Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 443

post #4421 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by apav View Post

Hey everyone,

I made a thread a couple days ago about a problem I was having with the monitor, and to let everyone know how the process with SquareTrade went.

You can find the thread here.

Well, the repair center received my monitor today and SquareTrade decided to reimburse me for the full amount. If they reimbursed me for something as small as a bad DVI port on the monitor, I'm sure that they'll most likely just reimburse you for this monitor for any problem. (Maybe due to the fact that it's a Korean monitor?)

Anyway I'm not sure if this is good or bad news. I won't be getting my monitor back, so that means I'll be putting the refund towards another QNIX or X-Star. Which means I have to play the lottery again. This QNIX had one stuck (green) pixel in the top right corner of the screen, noticeable backlight bleed (made worse from the panel play), and could barely handle 120hz (in some games I got scan lines every now and again, others I didn't). Even though I could of had better luck with another one, I was happy it wasn't worse. I bought it in mid-April, only a couple weeks after we caught on to these monitors. I bought it from Hulustar (the supposed batch of the first 100 monitors that were pixel perfect).

I'll be buying from an actual pixel perfect listing this time, but I have a few questions first.

1.) Is there currently any one seller that's doing better than the others right now (everyone buying from them lately has reported theirs to have no dead/stuck pixels or better at overclocking, or is currently going for cheaper)?

2.) I've read that there is none, but do we know of any difference between QNIX and X-Star (is one better at overclocking)?

3.) What does pixel perfect actually mean? I've seen that some sellers consider it up to a certain amount of dead/stuck pixels, or no dead pixels but some stuck pixels. Are there any pixel perfect listings that mean there will be 0 dead or stuck pixels?

I guess I'm just worried that my next monitor will be worse than the last one.

Thank you!

1. Bigclothcraft, accessorieswhole, dream seller(maybe)
2. NONE (this is the 23rd time this has been asked counting the other thread)
3. PP = no dead pixels it does not count dark, stuck or bright pixels. Better to message sellers and ask them directly about PP before ordering

This is a short and sweat answer the rest you will need to search as this has been covered again and again and again and again........
I will say great feedback on the squaretrade warranty. many of us would like to hear some feedback on ST directly related to the Qnix and the processes behind it. To be honest i think it went quite well as you got your money back. Yes it is the lottery again but you didn't have to ship to korea is the key factor here.
post #4422 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGun View Post

Order from these guys since you are in the US...People have had good luck with there monitors and if not great customer service..

http://www.ipsledmonitors.com/Default.asp

Wow. I was wondering when something like this was going to come along. Before I knew about these PLS monitors I was going to buy from Overlord for the very same reason. And here I was about to buy from S. Korea again. Thanks for the save!

A little more expensive for the actual monitor and $20 shipping but I guess it's worth it because if you get a monitor with dead/stuck pixels or can't overclock to 120hz well you can return it for a full refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

1. Bigclothcraft, accessorieswhole, dream seller(maybe)
2. NONE (this is the 23rd time this has been asked counting the other thread)
3. PP = no dead pixels it does not count dark, stuck or bright pixels. Better to message sellers and ask them directly about PP before ordering

This is a short and sweat answer the rest you will need to search as this has been covered again and again and again and again........
I will say great feedback on the squaretrade warranty. many of us would like to hear some feedback on ST directly related to the Qnix and the processes behind it. To be honest i think it went quite well as you got your money back. Yes it is the lottery again but you didn't have to ship to korea is the key factor here.

Thank you for the help. I knew there wasn't a difference between the QNIX and X-Star that we knew of, but I just wanted to ask again to be sure someone didn't find a difference since I was last checking out the thread.

And yes, I think this confirms it that SquareTrade will just refund you if you send your QNIX/X-Star to them because they don't have the parts readily available. I'm happy I didn't have to ship it back to hulustar. So now we know that SquareTrade is the for sure way to avoid that. Great customer service and overall a quick and easy process. Though maybe I'm speaking too soon, the money isn't back in the bank account yet tongue.gif
Edited by apav - 7/17/13 at 10:26pm
post #4423 of 25893
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by apav View Post

Hey everyone,

I made a thread a couple days ago about a problem I was having with the monitor, and to let everyone know how the process with SquareTrade went.

You can find the thread here.

Well, the repair center received my monitor today and SquareTrade decided to reimburse me for the full amount. If they reimbursed me for something as small as a bad DVI port on the monitor, I'm sure that they'll most likely just reimburse you for this monitor for any problem. (Maybe due to the fact that it's a Korean monitor?)

Anyway I'm not sure if this is good or bad news. I won't be getting my monitor back, so that means I'll be putting the refund towards another QNIX or X-Star. Which means I have to play the lottery again. This QNIX had one stuck (green) pixel in the top right corner of the screen, noticeable backlight bleed (made worse from the panel play), and could barely handle 120hz (in some games I got scan lines every now and again, others I didn't). Even though I could of had better luck with another one, I was happy it wasn't worse. I bought it in mid-April, only a couple weeks after we caught on to these monitors. I bought it from Hulustar (the supposed batch of the first 100 monitors that were pixel perfect).

I'll be buying from an actual pixel perfect listing this time, but I have a few questions first.

