Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 647

post #6461 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertdt View Post

Hey, just curious, for those of you with the Qnix QX2710 Evolution II monitor, what are your brightness settings set at?


Because there is no on screen display, I counted how many times you can push the button to go from least brightness to full brightness, and I got 29, so I have set mine at about 17-19, which is a little brighter than halfway... but I'm not sure this is the optimal setting. Any thoughts? Also, should I be color calibrating this through software? I know I saw some software preset files on the first page but had not considered adjusting it yet.

I personally set mine at full. It doesn't white out the colors or anything. I've never had a monitor still look good with brightness set to 100% so I wonder if my backlight is just dimmer than others.
post #6462 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertdt View Post

Hey, just curious, for those of you with the Qnix QX2710 Evolution II monitor, what are your brightness settings set at?


Because there is no on screen display, I counted how many times you can push the button to go from least brightness to full brightness, and I got 29, so I have set mine at about 17-19, which is a little brighter than halfway... but I'm not sure this is the optimal setting. Any thoughts? Also, should I be color calibrating this through software? I know I saw some software preset files on the first page but had not considered adjusting it yet.

I go about 8 clicks down from the maximum
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6463 of 25887
I go 10 clicks up from minimum. These monitors are really bright, burn my eyes if I use anything higher than about 16 clicks.

I got 10 clicks as that is just under the usual display calibraiton target of 120cd/m2 for display brightness - measured with an i1 Display Pro.
post #6464 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilly View Post

That worked perfect. I'm now at 120hz (459.86mhz) I used 2652x1445 total pixels cause I'm still using the stock cable. Whats the difference if I used 2560x1440 total pixels?

Since the mhz is lower are we losing anything by adjusting the timings like this? Is it still truly 120hz? biggrin.gif

Now lets see if it sticks, cause I had 120hz with "lcd reduced" but eventually it started showing the lines. *fingers crossed*

Thank you very much! thumb.gif

EDIT: It's been about an hour and a half and its been working flawlessly. Thanks again! Gonna hit the front page and report a successful 120hz OC.. biggrin.gifthumb.gif

There are "total pixels", that includes inactive ones, "effective pixels", which includes operational but ignored ones and "optical blacks", ones that have light blocks and are used for "dark current" correction, there are active pixels, that excludes the ignored ones but includes the "optical blacks" thus being equal to your actual resolution. You cannot have your total pixels be equal to your resolution because that is essentially not all of the pixels being rendered for your image to display. Be lowering the total pixel count you remove more ignored pixels for rendering which does in theory have a sweet spot(this is where we get into binning and establishing total pixel standards). Each resolution or pixel count has a certain pad of excess optical black pixels to make sure there is no instability on this avenue. This is done as there is generally plenty of bandwidth to accommodate for it. When we overclock we push the equipments pixel clock to the limit so essentially optimizing this portion of the data stream becomes needed and beneficial where it would not have been before. So inherently you should not be losing any quality by doing this but rather optimizing one more variable in the string between panel and GPU and yes it is still true 120hz and we have proof of it wink.gif .

I hope i didn't lose anybody redface.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutt132 View Post

I also want to know what would happen if I put total pixels at 2560 x 1440. I don't want to down sample.

Downsampling is not a function of CRU. That is done in the nvidia control panel or with AMD downsampling tool or can be added manually to the render set in the EDID. This is going to be the rendered pixel count being separated and in excess of the active pixel count creating a hardware anti-aliasing effect. Simply put don't worry about accidentally downsampling with CRU. thumb.gif
Edited by Spartan F8 - 9/4/13 at 2:53pm
post #6465 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

There are "total pixels", that includes inactive ones, "effective pixels", which includes operational but ignored ones and "optical blacks", ones that have light blocks and are used for "dark current" correction, there are active pixels, that excludes the ignored ones but includes the "optical blacks" thus being equal to your actual resolution. You cannot have your total pixels be equal to your resolution because that is essentially not all of the pixels being rendered for your image to display. Be lowering the total pixel count you remove more ignored pixels for rendering which does in theory have a sweet spot(this is where we get into binning and establishing total pixel standards). Each resolution or pixel count has a certain pad of excess optical black pixels to make sure there is no instability on this avenue. This is done as there is generally plenty of bandwidth to accommodate for it. When we overclock we push the equipments pixel clock to the limit so essentially optimizing this portion of the data stream becomes needed and beneficial where it would not have been before. So inherently you should not be losing any quality by doing this but rather optimizing one more variable in the string between panel and GPU and yes it is still true 120hz and we have proof of it wink.gif .

