Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 312

post #3111 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewu View Post

Thanks man. The monitor is incredible. I have bought mine from the Ebay seller excellentcastle. He kindly undervalued the package and stamped it as a gift. I have payed $303 shipped, it took 3 days to arrive and the duties/customs were $26.

The monitor is flawless. I have no dead or stuck pixels, no light bleeding anywhere. I got lucky and I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGun View Post

Good to hear.. I do t think there are a lot of people who bought from that seller. Glad to hear he took care of you..

I also bought mine from excellentcastle, exact same experience as above. Can only recommend that seller to anyone still trying to decide.
post #3112 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatwolf View Post


I also bought mine from excellentcastle, exact same experience as above. Can only recommend that seller to anyone still trying to decide.
Sweet.. Thank you for the feedback.. I was thinking of a second one.. And after a member on here had a bad experience with hulustar I will not be buying another one from them..
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3113 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys View Post

Is the Qnix using the same panel as the Samsung S27B970D, the innerts looks remarkably similar when dismantled by TFT central as shown by the link below.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/samsung_s27b970d.htm
'The stickers on the panel as shown above confirm it is using the LTM270DL02 panel and it looks as though this is classified as the 201 revision from what we can tell. This would suggest some minor changes since the panel used in the S27A850D which would fit in with differences to the specs of the two models.' from TFT.

I have been running mine for 2 weeks and v happy with it, no dead pixels, barely any blacklight althought took it apart to straighten frame.
Just ordered another...
The panel used in my glossy QNIX QX2710 is a LTM270DL02, on very low brightness the image doesn't flicker so I assume that this isn't a PWM but a voltage regulated backlight.
I use mine without the front bezel and that ID is on the metal frame on the bottom frame.
There is a sticker on the back aswell with details on it but I'm too lazy to check that now, I think a user here has allready made pictures of it.
If you have problems with burn-in then lower your refresh rate.

Oh and just my thoughts to all that talking about SVP.
I personally dislike motion interpolation as it degrades quality of video in terms of sharpness and can screw up pretty often. And I think many can agree with this.
It also uses too much resources, I recommend using KCP instead for original video experience or mplayer2 + gl3 renderer on *NIX systems (Linux/OS X/BSD).
Anime might get advantages from these interpolation techniques but it'll still loose quality and detail.

Also, all these 120Hz and so on crap LCD TVs use these techniques aswell to screw up video quality to make it look more smooth.
The panels are almost always refreshing with 60Hz.
Please don't fall for this and use a non-flawed technology such as Plasma (Panasonic is leading here)
Just my 2 cents.

tl;dr SVP is not worth it. Use a Plasma TV to enjoy videos.
post #3114 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by cor35vet View Post

The panel used in my glossy QNIX QX2710 is a LTM270DL02, on very low brightness the image doesn't flicker so I assume that this isn't a PWM but a voltage regulated backlight.
I use mine without the front bezel and that ID is on the metal frame on the bottom frame.
There is a sticker on the back aswell with details on it but I'm too lazy to check that now, I think a user here has allready made pictures of it.
If you have problems with burn-in then lower your refresh rate.

Oh and just my thoughts to all that talking about SVP.
I personally dislike motion interpolation as it degrades quality of video in terms of sharpness and can screw up pretty often. And I think many can agree with this.
It also uses too much resources, I recommend using KCP instead for original video experience or mplayer2 + gl3 renderer on *NIX systems (Linux/OS X/BSD).
Anime might get advantages from these interpolation techniques but it'll still loose quality and detail.

Also, all these 120Hz and so on crap LCD TVs use these techniques aswell to screw up video quality to make it look more smooth.
The panels are almost always refreshing with 60Hz.
Please don't fall for this and use a non-flawed technology such as Plasma (Panasonic is leading here)
Just my 2 cents.

tl;dr SVP is not worth it. Use a Plasma TV to enjoy videos.

Everyone has their opinion. I have a pretty decent pc, so I could care less about the resources svp uses. To my eyes, anime or otherwise, it makes videos look so much better in my eyes.

And are you referring to svp or the overclocking when talking about 120 hz. Because these panels do actually do 120 hz via overclocking, no faking techniques unlike tvs. Maybe my eyes are just bad, but I don't notice any degradation of quality. Perhaps its there, but not enough to make a difference in my eyes. Also a lot of people don't even buy tvs, I have a small one for console gaming, not going to buy a plasma just for videos.
post #3115 of 25922
Just installed this stand: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monoprice-Adjustable-Tilting-Monitor-10~23inch/dp/B003L11FUY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_3
Pretty cheap and works great, they've got 2 left for us euro's! It says it's only up to 23", but as you can see it fits fine!

post #3116 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightbus View Post

Everyone has their opinion. I have a pretty decent pc, so I could care less about the resources svp uses. To my eyes, anime or otherwise, it makes videos look so much better in my eyes.

And are you referring to svp or the overclocking when talking about 120 hz. Because these panels do actually do 120 hz via overclocking, no faking techniques unlike tvs. Maybe my eyes are just bad, but I don't notice any degradation of quality. Perhaps its there, but not enough to make a difference in my eyes. Also a lot of people don't even buy tvs, I have a small one for console gaming, not going to buy a plasma just for videos.

I have to agree, I think I am pretty big quality nut, and these look great at 96 and 120 with content like that. smile.gif
post #3117 of 25922
that´s actually a really nice stand, minimalistic.. I like it!
post #3118 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post

Just installed this stand: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monoprice-Adjustable-Tilting-Monitor-10~23inch/dp/B003L11FUY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_3
Pretty cheap and works great, they've got 2 left for us euro's! It says it's only up to 23", but as you can see it fits fine!


I presume it is just as easy to set in portrait.
post #3119 of 25922
Okay, so I've finally seen my monitor for the first time.

I've never seen 1440p or 27" before so this looks huge. But I'm loving the extra real estate.

The monitor itself:

Love the coating, coming from glossy the lack of reflections is brilliant.

Minimal BLB. No dead/stuck pixels.

OCing: stock cable gives me loads of red lines at 120Hz, but none at 96Hz. I'll try in between later.

First monitor above 60Hz too, so I immediately noticed the smoother mouse movement. The colours dimmed too much at 96Hz though so I'm reverting to 120Hz for the time being. I ran the windows calibration tool as there was way too much red coming through, but that's fixed so I have neutralish grays.
My school will let me borrow their Xrite Design once I go back so I'll calibrate at various levels and report back.

SVP is too much for my hardware though, my 1055T and HD7770 can't handle it. The few seconds that did work were undoubtedly much smoother though.


Overall I'm really happy with this, shame it won't do the full 120hz though.
Edit: and suddenly it's doing 120Hz just fine biggrin.gif
Edited by Moragg - 6/15/13 at 9:59am
post #3120 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys View Post

I presume it is just as easy to set in portrait.
Yep, can turn it into what ever way you want.
But you won't be able to place 2 of them next to eachother then since the foot is quite big smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club