Nevermind searching escapes many people.
1. install the catleap driver
2. Use CRU to set 120hz rather than using NVCP
3. This makes the resolution a "native" resolution rather than a custom one and puts it into your EDID
4. Re-install your video drivers
5. in the NVCP go to 3D settings and there is an option called "preferred refresh rate"
6. set it to "highest available" and BAM 120hz (this option will not show up unless you used CRU for your overclock as it has to be in the EDID as native)
EDIT: this is only for games that do NOT have any refresh rate option.
Edited by Spartan F8 - 7/11/13 at 5:59pm