Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 869

post #8681 of 25888
I did not have chance to play bf3 before my screen broke when bought it, not played it since fixing it either as waiting for bf4, just thought would load it up and have a look a few minutes ago. Loaded up metro for a quick blast and I must say I am very disappointed. The motion blur and input lag is unplayable on this screen for me in bf3, hurts my eyes also. Looks like I will have to go back to 1080p 60hz 2ms.
post #8682 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

I did not have chance to play bf3 before my screen broke when bought it, not played it since fixing it either as waiting for bf4, just thought would load it up and have a look a few minutes ago. Loaded up metro for a quick blast and I must say I am very disappointed. The motion blur and input lag is unplayable on this screen for me in bf3, hurts my eyes also. Looks like I will have to go back to 1080p 60hz 2ms.

you can turn off the motion blur in most games (not sure on metro, but for sure bf3), if you have that on, then complain about motion blur on the monitor, then you really are not comparing the monitors fairly.

but saying it's unplayable with an extra 6ms of lag, Honestly you are not that good. I say this based on one assumption, if you were that good, and 6ms is that big of a deal, you'd not even have bought this monitor ever, you'd have a 144hz or a 120hz lightboost.
post #8683 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post

you can turn off the motion blur in most games (not sure on metro, but for sure bf3), if you have that on, then complain about motion blur on the monitor, then you really are not comparing the monitors fairly.

but saying it's unplayable with an extra 6ms of lag, Honestly you are not that good. I say this based on one assumption, if you were that good, and 6ms is that big of a deal, you'd not even have bought this monitor ever, you'd have a 144hz lightboost.

I was on metro bf3, motion blur off in game. All low settings, same as on other screen, blur/input or screen lag unplayable. What you see with your eyes has nothing to do with game skill, it is more than noticeable. Am pre loading bf4 now, when play it maybe better, will see in the next couple of days.
Edited by Ghost12 - 10/29/13 at 8:44am
post #8684 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

Well here is my setup. I have two normal XSTARs right now, overclocked to 96hz, loving it.

The third monitor is currently an older 24 inch doing nothing. I am getting a Mac Mini. So I want to connect the XSTAR to the mac mini, but since this mac will only be used sometimes, I want to be able to use it for other things, maybe a console, or maybe a third screen along with the other two I have. The only way to really do this is to have more then just DVI.

So my quesiton is, but now I guess we don't know? If I use it as a third screen for my current setup, I want to overclock it to 96hz to match the other two screens. Then if I switch inputs to say DisplayPort with the Mac Mini, I don't really care what its at, if its 60hz or not. I want to be able to switch back and forth between them, 60hz Mac to 96hz PC. Will this happen or will it change everytime?

Also, will I notice the "input" lag? I'm never bought this originaly because of that, never cared about it. I do play games though, but I doubt I'd see a difference? Correct?

**I was just looking at the current Mac Mini (might change when they refresh) but I swear it had Mini Displayport, but now it only shows Thunderbolt, and from my research that only does 1080P?

**Forgot, my GTX 770 only has HDMI & DisplayPort left. So if I used the DisplayPort for the Mac, HDMI can't do 1440P, unless these monitors & the 770 supports the new standard for HDMI?

Anyone have info on this?
post #8685 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

I was on metro bf3, motion blur off in game. All low settings, same as on other screen, blur/lag unplayable. what you see with your eyes has nothing to do with game skill, it is more than noticeable. Am pre loading bf4 now, when play it maybe better, will see in the next couple of days.

I did word that wrong,
but on bf4. and bf3 the blur isn't much worse than my old 75Hz TN panels (HP branded) and, substantially less when I was smart enough to turn off the extra blur.
I can't say what it looks like on low settings, maybe that reduces the crispness enough to create more software blur?

but I was trying to convey, the 6ms extra lag time, isn't a big deal unless that 6ms is the last mile upgrade.
I feel the crispness of the colors, the resolution and the size, far outweight some value that is almost unmeasurable by the human body. (yes, perceivable in some use-cases, but majority, I don't think I can be convinced) the change to 120hz is much more noticeable than even my change from 16ms to the 8ms.


Sorry again though, I didn't mean to "attack" you, quick reply's arn't my forte
post #8686 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

Anyone have info on this?

yes sir;

thunderbolt port = MiniDP as well
switch between systems 96hz, that's software/PC side, not monitor, so yes, switching (if switching cables) changes to what the OS wants.

input lag, refer to my previous post, it's seriously subjective past a certain point.

is this a multi input?
if not, you need an ACTIVE DP -> DL-VI converter to get 96hz reliably.
post #8687 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post

I did word that wrong,
but on bf4. and bf3 the blur isn't much worse than my old 75Hz TN panels (HP branded) and, substantially less when I was smart enough to turn off the extra blur.
I can't say what it looks like on low settings, maybe that reduces the crispness enough to create more software blur?

but I was trying to convey, the 6ms extra lag time, isn't a big deal unless that 6ms is the last mile upgrade.
I feel the crispness of the colors, the resolution and the size, far outweight some value that is almost unmeasurable by the human body. (yes, perceivable in some use-cases, but majority, I don't think I can be convinced) the change to 120hz is much more noticeable than even my change from 16ms to the 8ms.


Sorry again though, I didn't mean to "attack" you, quick reply's arn't my forte

I did not take any offence, just relaying my instant feeling from the game, it was awful, maybe you are correct, maybe graphic settings, could also be the blur making the lag feel worse. All I know is it was awful, aim was awful, blur was awful and it hurt my eyes. I have not played for weeks really since bf4 beta. I also played bf3, infantry maps@ 13 something by 7 something, all low with 70 fov so maybe this change also has effected my perception. I am about to upgrade to a 780 lightning so hopefully when get on bf4 a mix of settings will help, maybe even an oc. I was not calling the screen, it is fantastic in all the sp stuff have played on it, the colours and everything is great. In Bf may not even be as perceptible on large cq in a tank but in bf3 in metro it was terrible.
post #8688 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

I did not take any offence, just relaying my instant feeling from the game, it was awful, maybe you are correct, maybe graphic settings, could also be the blur making the lag feel worse. All I know is it was awful, aim was awful, blur was awful and it hurt my eyes. I have not played for weeks really since bf4 beta. I also played bf3, infantry maps@ 13 something by 7 something, all low with 70 fov so maybe this change also has effected my perception. I am about to upgrade to a 780 lightning so hopefully when get on bf4 a mix of settings will help, maybe even an oc. I was not calling the screen, it is fantastic in all the sp stuff have played on it, the colours and everything is great. In Bf may not even be as perceptible on large cq in a tank but in bf3 in metro it was terrible.


wait, you are not playing @ 1440 res? scaled?
post #8689 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post

wait, you are not playing @ 1440 res? scaled?

? 1440p in game.
post #8690 of 25888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

I also played bf3, infantry maps@ 13 something by 7 something,
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post

wait, you are not playing @ 1440 res? scaled?

sorry, that's what threw me off, old settings -> new... carry on
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club