Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 762

post #7611 of 25887
Buying "Pixel Perfect" to me is buying leverage so the seller pays for return shipping, essentially a free exchange. I dont think they actually open up and check anything.

EDIT: a word
Edited by jerrolds - 10/1/13 at 2:51pm
post #7612 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

I specifically made sure to get a PP policy where you don't get a refund if there are issues. The ones where you do are scams, the ones where you don't aren't. That said the sellers will try and scam you if it isn't PP by offering refunds, and some even just ignore you.

So PP isn't a scam, so long as you know what to look for and don't let them give you a partial refund in the case of a bad monitor.

Really? Well in my opinion any time you have to FORCE a seller to do anything it kinda screams scam. I do agree that you could message the seller and be a pain enough to get what you want but that still means the root premise is a scam. I guess i might be expecting to much though rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

Buying "Pixel Perfect" to me is buying leverage for the seller paying for return shipping, essentially a free exchange. I dont they actually open up and check anything.

The above comment covers this one leverage is a term that is in line with trying to get what you want rather than buying a extra level of warranty and NO, most maybe all do NOT actually open the box even if they say they are. Have them send you a picture and then post that picture here so we can cross reference and make sure they are not sending the same picture over and over again. And many times they wont pay return shipping, then will just try and refund a difference making the whole idea pointless.
Edited by Spartan F8 - 10/1/13 at 2:51pm
post #7613 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

I specifically made sure to get a PP policy where you don't get a refund if there are issues. The ones where you do are scams, the ones where you don't aren't. That said the sellers will try and scam you if it isn't PP by offering refunds, and some even just ignore you.

So PP isn't a scam, so long as you know what to look for and don't let them give you a partial refund in the case of a bad monitor.
Bolded for emphasis.

If your seller wants to refund you on your "PP" monitor which isn't PP, then they must offer you more than just the difference. There must be a penalty, some sort of incentive such that sending out a bad monitor actively punishes the seller (thus they are incentivized not to send out bad monitors).
post #7614 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkrok View Post

How is this still even being debated? Read through this thread and it is obvious. If you think some korean ebay seller is going to sift through their stock for an additional $20 you are dreaming. The manufacturer does not make a "pixel perfect" monitor, therefore it cannot be sold.

Im impressed that this scam still works on people. if I ever found a product that had say a 20%+ of being defective, I would claim to sell a "perfect" version for a higher rate. Then if the customer ends up getting a defective one, refund the additional cost. The ones that get a "perfect" one encourage others to pay the extra fee, and the ones who get the refund feel like they were compensated for the trouble. Pure genius! thumb.gif

Hahaha THIS!^ thumb.gif
post #7615 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Really? Well in my opinion any time you have to FORCE a seller to do anything it kinda screams scam. I do agree that you could message the seller and be a pain enough to get what you want but that still means the root premise is a scam. I guess i might be expecting to much though rolleyes.gif
The above comment covers this one leverage is a term that is in line with trying to get what you want rather than buying a extra level of warranty and NO, most maybe all do NOT actually open the box even if they say they are. Have them send you a picture and then post that picture here so we can cross reference and make sure they are not sending the same picture over and over again.

I fully accept that they try and scam you with PP, but if you can force a refund/replacement easily through ebay buyer protection then I'm not fussed what the seller wanted. tongue.gif
post #7616 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

And many times they wont pay return shipping, then will just try and refund a difference making the whole idea pointless.

But if this not to the Buyers liking, they can use this as leverage during the eBay dispute - eBay will (most likely) side with the buyer and force the seller to pay for return (or even cross ship) shipping.
post #7617 of 25887
I'm curious to know what sort of defects qualify these panels to be sold to third-party resellers in S. Korea. Assuming that the panel is running at 60Hz (full 300 cd/m2 brightness, no panel uniformity issues), and has no dead pixels or clouding or dust behind the LCD, etc.

I mean Samsung themselves sells their own panels in their own casing at 3x the price so it makes me wonder how this is all even works. Is the extra ~$600 really for a better bezel, stand, connectivity options, and OSD?
post #7618 of 25887
LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

I ordered my PP QNIX QX2710 from accessorieswhole yesterday. They say here they inspect each item three times. They also say Santa Claus visits every Christmas, I don't know what to believe anymore.. headscratch.gif

I'll have to wait till my item arrives (That's of course when they ship it since it's stuck at "This order is being processed through PayPal", even though PayPal records show that the payment is complete and that they've already received it)
Edited by VENAXIS - 10/1/13 at 3:10pm
post #7619 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENAXIS View Post

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

I ordered my PP QNIX QX2710 from accessorieswhole yesterday. They say here they inspect each item three times. They also say Santa Claus visits every Christmas, I don't know what to believe anymore.. headscratch.gif

I'll have to wait till my item arrives (That's of course when they ship it since it's stuck at "This order is being processed through PayPal", even though PayPal records show that the payment is complete and that they've already received it)

ok....LOL what does an inspection entitle? Is it as fast as Santa?

Anyway i think it might be better to move the discussion somewhere other than the PP SCAM since we are trying to find one golden nugget in a swamp.
post #7620 of 25887
So I emailed ipsledmonitors.com and they said they cannot offer an exchange to due to low quantities, but they can still take it back. I asked what the issue is and they say that asked their qnix rep and they said, "The main board, DPL-2560LS.REV.01, was designed by Display Land Co. Ltd. for 60Hz operation. It just so happens that the board will process the extra data for higher refresh rates, although not flawlessly in most cases. Timing, temperature, and even impedance can effect the performance. A pixel/ frame error at higher refresh rates is not indicative of a panel issue. The panel and TCON board (Samsung parts) are not involved in producing those “mistakes”. It’s likely the main board is not keeping up at higher refresh rates, it’s actually atypical when it does (although that is preferred by enthusiasts)."

So I at least know its not a panel defect but is actually working as designed, its just those whom can overclock are purely lucky. So I have a big decision to make. Return it for money back and either gamble again with them or a different seller; OR, I just keep what I have and be happy I have a monitor I love despite its overclocking struggles.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club