I hope i didn't lose anybody redface.gif
Downsampling is not a function of CRU. That is done in the nvidia control panel or with AMD downsampling tool or can be added manually to the render set in the EDID. This is going to be the rendered pixel count being separated and in excess of the active pixel count creating a hardware anti-aliasing effect. Simply put don't worry about accidentally downsampling with CRU. thumb.gif

Awesome.. Thanks for the explanation. I was just gonna stick with 110hz, I'm very glad I saw your post. smile.gif Still working perfecto! thumb.gif Hope this helps other people too, cause I must have missed the front porch method on the first page or maybe its just not there, or maybe my brain is just mush at this point. biggrin.gif
post #6466 of 25887
Just got my Qnix matte monitor today from accessorieswhole and it has minimal BLB but has a cluster of 4 dead pixels in the center and a separate one below that cluster sad-smiley-002.gif. Its very distracting on white backgrounds like this website. Hopefully I can get a replacement from them and keep you all posted.
Edited by Betakaiser - 9/4/13 at 7:50pm
post #6467 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betakaiser View Post

Just got my Qnix matte monitor today from accessorieswhole and it has minimal BLB but has a cluster of 4 dead pixels in the center and a separate one below that cluster sad-smiley-002.gif. Its very distracting on white backgrounds like this website. Hopefully I can get a replacement from them and keep you all posted.

That's why I opted to buy pixel perfect, the chacne of that happening scared me too much.
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
Bladestorm Z
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 5ghz [1.4v] MSI Z77 MPOWER MSI GeForce GTX 1070 @ +225/+450 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2200mhz [1.5v] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 SSD Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Professional x64 2x Debezeled QNIX QX2710 [77hz] 
PowerCase
Corsair AX860i Corsair 600T SE 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6468 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ry View Post

That's why I opted to buy pixel perfect, the chacne of that happening scared me too much.

Likewise with me. I know that its an extra $50 but to me the chance of getting a dud is well worth the extra money.
Broke
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7920x Asus Rampage VI Extreme Titan Xp Gskills Trident Z 4000 C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force NVMe Samsung 960 Evo 1260 Phobya Supernova EK Coolstream 360 XE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 Razer EVGA G2 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Primochill Praxis Wetbench Logitech G902 Razer Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Broke
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7920x Asus Rampage VI Extreme Titan Xp Gskills Trident Z 4000 C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force NVMe Samsung 960 Evo 1260 Phobya Supernova EK Coolstream 360 XE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 Razer EVGA G2 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Primochill Praxis Wetbench Logitech G902 Razer Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6469 of 25887
Hi, joined up to post in this thread smile.gif

Bought a X-star DP2710 from dream-seller for USD$279, took 9 working days to arrive here in New Zealand. It went quite a long route (Busan-Incheon-Shanghai-Guangzhou-Singapore-Auckland). No taxes/GST as it was under NZD$400.

I've tried to look for dead pixels using the link in the OP and there doesn't seem to be any. It's daytime so I haven't checked out BLB extensively but from what I can tell there doesn't appear to be much. I don't think there's any panel play either. I haven't tried overclocking the monitor yet, and I don't think my graphics card could handle the higher frame rate anyway (1GB GIGABYTE HD6950) but I probably will at some point. I'll probably have to turn AA off to run things at 60fps at this resolution given my VRAM.

I've mounted the monitor on a VESA stand with two 1080p monitors in portrait on either side. The stand says it can only take up to 24" but since the monitors are in portrait it doesn't really matter. The short VESA holes on the back of the monitor are pretty annoying though. The screws that came with the stand were 3mm or so too long so I bought some washers and put them in between the monitor and the stand (I couldn't find shorter screws of the same type at the hardware store). Hopefully it holds up, I'd imagine this places extra pressure on the screws?

Enjoying the extra screen space so far and am proud to be a member of this club smile.gif
post #6470 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzoi View Post

Hi, joined up to post in this thread smile.gif

Bought a X-star DP2710 from dream-seller for USD$279, took 9 working days to arrive here in New Zealand. It went quite a long route (Busan-Incheon-Shanghai-Guangzhou-Singapore-Auckland). No taxes/GST as it was under NZD$400.

I've tried to look for dead pixels using the link in the OP and there doesn't seem to be any. It's daytime so I haven't checked out BLB extensively but from what I can tell there doesn't appear to be much. I don't think there's any panel play either. I haven't tried overclocking the monitor yet, and I don't think my graphics card could handle the higher frame rate anyway (1GB GIGABYTE HD6950) but I probably will at some point. I'll probably have to turn AA off to run things at 60fps at this resolution given my VRAM.

I've mounted the monitor on a VESA stand with two 1080p monitors in portrait on either side. The stand says it can only take up to 24" but since the monitors are in portrait it doesn't really matter. The short VESA holes on the back of the monitor are pretty annoying though. The screws that came with the stand were 3mm or so too long so I bought some washers and put them in between the monitor and the stand (I couldn't find shorter screws of the same type at the hardware store). Hopefully it holds up, I'd imagine this places extra pressure on the screws?

Enjoying the extra screen space so far and am proud to be a member of this club smile.gif

What size 1080p monitors did you go portrait with? Also - who did dream seller use to ship to you?
Broke
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7920x Asus Rampage VI Extreme Titan Xp Gskills Trident Z 4000 C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force NVMe Samsung 960 Evo 1260 Phobya Supernova EK Coolstream 360 XE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 Razer EVGA G2 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Primochill Praxis Wetbench Logitech G902 Razer Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Broke
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i9 7920x Asus Rampage VI Extreme Titan Xp Gskills Trident Z 4000 C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Force NVMe Samsung 960 Evo 1260 Phobya Supernova EK Coolstream 360 XE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 Razer EVGA G2 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Primochill Praxis Wetbench Logitech G902 Razer Asus Xonar STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club