Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 303

post #3021 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryg37 View Post

I finally got mine but my overclock is pretty lame. I tried to get to 120hz but get green artifacts then after I tried to lower it. I kept getting frozen screens for liek 3 seconds even back at stock. Had to restart the computer. Im try at 100 and see if it works.
Were you using the stock cables?
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3022 of 25893
Just got to thinking last night and I am wondering if anyone has an idea on this. I usually fall asleep to a movie playing on my computer. So my monitor gets left on all night. However it has no video or anything going to it because I usually put my computer on a 30 minute sleep timer. Will this effect the monitors longevity or have any negative side effects? Thanks

I have the X-Star. Great monitor!
post #3023 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegro View Post

Just got to thinking last night and I am wondering if anyone has an idea on this. I usually fall asleep to a movie playing on my computer. So my monitor gets left on all night. However it has no video or anything going to it because I usually put my computer on a 30 minute sleep timer. Will this effect the monitors longevity or have any negative side effects? Thanks

I have the X-Star. Great monitor!

I am going to speak for every company that does not have a mind to save money and electricity. NO
post #3024 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGun View Post

Were you using the stock cables?

I was using a monoprice DVI-D wire I bought awhile back for my catleap. I can run it on 110 fine but I think I found the sweet spot of 96 for me. Its not too dark and the ICC profiles helped alot. thumb.gif
post #3025 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryg37 View Post

I was using a monoprice DVI-D wire I bought awhile back for my catleap. I can run it on 110 fine but I think I found the sweet spot of 96 for me. Its not too dark and the ICC profiles helped alot. thumb.gif
Sweet.. I am glad you got a good monitor..
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3026 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryg37 View Post

I finally got mine but my overclock is pretty lame. I tried to get to 120hz but get green artifacts then after I tried to lower it. I kept getting frozen screens for liek 3 seconds even back at stock. Had to restart the computer. Im try at 100 and see if it works.

100Hz is essentially 120Hz.
post #3027 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

100Hz is essentially 120Hz.

^this. I'll be impressed if you could notice a difference.

I'd suggest dropping from 100Hz to 96Hz - it's better for video playback as most video is shot in 24fps and 24*4=96Hz, so playback is more smooth. It also reduces artifacting if you're using SVP to create some inbetween frames.
post #3028 of 25893
I recently sent the ebay-seller Greensum a question asking him the exact difference between his advertised listings below since both ads depict a tolerance description of dead pixels rather you purchase the " Perfect Pixel " or the cheaper one. Below is the reply i received from Greensum as others in the past may have also wanted to know.

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-2-27-2560x1440-PLS-Monitor-Matte-/111073520913?pt=US_Computer_Speakers&hash=item19dc7f6d11


2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-27-2560x1440-WQHD-PLS-Computer-Monitor-Matte-/121117252582?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Reply Quote :

[ Hello, this is Green-Sum, the eBay seller.
First of all, we would like to say thank you for your interest. We will always make our best efforts to support you.

The cheaper one is not perfect pixel optioned. With Perfect pixel option, 0 dead pixel allowed. Normal one, up to 5 is acceptable.
Dark dot and stuck pixel are not considered as dead pixel. Bright dot only.
Dark dot : The pixel shows dark and cannot be found on Black background. If the dot show other colors, bright dot.

Hope the answer above helps you. We are looking forward to have a good business chance with you.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Green-Sum ]

I quess i decipher his response being if you purchase the " Perfect Pixel " the dead pixel tolerance factors would be the same as if the consumer buys a name brand monitor from any of the familiar online vendors here in the U.S.

I do appreciate the fact he does reply back and his english typing skills are very adequate.

Anyways just thought i would relay the reply so folks on the fence would know the difference between the two units he sells.

Regards, smile.gif
post #3029 of 25893
I'm running mine at 99 Hz without using any of those test mode things.
When I try 100 Hz my screen goes black, should I use that test mode to get higher?
I'm already quite happy about 100 Hz though.

@above: I can recommend Hulustar, they had a 0-2 pixel warranty when I bought, I had no dead pixels though, paid $319 ex shipping/customs.
Edited by Deluxe - 6/12/13 at 6:27am
post #3030 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox1 View Post

I recently sent the ebay-seller Greensum a question asking him the exact difference between his advertised listings below since both ads depict a tolerance description of dead pixels rather you purchase the " Perfect Pixel " or the cheaper one. Below is the reply i received from Greensum as others in the past may have also wanted to know.

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-2-27-2560x1440-PLS-Monitor-Matte-/111073520913?pt=US_Computer_Speakers&hash=item19dc7f6d11


2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-27-2560x1440-WQHD-PLS-Computer-Monitor-Matte-/121117252582?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Reply Quote :

[ Hello, this is Green-Sum, the eBay seller.
First of all, we would like to say thank you for your interest. We will always make our best efforts to support you.

The cheaper one is not perfect pixel optioned. With Perfect pixel option, 0 dead pixel allowed. Normal one, up to 5 is acceptable.
Dark dot and stuck pixel are not considered as dead pixel. Bright dot only.
Dark dot : The pixel shows dark and cannot be found on Black background. If the dot show other colors, bright dot.

Hope the answer above helps you. We are looking forward to have a good business chance with you.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Green-Sum ]

I quess i decipher his response being if you purchase the " Perfect Pixel " the dead pixel tolerance factors would be the same as if the consumer buys a name brand monitor from any of the familiar online vendors here in the U.S.

I do appreciate the fact he does reply back and his english typing skills are very adequate.

Anyways just thought i would relay the reply so folks on the fence would know the difference between the two units he sells.

Regards, smile.gif


I got Pixel Perfect from green-sum. They were the same conditions you mentioned, but on request he agreed to make a guarantee of no more than 1 dark pixel - in line with other pixel perfect policies.

I wouldn't buy it without a guarantee on dark pixels, becuase he has "no standard on this". If there are too many (however he decides that) he asks his manufacturer, who decides if it is bad enough for a replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post

I'm running mine at 99 Hz without using any of those test mode things.
When I try 100 Hz my screen goes black, should I use that test mode to get higher?
I'm already quite happy about 100 Hz though.

@above: I can recommend Hulustar, they had a 0-2 pixel warranty when I bought, I had no dead pixels though, paid $319 ex shipping/customs.

Try test mode, it's highly unlikely that an increase of 1Hz gives a black screen. Follow the instructions on the first post in this thread.
Edited by Moragg - 6/12/13 at 6:46am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club