Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 438

post #4371 of 25922
I originally intended on a catleap, but now I am leaning on QNIX. I have asked the same question on the catleap club page, but I just want to confirm the same thing here:

I have an HD5870 cypress XT graphics card which supposedly does not support QNIX or any of the cheap Korean 2560x1440 monitors. I see this guy use QNIX on a HD5850:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXIUTCgeFks

As you can see the monitor didn't start up until several seconds later.

I just want confirmation if anyone out there might have an HD5870 cypress XT or know of whether I will have any problems using it with a 2560x1440 QNIX monitor. The HD5870 supports dual DVI and has a graphics memory size of 1024 MB.
post #4372 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

You need an active HDMI->DVI-D connector. These are expensive ($100) and don't OC as well as the alternative.

As someone said earlier, at that price you may as well get yourself a new GPU. I would definitely recommend this as you only have integrated graphics right now, even a cheap GPU should be a big improvement - e.g. a HD5450.

And if you can't fit one in your case you could buy a decent case and this GPU for less than the $100 for the adapter.

Would this not work for him? Maybe $10 with shipping.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041902&p_id=2080&seq=1&format=2
post #4373 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Would this not work for him? Maybe $10 with shipping.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041902&p_id=2080&seq=1&format=2

Here is another one from amazon that specifically states dual link for cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/computers-accessories/dp/B002JCQVW8
post #4374 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

You need an active HDMI->DVI-D connector. These are expensive ($100) and don't OC as well as the alternative.

As someone said earlier, at that price you may as well get yourself a new GPU. I would definitely recommend this as you only have integrated graphics right now, even a cheap GPU should be a big improvement - e.g. a HD5450.

And if you can't fit one in your case you could buy a decent case and this GPU for less than the $100 for the adapter.

The reason I'm looking for this specifically is because I'm thinking about upgrading my computer. A bit of z87 boards have HDMI-in. Which may have possibility in the stuff of recording through that port. Also wanted to see how my Xbox 360 and Ouya looks on this monitor. My TV is pretty my tv isn't very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Would this not work for him? Maybe $10 with shipping.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041902&p_id=2080&seq=1&format=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Here is another one from amazon that specifically states dual link for cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/computers-accessories/dp/B002JCQVW8


Has anyone has any experience with these kind of adapters? I have similar adapter but its not dual link, I'm assuming it wouldn't work with native res.
post #4375 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Here is another one from amazon that specifically states dual link for cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/computers-accessories/dp/B002JCQVW8
Those aren't dual link adapters. I haven't found a true HDMI to dual link DVI adapter on the internet.
post #4376 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyslexicChciken View Post


I just want confirmation if anyone out there might have an HD5870 cypress XT or know of whether I will have any problems using it with a 2560x1440 QNIX monitor. The HD5870 supports dual DVI and has a graphics memory size of 1024 MB.

If it's dual link then it should work though were it me I would find a way to upgrade my GPU. Even if you don't really game...
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4377 of 25922
Does pixel perfect help at all with the chances of getting a monitor with very little backlight bleed? I'm not really worried about dead pixels, but backlight bleed would be quite annoying I think. If I ordered a normal one, is it likely I'd get a monitor with bad bleeding?
post #4378 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by David164v8 View Post

Does pixel perfect help at all with the chances of getting a monitor with very little backlight bleed? I'm not really worried about dead pixels, but backlight bleed would be quite annoying I think. If I ordered a normal one, is it likely I'd get a monitor with bad bleeding?
Don't matter which one you order the chance for BLB will be the same..
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5-3570k at 4.5ghz Asus Sabertooth His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 His ICEQ X2 Boost 7950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair vengence Intel 330 series SSD Western digital HD LG blu ray 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Win 7 home premium 64bit QNIX QX2710 OCed to 120hz Asus VE278H 27 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm TK Cherry Blue Mech Corsair AX850 CM storm stryker full tower Razer left handed death adder 3600 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Razer scarab Logitech G930 wireless 7.1 Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers Kingston Hyperx ram cooler 
Other
NZXT hue case lights 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4379 of 25922
Anyone know if you can fix dead pixels?
Project Chloe
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4.4GHz 1.280v Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung Spinpoint F3 Asus 24X DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE228H ASUS VE228H Razor Blackwidow  Corsair 850HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF X Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Logitech G930 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Chloe
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k 4.4GHz 1.280v Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung Spinpoint F3 Asus 24X DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS VE228H ASUS VE228H Razor Blackwidow  Corsair 850HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF X Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Logitech G930 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4380 of 25922
There are chances stuck pixel may fix themselves not sure about dead though Linus showed a video long time ago that some ways to fix them are simply just pressing hard on the screen where the pixel is a few times and flashing colors on the screen......


Edited by 6steven9 - 7/17/13 at 2:33am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club