Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 847

post #8461 of 25893
Unfortunately I'm having a bit of a problem with my Qnix monitor frown.gif. I was on the computer yesterday when all of a sudden the screen turned black and the blue power light seemed to fade in and out. I have been unable to get any picture whatsoever since. I can only see the backlight of the monitor and the blue light stays on when powered on but besides that it's just a black screen. Tested video card with another monitor and it's fine. I bought it in August on ebay so I highly doubt there's anything the seller will be willing to do about it. I'm hoping anybody out there has any suggestions. Thanks.
post #8462 of 25893
just wanted to share my findings.

Upgraded from 5850 to gtx580. 110hz max stable oc on x-star went to 120hz stable oc thumb.gif
post #8463 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by JE14 View Post

Unfortunately I'm having a bit of a problem with my Qnix monitor frown.gif. I was on the computer yesterday when all of a sudden the screen turned black and the blue power light seemed to fade in and out. I have been unable to get any picture whatsoever since. I can only see the backlight of the monitor and the blue light stays on when powered on but besides that it's just a black screen. Tested video card with another monitor and it's fine. I bought it in August on ebay so I highly doubt there's anything the seller will be willing to do about it. I'm hoping anybody out there has any suggestions. Thanks.

it has only been two months i'd message them. I know you can do an ebay case within 45 days so you are likely screwed on that respect.

Might be able to do a chargeback with the credit card since it failed so quick.

Were you overclocking? just curious.
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Machine
(19 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3770k Asus z77 P8Z77-LK V Sapphire 290x Sapphire 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill 4x4gb @ 1600mhz Samsung Evo 120gb Samsung Evo 120gb 2TB Seagate Game storage drive  
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Raystorm CPU BLOCK EK Nickle/Acetal 290x Block  2x XSPC 240MM Radiator Windows 8.1  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution II  Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid  Cooler Master V1000 Fractal Arc Midi R2 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 steel series qck Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8464 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

it has only been two months i'd message them. I know you can do an ebay case within 45 days so you are likely screwed on that respect.

Might be able to do a chargeback with the credit card since it failed so quick.

Were you overclocking? just curious.
I was only OC up to 110hz max but that was rare. I usually just left it as it stock. I sent green-sum a message, but I really don't look forward to paying the steep shipping fees if it can't be fixed. If I let the monitor go to sleep I can wake it up by pressing a key from the keyboard but only the backlight comes on. Really disappointed as I had no issues prior to this. Do you think it could possibly be the power brick? I saw someone on youtube claim he fixed a similar problem with a new power brick but his display still showed some video.
post #8465 of 25893
Is there anyway you can test your refresh rate in-game?

I've tried the UFO tests but they don't seem consistent as Chrome can do 120hz in windowed mode and downclocks to 60hz in fullscreen. Firefox can do 120hz but it says it's having issues with the latest version.
Predaking
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K@4.5Ghz Biostar TP67XE MSI GTX660 Corsair Vengeance 16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64GB M50 120GB WD Green 2x2TB Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  Qnix 2710@110hz / Viewsonic VX2439 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Corsair K70 Corsair HX650W Corsair M65 Pro Creative Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Predaking
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K@4.5Ghz Biostar TP67XE MSI GTX660 Corsair Vengeance 16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64GB M50 120GB WD Green 2x2TB Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  Qnix 2710@110hz / Viewsonic VX2439 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Corsair K70 Corsair HX650W Corsair M65 Pro Creative Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8466 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiju View Post

Is there anyway you can test your refresh rate in-game?

I've tried the UFO tests but they don't seem consistent as Chrome can do 120hz in windowed mode and downclocks to 60hz in fullscreen. Firefox can do 120hz but it says it's having issues with the latest version.

If you have 2 monitors running the test will not work. Disable your second monitor and run the testufo, it should work....
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K Asus Z270 Prime-A MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NZXT X61 Win 10 x64 Pixio 1440p 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro M tempered Glass Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse Pad
Artizan Raiden 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700K Asus Z270 Prime-A MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NZXT X61 Win 10 x64 Pixio 1440p 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 Cooler Master V850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro M tempered Glass Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse Pad
Artizan Raiden 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8467 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by JE14 View Post

I was only OC up to 110hz max but that was rare. I usually just left it as it stock. I sent green-sum a message, but I really don't look forward to paying the steep shipping fees if it can't be fixed. If I let the monitor go to sleep I can wake it up by pressing a key from the keyboard but only the backlight comes on. Really disappointed as I had no issues prior to this. Do you think it could possibly be the power brick? I saw someone on youtube claim he fixed a similar problem with a new power brick but his display still showed some video.

Try a power supply first but if not then get a replacement pcb from the seller and swap it out yourself.
post #8468 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camberwell View Post

If you have 2 monitors running the test will not work. Disable your second monitor and run the testufo, it should work....
Ah, I see. So if I play games, I should disable my second monitor as well?

Just tested Chrome with a single screen and it keeps my refresh rate in fullscreen. Thanks!

Edit: Just found out about Windows Key+P. Awesome.
Edited by kaiju - 10/23/13 at 2:21am
Predaking
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K@4.5Ghz Biostar TP67XE MSI GTX660 Corsair Vengeance 16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64GB M50 120GB WD Green 2x2TB Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  Qnix 2710@110hz / Viewsonic VX2439 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Corsair K70 Corsair HX650W Corsair M65 Pro Creative Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Predaking
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K@4.5Ghz Biostar TP67XE MSI GTX660 Corsair Vengeance 16GB  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 64GB M50 120GB WD Green 2x2TB Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  Qnix 2710@110hz / Viewsonic VX2439 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Corsair K70 Corsair HX650W Corsair M65 Pro Creative Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8469 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwareDecoder View Post

lower your pixel clock. on the left side of cru try 48 32 12, on the right side try 231

try that for 96hz

sry dont have a pic right now on my laptop eating dinner.

Speaking of cables Im tired of the one that came with the monitor, for some reason I cant get it to screw in to the monitor, it screws in to the gfx card fine.

Also i'd like to get the other 3 hz and be at 120.

Is this cable my best bet? http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-24AWG-Dual-DVI-D-Cable/dp/B003L11FIQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382479080&sr=8-2&keywords=monoprice+dvi+dual+link

was just reading the comments on this one even though its 28 awg (thinner) The first comment is a guy saying these work for 120hz better than other cables, it is like 10$ cheaper too I might go for it over the monprice one.

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Plated-Ferrites-Copper/dp/B007NJ0S1W/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1382479800&sr=8-8&keywords=24awg+dvi+dual+link

went ahead and ordered it for 8$ and free prime shipping (no tax yay idk what is up with amazon some times they charge tax some times they don't) should be here Thursday i'll update on how it works

Hey i tried what you suggested but no luck, are you able to post a screen of your settings please?
post #8470 of 25893
Ordered Qnix from dream-seller yesterday. 24 hours later emailed to ask when they were planning to dispatch, they said not until the day after tomorrow (Friday). Is that normal? I thought it was 1 day dispatch. I was hoping to get it this week won't happen now. tongue.gif

The waiting game sucks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club