Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 708

post #7071 of 25893
Quote:
think I would look to spend the extra $200 for the Tempest monitors. At least they test the OC before it ships and I hear their QC is good.

I can vouch for that - Tempest OCs are hand checked before shipping out, BLB is very minimal (Scribby had to basically hire a (3rd party) team of QA in China, and return i think 2 batches since they tested so poorly. In the end they were quality monitors, uniformity was good, very good BLB, and 96hz+ OC.

Not sure if he's changed his policies lately though.
post #7072 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafonthewind View Post

This might help with your streaming problems, it lets you preload the whole video
http://lifehacker.com/preload-entire-youtube-videos-by-disabling-dash-playbac-1186454034

Thanks, remember doing this earlier this year, but had to re-install OS. And totally forgot about how awesome it is, me be watching 720P HD now!
post #7073 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentar712 View Post

How good was the refund?

Last I read about refunds, it seems to be either send it back for a new screen or accept a partal refund ? Might be totally wrong though, but remember reading about it. Might've been on the Sweclockers though...
post #7074 of 25893
So, I got my Qnix today and I'm not sure if this is burn-in or something else or how to fix it:

@60Hz:



@120Hz:



Any ideas on solving this? I still see some remnants of what looks like burn-in @96Hz as well.
Edited by paulkon - 9/18/13 at 3:25pm
post #7075 of 25893
Overclocked my monitor, some games work fine, other games load but when they load all you can hear is the audio and the monitor starts cycling through all the colors? Anyone know what to do here? Most of my games work fine though with the Overclock.

114hz QNIX PLS 1440p

amd patched, and CCC both DVI boxes checked, and CRU extension block i tried both checked and unchecked it made no diff.


thoughts?
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7076 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

Overclocked my monitor, some games work fine, other games load but when they load all you can hear is the audio and the monitor starts cycling through all the colors? Anyone know what to do here? Most of my games work fine though with the Overclock.

114hz QNIX PLS 1440p

amd patched, and CCC both DVI boxes checked, and CRU extension block i tried both checked and unchecked it made no diff.


thoughts?

1. What games?
2. Are there pre-defined display settings for the game?
3. Does the game load at lower refresh rates ok?
4. Does the game load ok in windowed mode?
5. Does that game actually support that frame rate?
6. do you have an Nvidia card or an ATI card?
7. Have you checked the game's 3D settings in your drivers?
8. Have you tried looking up any info about this particular game not loading properly?
9. Does the game load on other monitors? Without the overclock set up on this monitor?
post #7077 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkon View Post

So, I got my Qnix today and I'm not sure if this is burn-in or something else or how to fix it:

@60Hz:



@120Hz:



Any ideas on solving this? I still see some remnants of what looks like burn-in @96Hz as well.

Try searching "clouding" in this thread and the crossover thread. Also you can optimize your timings to not have so much gamma shift and color uniformity. This is NOT burn-in(which does NOT happen with these monitors at all. These monitor have color retention at overclocked speeds which is temporary)
post #7078 of 25893
Thanks for the answers. So I get that these are made by a no brand company, alot of the parts are crap, it has no OSD, no speakers (realistically) etc. being this cheap is the image actually as good as a 'proper' 1440p display made by say Dell or Asus or something? Is 120Hz on these like 120Hz on TN?
post #7079 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookybiscuit View Post

Thanks for the answers. So I get that these are made by a no brand company, alot of the parts are crap, it has no OSD, no speakers (realistically) etc. being this cheap is the image actually as good as a 'proper' 1440p display made by say Dell or Asus or something? Is 120Hz on these like 120Hz on TN?

The panel itself is the exact same panel that you would find in a "proper" display by Dell or ASUS. The screen is a PLS panel made by Samsung, I beleive the OP mentions a few brand-name displays that use the same one. The image quality should be exactly the same. With these, you might just have to worry about some BLB or dead/stuck pixels.

And yes, its is TRUE 120Hz, no frame skipping, assuming you can get yours to 120. Results may vary. tongue.gif But 96Hz is almost guaranteed based on the recorded results so far.
Edited by Zipper Fairy - 9/18/13 at 4:21pm
post #7080 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Try searching "clouding" in this thread and the crossover thread. Also you can optimize your timings to not have so much gamma shift and color uniformity. This is NOT burn-in(which does NOT happen with these monitors at all. These monitor have color retention at overclocked speeds which is temporary)

I tightened the timings down to 459 MHz and after searching for "clouding" I haven't come across any fixes to the specific problem I'm having. Is the fix to just wait it out and see if it gets better?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club