Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 587

post #5861 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper Fairy View Post

I'm looking to run a second Qnix. I have the first hooked up via Dual-Link DVI-D. My card has 1 Dual-Link DVI-D out (in use), 1 Dual-Link DVI-I out, 1 HDMI out, and 1 Displayport out.

I'm assuming I will need an "Active DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI-D" cable to run the second?

If I am correct, I think the required cable to power 2 of these displays simultaneously is pretty expensive. Does anyone have any cheap cable recommendations that would allow me to run 2 of these displays?

Hopefully I'm wrong!
Which card do you have? At first glance, you shouldn't need any adapters of any sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCII View Post

Thanks. What exactly would I need to get if they do not provide one?

Edited by kevinsbane - 8/19/13 at 10:57am
post #5862 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper Fairy View Post

I'm looking to run a second Qnix. I have the first hooked up via Dual-Link DVI-D. My card has 1 Dual-Link DVI-D out (in use), 1 Dual-Link DVI-I out, 1 HDMI out, and 1 Displayport out.

I'm assuming I will need an "Active DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI-D" cable to run the second?

If I am correct, I think the required cable to power 2 of these displays simultaneously is pretty expensive. Does anyone have any cheap cable recommendations that would allow me to run 2 of these displays?

Hopefully I'm wrong!

The Dual-Link DVI-I out port should work fine. The only difference between DVI-I and DVI-D is that -I also contains analog signal for converting to a VGA connector.
post #5863 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniggleface View Post

The Dual-Link DVI-I out port should work fine. The only difference between DVI-I and DVI-D is that -I also contains analog signal for converting to a VGA connector.

Okay, great!

So one Qnix with Dual Link DVI-D and the other with Dual Link DVI-I would work simultaneously?

Would I then be able to power a third 1080p display via HDMI? Or am I then getting into the realm of Eyefinity/Surround and would then need some sort of Active Adapter for three displays?

And kevinsbane, its a Gigabyte GTX 760

Thanks for the help!
post #5864 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper Fairy View Post

Okay, great!

So one Qnix with Dual Link DVI-D and the other with Dual Link DVI-I would work simultaneously?

Would I then be able to power a third 1080p display via HDMI? Or am I then getting into the realm of Eyefinity/Surround and would then need some sort of Active Adapter for three displays?

And kevinsbane, its a Gigabyte GTX 760

Thanks for the help!
Your GTX 760 will power 2x Qnix at 1440p on your two DL-DVI ports and another 1080p via HDMI just fine. AMD's HD 6xxx and 7xxx series only ship with a single DL-DVI port, hence my initial reservation.
post #5865 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

Your GTX 760 will power 2x Qnix at 1440p on your two DL-DVI ports and another 1080p via HDMI just fine. AMD's HD 6xxx and 7xxx series only ship with a single DL-DVI port, hence my initial reservation.

Awesome, thanks!
post #5866 of 25922
So these qnix's OC quite nicely? I'm jelly, my Crossover does not. I have never seen anything above 60hz (on a computer screen anyway).. I know it's one of those things once you go 90-120hz there is no going back.
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(16 items)
 
#2 PC
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI Gaming Z170A EVGA GTX 980 Classified Crucial Ballistix Tactical (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 950 Cryorig H7 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CrossOver 2560x1440 IPS 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Capstone 550-M Phanteks Enthoo Pro RAZER Abyssus Mirror Special Edition XTRAC Ripper 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Dayton Audio B652 Lepai Tripath Class-T Hi-Fi Audio Mini Amplifier 8 Inch 60-Watt Powered Subwoofer 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q9300 Intel DP45SG MSI TFII GTX 660 Corsair Dominator 1333 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force 3 90gb Deepcool Gammaxx 300 Windows 7 Samsung SyncMaster 932bw 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Rosewill Lightning 800w CM Stryker Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5867 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by XCII View Post

Thanks. What exactly would I need to get if they do not provide one?

http://www.tmart.com/UK-to-US-Power-Plug-Converter-Adapter_p121985.html

I would be surprised if they forgot to include that, though.
post #5868 of 25922
I'm thinking about buying a qnix but I have a couple questions.

Does the hdmi version overclock at all? Would a xbox work on the hdmi version?
post #5869 of 25922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog View Post

I'm thinking about buying a qnix but I have a couple questions.

Does the hdmi version overclock at all? Would a xbox work on the hdmi version?
No, HDMI versions do not overclock. Yes, Xbox would work on the HDMI version.
post #5870 of 25922
Sniggleface wriglyvillian was right and you were wrong and entirely too many posts were wasted talking about the cord again. Sniggleface just sit there and figure out how you were wrong don't post about it again...... The korean power cord plugs into the power brick the same way an american(/your country) power cord plugs into the power brick just switch the part after the power brick from korean to american(or whatever country). Everyone that uses computers has an extra one lying around. You new posters need to realize that regulars on this thread know what they are talking about and just because it doesnt penetrate that "I'm always right" thick skull of yours doesn't mean they are just making suggestions to you that are up for debate. It's topics that have been covered over and over again and they are THE LAW and you are a fool to question them......... I hope that puts it into perspective for the thick skulls out there. Or keep putting your foot in your own mouth..... up to you...... just makes you look bad to everyone. Can't have you continuing on in the thread without even realizing your mistakes................... Sniggle yes everyone does have those power cords. Nothing is wrong with my day there are just too many people that come in this thread that are new and tell people they are wrong when they are wrong(tough if they never realize it) frankly I'm tired of them and I know I'm not the only one I'm just the only one that will say something about it.
Edited by ColdFlo - 8/19/13 at 2:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club