Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 818

post #8171 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilly View Post

I'm assuming this error is because of the patch but does anyone else get this..I looked in my windows logs in system and found this:

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video1
CMDre 00000000 00000804 00862a20 00000004 00000084

I dont know if it's just my setup or if everyone is getting the error. I downgraded my drivers to 320.18 and the Event ID 14 error is completely gone.. Its been about 24hours and not one error.. It used to be that I got an error every 20-30 mins. Does anyone else see that error in their system logs with the latest drivers?
post #8172 of 25893
About Glossy vs. Matte:

If I'm used to working on a laptop that has a glass screen (retina MBP), would that be a good indicator that I would like the Glossy screen?
post #8173 of 25893
Can anyone confirm if this is what backlight bleeding is? The images I have found online when searching backlight bleeding do not seem as severe as this.I am kind of new to this whole monitor troubleshooting deal so any help is greatly appreciated.

post #8174 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawzkee View Post

Can anyone confirm if this is what backlight bleeding is? The images I have found online when searching backlight bleeding do not seem as severe as this.I am kind of new to this whole monitor troubleshooting deal so any help is greatly appreciated.

If the distortion in that pic isn't from the camera, I would say that your panel is severely bent and the LEDs that are located there aren't functioning.
post #8175 of 25893
Might be distortion from the camera because the panel isn't bent. Would you know if this is something easily repaired, or is monitor done for?
post #8176 of 25893
I would return that one, if I were you. I considered my panel to be pretty bad, but I still had illumination from all LEDs. I would send that pic to the seller and get him to pay for shipping and send a replacement.
post #8177 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrptJim View Post

I would return that one, if I were you. I considered my panel to be pretty bad, but I still had illumination from all LEDs. I would send that pic to the seller and get him to pay for shipping and send a replacement.

I agree with this, I think that's unacceptable by every seller's terms.
post #8178 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper Fairy View Post

I agree with this, I think that's unacceptable by every seller's terms.

It might be a little too late for that. I purchased the monitor about one month and a half ago saw it was defective but had to leave the country before being able to return it within 14 day refund policy. I emailed ebay seller about warranty terms and possibly exchanging, but I highly doubt this will be possible. In the event that I have to keep it, would paying a technician to repair or replace Led too costly?
post #8179 of 25893
It doesn't hurt to ask. If you bought it from a top seller, they do care about their user rating and may be willing to work out something with you as long as you don't give them a bad review.
post #8180 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawzkee View Post

Might be distortion from the camera because the panel isn't bent. Would you know if this is something easily repaired, or is monitor done for?

The casing is not bent - but for sure the metal frame around the panel is putting uneven pressure...youre going to definately need to open it up and take out the metal frame and straight it out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club