1.) Is there currently any one seller that's doing better than the others right now (everyone buying from them lately has reported theirs to have no dead/stuck pixels or better at overclocking, or is currently going for cheaper)?

2.) I've read that there is none, but do we know of any difference between QNIX and X-Star (is one better at overclocking)?

3.) What does pixel perfect actually mean? I've seen that some sellers consider it up to a certain amount of dead/stuck pixels, or no dead pixels but some stuck pixels. Are there any pixel perfect listings that mean there will be 0 dead or stuck pixels?

I guess I'm just worried that my next monitor will be worse than the last one.

Thank you!

Your questions have already been answered, but here is more information on them that you can find.

1. Look in the OP under the expandable section titled "Members List Form Submission Trends, Analysis (Click to show)." Once there, you will see a bar chart for all the ebay sellers purchased from. Looks like green-sum, hulustar, and dream-seller are the most purchased from.

2. Look in the OP under the expandable section titled "FAQ (Click to show)." Once there, look for "Q: Should I buy an X-star or Qnix (Which one overclock better?)"

3. Look in the OP under the expandable section titled "FAQ (Click to show)." Once there, look for "Q: Is it worth it to buy a pixel perfect monitor?"
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4424 of 25893
What brightness should i put the monitor on before calibrating? At 110hz and can't seem to get the brightness/contrast right.

Cheers
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X6 1090T 4GHZ Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 GTX670 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M + 1TB + 1.5TB +1.5tb LG dvd-rw Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Benq 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake 850w Antec P182 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Large X-FI Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X6 1090T 4GHZ Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 GTX670 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M + 1TB + 1.5TB +1.5tb LG dvd-rw Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Benq 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake 850w Antec P182 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Large X-FI Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4425 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddreamer124 View Post

Just ordered my QNIX matte monitor from ipsledmonitors.com

Now I have to decide on a replacement stand. What do you guys think, THIS ONE, or THIS

I just bought one of these yesterday http://www.ebay.com/itm/200935861875?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 but I can't find anymore...
Gaming rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 3.8GHz GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, SSD Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB Windows 8 Pro QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 CORSAIR-HX 1050W Antec 1200 Razar Deathadder 3.5G 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 3.8GHz GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, SSD Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB Windows 8 Pro QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 CORSAIR-HX 1050W Antec 1200 Razar Deathadder 3.5G 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4426 of 25893
ugh I bought the asus 144hz 24inch in may, wish i could of saw this monitor before hand!!!! doh.gif
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k asrock z77 extreme 3  GTX 680 SC+ Signature+ edition 16gb samsung ddr3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
256gb 830 Samsung SSD h100 push pull windows 7 ulti Ducky DK9008 Shine II White 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
650w Corsair AX 810 Switch  razer deathader 2013 puretrak complexity edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2700k asrock z77 extreme 3  GTX 680 SC+ Signature+ edition 16gb samsung ddr3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
256gb 830 Samsung SSD h100 push pull windows 7 ulti Ducky DK9008 Shine II White 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
650w Corsair AX 810 Switch  razer deathader 2013 puretrak complexity edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4427 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine6456 View Post

ugh I bought the asus 144hz 24inch in may, wish i could of saw this monitor before hand!!!! doh.gif

I was gonna get that monitor but then I got to thinking about 1440p and decided I didn't wanna stay at 1080 anymore. wink.gif
Gaming rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 3.8GHz GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, SSD Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB Windows 8 Pro QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 CORSAIR-HX 1050W Antec 1200 Razar Deathadder 3.5G 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 3.8GHz GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ACX CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, SSD Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB Windows 8 Pro QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 CORSAIR-HX 1050W Antec 1200 Razar Deathadder 3.5G 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4428 of 25893
I'm at 110hz fine and at 120hz in CSS i occassionaly get white shooting horozontal lines accross. Anyway to work around this or is 110hz my limit?

Cheers
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X6 1090T 4GHZ Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 GTX670 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M + 1TB + 1.5TB +1.5tb LG dvd-rw Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Benq 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake 850w Antec P182 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Large X-FI Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X6 1090T 4GHZ Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 GTX670 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M + 1TB + 1.5TB +1.5tb LG dvd-rw Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Benq 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake 850w Antec P182 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Large X-FI Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4429 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplayer View Post

I'm at 110hz fine and at 120hz in CSS i occassionaly get white shooting horozontal lines accross. Anyway to work around this or is 110hz my limit?

Cheers

Try using a different cable, when I originally got the monitor I would artefact at 110hz using a BenQ XL2420T DL-DVI cable, but when I switched to the one included with the monitor, I was stable even at 115
post #4430 of 25893
Yeah using the one with the monitor, Was wondering maybe if it'd help with me changing the pixel clock maybe?
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X6 1090T 4GHZ Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 GTX670 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M + 1TB + 1.5TB +1.5tb LG dvd-rw Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Benq 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake 850w Antec P182 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Large X-FI Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X6 1090T 4GHZ Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 GTX670 Corsair Vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M + 1TB + 1.5TB +1.5tb LG dvd-rw Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Benq 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G19 Thermaltake 850w Antec P182 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Corepad Large X-FI Forte 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club