Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 824

post #8231 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

I know what you are saying, but manufacturers like dell would consider even one dead pixel to be defect where in this case, it would not be. I found one korean IPS monitor that guarantees ZERO dead pixel but nothing on the PLS can offer zero dead pixel. I would prefer not to take the risk of getting one dead pixel.

This monitor is basically getting the functionality of overclocking (96~120Hz), 1440p, and PLS panel quality at a price MUCH LOWER than most monitors that only have 1 or 2 of these qualities.

You take a risk, but that's part of getting those 4 rewards.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 HyperX Fury 16GB 1866 DDR3 HX318C10FBK2/16 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS Qnix QX2710 1440p 110Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 SE Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 HyperX Fury 16GB 1866 DDR3 HX318C10FBK2/16 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS Qnix QX2710 1440p 110Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 SE Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8232 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post

This monitor is basically getting the functionality of overclocking (96~120Hz), 1440p, and PLS panel quality at a price MUCH LOWER than most monitors that only have 1 or 2 of these qualities.

You take a risk, but that's part of getting those 4 rewards.

Are the PLS superior to the normal IPS panels? I am assuming they are true 8 bit not dithered right? And would a 29 inch 2560 x 1080 be comparable to it?

Off topic: is your profile pic from steins gate?
post #8233 of 25911
I've owned both IPS and PLS and I think they are pretty similar, I couldn't say one looked nicer than the other. Again it all comes down imo to the ability to overclock it if that matters to you.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8234 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

I've owned both IPS and PLS and I think they are pretty similar, I couldn't say one looked nicer than the other. Again it all comes down imo to the ability to overclock it if that matters to you.

Ever had any experience with the high end dell lines?
post #8235 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

Ever had any experience with the high end dell lines?

such as Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27” ?

No like I said I just have a dell 2312HM nothing special.

What I do know however is that the U2713HM uses the exact same IPS panel as the korean IPS monitors, I had a crossover 27QW briefly and it was a very nice looking picture. All the IPS is made by LG all PLS is made by samsung.

The only difference is the "grading" of the panel. Supposedly the dells are higher graded panels but that in no way means that you will get a dell without dark dead pixels on it which their policy that I linked earlier allows a certain number of.

So you could spend 600$+ on a dell and end up with bad pixels and buy a korean IPS for $300 and end up with less/none it is all luck of the draw.

I guess the only thing is if you made enough noise about it maybe dell would let you exchange it. Who knows.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8236 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

such as Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27” ?

No like I said I just have a dell 2312HM nothing special.

What I do know however is that the U2713HM uses the exact same IPS panel as the korean IPS monitors, I had a crossover 27QW briefly and it was a very nice looking picture. All the IPS is made by LG all PLS is made by samsung.

The only difference is the "grading" of the panel. Supposedly the dells are higher graded panels but that in no way means that you will get a dell without dark dead pixels on it which their policy that I linked earlier allows a certain number of.

So you could spend 600$+ on a dell and end up with bad pixels and buy a korean IPS for $300 and end up with less/none it is all luck of the draw.

I guess the only thing is if you made enough noise about it maybe dell would let you exchange it. Who knows.

I see. I want see how much I am losing in terms of color quality to the PLS.
post #8237 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

I see. I want see how much I am losing in terms of color quality to the PLS.

I really think they are pretty comparable. I've seen somewhere that people think IPS has a bit nicer colors but PLS has better black level.

I could have that backwards though, Do some research on the net I guess. Like I said I've had both and like them both.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8238 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

Are the PLS superior to the normal IPS panels? I am assuming they are true 8 bit not dithered right? And would a 29 inch 2560 x 1080 be comparable to it?

Off topic: is your profile pic from steins gate?

I assume it's similar to the colors of the 6-bit S-IPS monitors that HP/Dell use. I'll be getting my Qnix tomorrow and I can compare it to my HP ZR22w's.

I wouldn't go for the ultra-wide res, I hate my Eyefinity setup in Landscape, as it is just way too wide and short. Hence why I always have it as Portrait.

Yes, it is a photo I took of the Kurisu 1/8 scale figma my gf bought for me. thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 HyperX Fury 16GB 1866 DDR3 HX318C10FBK2/16 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS Qnix QX2710 1440p 110Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 SE Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 HyperX Fury 16GB 1866 DDR3 HX318C10FBK2/16 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS Qnix QX2710 1440p 110Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 SE Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8239 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

I really think they are pretty comparable. I've seen somewhere that people think IPS has a bit nicer colors but PLS has better black level.

I could have that backwards though, Do some research on the net I guess. Like I said I've had both and like them both.

So it seems PLS is pretty much samsung's version of eIPS, which is the cheapest IPS panels with lower quality and using 6 bit to dither to 8 bit. So the PLS might not be true 8 bit monitors.
post #8240 of 25911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

So it seems PLS is pretty much samsung's version of eIPS, which is the cheapest IPS panels with lower quality and using 6 bit to dither to 8 bit. So the PLS might not be true 8 bit monitors.

I don't know which version of IPS they are based off, but yes they basically changed some stuff from IPS because they didn't want to pay LG anything. I know they are advertised as 8 bit just like IPS.

I don't know if that is somehow a lie. I know that PLS looks perfectly good to me, I Certainly wouldn't pay double for a dell IPS vs a korean PLS. You may feel differently.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club