Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 526

post #5251 of 25943
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankietown View Post

what do we do if some games arent detecting 100hz?

You need to create the custom resolution using CRU. The nVidia Control Panel does not create resolutions that are detected as native. Just be sure to uncheck "Include extension block" in the utility before rebooting.

As a side note, some games just suck and seem to set 60hz no matter what. I have yet to find a tool that overrides those situations, so if anyone else knows please chime in.
post #5252 of 25943
My bad ... i forgot to complete the member's form! Ok i will apply now ... smile.gif
post #5253 of 25943
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniggleface View Post

You need to create the custom resolution using CRU. The nVidia Control Panel does not create resolutions that are detected as native. Just be sure to uncheck "Include extension block" in the utility before rebooting.

As a side note, some games just suck and seem to set 60hz no matter what. I have yet to find a tool that overrides those situations, so if anyone else knows please chime in.

oh okay. i guess i just have the bad luck on those games. yah most games i have are fine with 100hz. thank you, as long as everything is working as it should biggrin.gif
Death Tyrant
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k p8z77-v evga gtx 780 classified SLI corsair vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ocz vertex 4 256 asus 24x corsair h100 windows 7 pro 64 
MonitorPowerCase
Overlord Tempest X270SE corsair ax850 corsair vengeance c70 
  hide details  
Reply
Death Tyrant
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k p8z77-v evga gtx 780 classified SLI corsair vengeance 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ocz vertex 4 256 asus 24x corsair h100 windows 7 pro 64 
MonitorPowerCase
Overlord Tempest X270SE corsair ax850 corsair vengeance c70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5254 of 25943
Well, after reading through the threads and wanting one of these Korean monitors since the Catleaps came out I think I am finally ready to pull the trigger on one this week when I get paid. Would like to hear more about the hacked account and dreamseller fiasco going on with the person above but I'm fairly sure something else is going on with that.. Most people seem to have had great luck with these and seem to love them so I'm hoping all goes well for me.
post #5255 of 25943
Just got my Qnix QX2710 with an impressive speed from FedEx, south korea to sweden 3 days! Plugged it straight in and so far no to minimal BLB and no dead pixels the seller i ordered from is AccessoriesWhole. I was recommended this buyer on the forums for his Perfect Pixel deal that many other sellers just use it for extra cash but i was told this guy guarantee a Perfect Pixel screen. So far the recommendation of this seller is true no dead pixels or none to minimal BLB! Great seller with fast and good costumer service and im so happy with my new screen!


EDIT: I know its my first post but i created my account just to add my input as i been online reading the forums for several days smile.gif
post #5256 of 25943
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniggleface View Post

You need to create the custom resolution using CRU. The nVidia Control Panel does not create resolutions that are detected as native. Just be sure to uncheck "Include extension block" in the utility before rebooting.

As a side note, some games just suck and seem to set 60hz no matter what. I have yet to find a tool that overrides those situations, so if anyone else knows please chime in.

I guess games that suck would be a few years old - in which case try http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/RefreshLock-Download-392.html
post #5257 of 25943
Just got my X star from dream-seller, this monitor is amazing I had one stuck blue pixel that went away very quickly couldnt be happier smile.gif Thanks to the OP and everyone on this forum
post #5258 of 25943
I've had my QNIX since the thread started, and it is every bit as awesome months later as it was in the beginning. Hopefully it kick starts great official 120hz 2560x1440 monitors for the masses, and becomes the norm. I like it more than my previous Korean IPS.
post #5259 of 25943
Where are these custom timings posts? How about the yamakasi ones...................

Custom timings is the most important information this thread can provide. (man this cadence allegro pcb library install is so annoying wont stop taking foreground window focus)
post #5260 of 25943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markolc View Post

LOVE the monitor so far. It's very bright (may need to tweak that)

Just overclock it! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post

Well, after reading through the threads and wanting one of these Korean monitors since the Catleaps came out I think I am finally ready to pull the trigger on one this week when I get paid. Would like to hear more about the hacked account and dreamseller fiasco going on with the person above but I'm fairly sure something else is going on with that.. Most people seem to have had great luck with these and seem to love them so I'm hoping all goes well for me.

Dreamseller was to be avoided before that even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFlo View Post

Where are these custom timings posts? How about the yamakasi ones...................

Custom timings is the most important information this thread can provide. (man this cadence allegro pcb library install is so annoying wont stop taking foreground window focus)

Search for "Lightboost hack".
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Star
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 4690K  Gigabyte Z97 UD3H EVGA 670 FTW 4GB EVGA 670 FTW 4GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Samsung Green 30nm  Samsung 850 512GB Asus Blu Ray Burner Custom Water 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 QX2710 PLS 27" Matte Ducky DK9008G2 MX Black Seasonic SS-760XP2 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Enthoo Pro Steelseries Sensei Raw Frost Blue Asus Xonar DX Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club