Originally Posted by Slickshooter
Hey guys am also about to buy one of these monitors, but just have a few questions as it's time consuming to go through every post.
Qnix or X-star? Matte or Glossy? I am in a pretty dark room and my brother's glossy dell always blows me away compared to a matte ASUS I recently tried (both supposedly IPS). Any personal reasons for which one you chose?
Which seller is most reliable? I want to maximize my chance of getting one without any backlight bleed, Amazon actually seems to have a seller called MNW GLOBAL, but not afraid of ebay. Is backlight bleed repair easy?
Longevity? How long can I expect this baby to last at 96hz? I'm hoping for at least 4-5 years.
And finally, I'd love to sometimes watch tv/ play video games/ stuff on the screen, I know it's DVI-Dual only, but is it possible another monitor will come out soon with a scalar and have low input lag?
All of this has been gone over in this thread so here is a very brief summary.
1. Qnix and xstar are identical this should not be a factor in your decision.
2. Matte works fine as it is very light but if you are in a dark room you may benefit slightly from glossy in terms of color. (very slightly)
3. hulustar, greensum, dreamseller, accessorieswhole, Bigclothcraft* are a few. Really look at price and warranty more than seller
4. the bleed repair is pretty easy and the video in the OP helps a lot.
5. plenty have people have had these for over a year now with no longevity problems. They have not be out long enough to know for sure.
6. there is a Qni with a scalaer and multiports on ebay
7. input lag would be there but noone has tested how much so yet.