Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 62

post #611 of 25893
My x-star glossy is steady at 110hz. At 120 there are lines but I'm gonna try some different configuration to try to get 120 stable.
post #612 of 25893
Thread Starter 
Hopefully dream-seller just said that he couldn't, but actually will? To avoid trouble by leaving no evidence of intention
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
Always Tinkering
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4790k MSI Z97-G55 SLI XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2 x 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 7200RPM 1.5TB Noctua nh-d14 Zalman lq-310 (for GPU) sunbeamtech rheosmart 6 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 ult 64bit Gateway 24" 1080p Korean QNIX 27" 1440p Corsair K65 RGB 
PowerCase
Seasonic SS-1050XM Corsair Obsidian 750D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #613 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrsnowg View Post

That is what we call 'panel play' there is a fix in the op.

update: added a change log to the op, updates will be posted there for quick reference

I don't think my image is being cut off though. And the assembly isn't bad as the one in the video. Mine only goes very slightly in. Should it be worth the hassle to fix it though?
post #614 of 25893
So what exactly is the difference between the x-star and the Qnix? Something about the logo in the left? Seems that most people are going for the Qnix..
post #615 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paps.pt View Post

been thinking about buying from that seller also but I live in Portugal. Is the matte really much better than the glossy?

It is all personal preference and helps if you've owned a glossy monitor or notebook before. Reflections will always be an issue on glossy unless you have extremely bad and non-sensitive eyes. But they will be perfect if you are in a hidden room such as the basement. If you've always owned matte monitors and never complained, you should prob just stick with matte because the display of these monitors are amazing
post #616 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by wntrsnowg View Post

Hopefully dream-seller just said that he couldn't, but actually will? To avoid trouble by leaving no evidence of intention

Hmm, hadn't thought of that... Hope so! wink.gif

And now, for some music: http://youtu.be/hxPsXPCR5MU
post #617 of 25893
Purchased my Xstar Matte from bigclothcraft last Saturday @ $286.96.. the price has been upped to $300 now. No dead pixels which I am really pleased about. First picture is backlight bleed from default nvidia settings on a GTX 550ti and maxing out brightness using monitor control. Second picture is the brightness setting I have for everyday use (can only notice bottom right and ever so slightly in the bottom left and top right corner), so this is the perfect monitor for me =D. Extremely happy!




YUP, I like my monitor dim! People always complain that my phone is too dim too lol
Edited by jpak - 5/4/13 at 11:30pm
post #618 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatwolf View Post

So what exactly is the difference between the x-star and the Qnix? Something about the logo in the left? Seems that most people are going for the Qnix..

More people lean towards Qnix because there is a better chance of receiving an overclockable monitor. This is merely speculation, but polls do show a significant amount of owners who have been able to get 80-90hz+ to run stable and there have been more tests and results on the Qnix as opposed to the Xstar, which most new buyers are going off of. Have to keep in mind that luck is also a big factor when getting your monitor =X
post #619 of 25893
allright will order a Qnix from excellentcastle now then. Who knows how long these will be available and/or overclockable.
post #620 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpak View Post

Purchased my Xstar Matte from bigclothcraft last Saturday @ $286.96.. the price has been upped to $300 now. No dead pixels which I am really pleased about. First picture is backlight bleed from default nvidia settings on a GTX 550ti and maxing out brightness using monitor control. Second picture is the brightness setting I have for everyday use (can only notice bottom right and ever so slightly in the bottom left and top right corner), so this is the perfect monitor for me =D. Extremely happy!




YUP, I like my monitor dim! People always complain that my phone is too dim too lol

That's minor backlight bleeding.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club