Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 870

post #8691 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post


sorry, that's what threw me off, old settings -> new... carry on

Lol, if can get this download done, maybe a vpn connection will be able to compare later. May take more game config file work or settings.
post #8692 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post

yes sir;

thunderbolt port = MiniDP as well
switch between systems 96hz, that's software/PC side, not monitor, so yes, switching (if switching cables) changes to what the OS wants.

input lag, refer to my previous post, it's seriously subjective past a certain point.

is this a multi input?
if not, you need an ACTIVE DP -> DL-VI converter to get 96hz reliably.

Thank you very much. The issue now is that I would use the DP to MiniDP for the Mac. But my videocard only has DP & HDMI left over, so what would my option be to be able to overclock? Is Duel Link DVI the only one that can be overclocked to 96hz? Yes the third monitor is multi input.

So the quesiton is, I would need to use HDMI for my current setup, so does a 770GTX and that monitor support the new HDMI standard that allows 4K resolution, and would it be overclockable.
Edited by bmancreations - 10/29/13 at 9:20am
post #8693 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

Thank you very much. The issue now is that I would use the DP to MiniDP for the Mac. But my videocard only has DP & HDMI left over, so what would my option be to be able to overclock? Is Duel Link DVI the only one that can be overclocked to 96hz? Yes the third monitor is multi input.

someone else is going to have to chime in here...
no idea, supposedly you could get it to 96 with DP/DVI but.... i know it would have to be an ACTIVE converter though.
post #8694 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost12 View Post

? 1440p in game.
What's the 13 something by 7 something?
post #8695 of 25893
not sure why but recently when i apply overclockt he vram will not downlock it stays at default 1502 24.7 while my monitor is oc'd?

before it would downclock... :/ nothing has changed besides new whql drivers yesterday

gtx 780 ^
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8696 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasamoka View Post

What's the 13 something by 7 something?

Lowered res used to play at for bf3 infantry on 1080p native screen, cant remember the numbers exactly.
post #8697 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post

someone else is going to have to chime in here...
no idea, supposedly you could get it to 96 with DP/DVI but.... i know it would have to be an ACTIVE converter though.

Yes, but the mac will be using the DP. So it has to be HDMI, I am fine with it not being overclocked, but no point if it will only be 1080p
post #8698 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

Yes, but the mac will be using the DP. So it has to be HDMI, I am fine with it not being overclocked, but no point if it will only be 1080p

in that case no,
1440p will not go over HDMI.
post #8699 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post

in that case no,
1440p will not go over HDMI.

So the only way to get 1440P on both the Mac & my current setup would be to have an active DuelLink DVI to miniDisplay port (which sucks because those are expensive) and use another one of those active adapters but normal DisplayPort. Darn...thats a bit expensive.

I suppose I could use a DP to DP cable, and a DP to MiniDP and just switch the cables when needed, since the Mac Mini won't be used all that often, but I hate that lol

One last question, I'm not sure if we ended up answering this. Can the DisplayPort be overclocked on these multi monitors?
Edited by bmancreations - 10/29/13 at 10:19am
post #8700 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancreations View Post

So the only way to get 1440P on both the Mac & my current setup would be to have an active DuelLink DVI to miniDisplay port (which sucks because those are expensive) and use another one of those active adapters but normal DisplayPort. Darn...thats a bit expensive.

I suppose I could use a DP to DP cable, and a DP to MiniDP and just switch the cables when needed, since the Mac Mini won't be used all that often, but I hate that lol

One last question, I'm not sure if we ended up answering this. Can the DisplayPort be overclocked on these multi monitors?

no one has been able to prove it is overclocking.
some people get the hz, but haven't been able to prove it's not just dropping frames.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club