the first time, I even shut down entirely and started back up instead of doing a reboot. CCC just refuses to show it as an option for some reason.

I also get this "burn-in" (broswer address bar etc.) very quickly even at 96Hz sometimes. It does disappear rather quickly so I´m not that worried about it, and it´s not bright enough to actually be really distracting.
post #3012 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyvillain View Post

There are no multi-input 1440P displays on the market that can go go higher than 60Hz as yet...
So you mean you took off the metal frame too?

Yes took metal frame off applied tape around the inside of the frame and also along the bottom and top of the panel itself and it virtually eliminated all the bleed.
post #3013 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatwolf View Post

I also get this "burn-in" (broswer address bar etc.) very quickly even at 96Hz sometimes. It does disappear rather quickly so I´m not that worried about it, and it´s not bright enough to actually be really distracting.
having burn in is just not worth it to me for smoother mouse movement lol..
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3014 of 25893
Just a word of warning for anything trying to fix the BLB with the tapemod.

I cracked my screen. This is my first time doing something like this and I didn't realize how fragile these panels are.

So for the beginners, BE CAREFUL!

PS: the seller told me to open it up and fix it. Think I can get this under warranty since it was under their direction?
post #3015 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by specr1 View Post

Just a word of warning for anything trying to fix the BLB with the tapemod.

I cracked my screen. This is my first time doing something like this and I didn't realize how fragile these panels are.

So for the beginners, BE CAREFUL!

PS: the seller told me to open it up and fix it. Think I can get this under warranty since it was under their direction?

Got to be worth asking?
I wouldn't try this if you are not confident enough. take your time getting the metal frame off and do not apply pressure to the panel directly just work around popping the tabs off there on all 4 sides so you need to remove the back shielding plate first
post #3016 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygully View Post

Got to be worth asking?
I wouldn't try this if you are not confident enough. take your time getting the metal frame off and do not apply pressure to the panel directly just work around popping the tabs off there on all 4 sides so you need to remove the back shielding plate first

Yea, I'm pretty sure thats when the monitor cracked
post #3017 of 25893
Man that was quick. I'm still at work currently but I checked my tracking and it delivered today! It shipped yesterday and estimate was the 12th so I'm surprised it came early!
post #3018 of 25893
Well, I couldn't resist any longer, and overclocked my monitor to 96 hz yesterday. I only ran it at this refresh rate for about 5 mins, because I noticed that my power brick started to emit a high pitched whining noise, which went away when I dropped back down to 60 Hz. Have any of you guys experienced this whine?
post #3019 of 25893
I finally got mine but my overclock is pretty lame. I tried to get to 120hz but get green artifacts then after I tried to lower it. I kept getting frozen screens for liek 3 seconds even back at stock. Had to restart the computer. Im try at 100 and see if it works.
post #3020 of 25893
This monitor is definitely better than the monoprice one! I can tell the overclock is much smoother as well with the mouse movement at 96hz . Worth every penny, Looks like I might as well pick up another two before the price gets raised on these.
Edited by ivoryg37 - 6/11/13 at 8:42pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club