Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 874

post #8731 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonsa View Post

So, my Qnix from acessorieswhole arrived yesterday. 0 dead pixels!! also very few blb.
i'm very happy with it.

now i've got two questions:
1st - I tried to scale it down to 1920x1080 through nvidia control panel but it gets very blurred and out of focus at that resolution. I know it's not it's native resolution but is it possible to have it at 1080 with a clear and sharp image?

2nd - I tried to use some ICC profiles for different Hz that someone posted here some days ago but I didn't see any difference when applied them. I followed this link http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?14070-How-to-assign-an-sRGB-ICC-Profile-to-your-monitor-(Windows) on how to apply. I set them as default but I don't see any changes.. What am I missing?

thank you

1) Why not just keep the 2560x1440 res and change the resolution in-game? If I need 100+FPS, I normally keep the 1440p res in-game and just lower the settings. I could care less about eye candy for FPS games like BF3, though lowered settings aren't as noticeable in BF3 compared to other games.

2) Make sure you are forcing color profiles through Windows. I'm not sure if Nvidia Control Panel does this, but AMD's CCC can force your own color settings, which diables/unchecks the Windows settings (see picture below).

Just making sure but you are doing this right? (Open in new tab if you cannot see it)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon R9 Fury X G.SKILL 2133MHz 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 Sennheiser HD 598 SE 
Audio
Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon R9 Fury X G.SKILL 2133MHz 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 Sennheiser HD 598 SE 
Audio
Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8732 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post

2) Make sure you are forcing color profiles through Windows. I'm not sure if Nvidia Control Panel does this, but AMD's CCC can force your own color settings, which diables/unchecks the Windows settings (see picture below).

Just making sure but you are doing this right? (Open in new tab if you cannot see it)
yes i'm doing it like in your image. i added all three profiles for different Hz, i set one as default but nothing changes visually.
i'm not doing anything in the nvidia control panel aside from the OC to 120Hz.
post #8733 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

not sure why but recently when i apply overclockt he vram will not downlock it stays at default 1502 24.7 while my monitor is oc'd?

before it would downclock... :/ nothing has changed besides new whql drivers yesterday

gtx 780 ^

no one has answered me yet, just curious ^
post #8734 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

These monitors are not HDCP compliant so the PS3 will not allow itself to be used on your QNix.
Sorry to be quoting such an old post but I just wanted to point out that it actually is HDCP compliant, at least according to Nvidia control panel. I'm a bit surprised it us though as I would've guessed that was handled by the chip that handled scaling, OSD etc.
post #8735 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonsa View Post

yes i'm doing it like in your image. i added all three profiles for different Hz, i set one as default but nothing changes visually.
i'm not doing anything in the nvidia control panel aside from the OC to 120Hz.
ICC profiles don't overclock. They can compensate for the colour variances due to overclocks. Check the first post in this thread, there's a section on how to overclock.
post #8736 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

ICC profiles don't overclock. They can compensate for the colour variances due to overclocks. Check the first post in this thread, there's a section on how to overclock.
i'm overclokcing simply with the nvidia control panel. not using toastyx programs because i'm using a single gtx780.
the icc profiles someone posted back here was supposely to enhance the colours with different OCs. I do apply them but nothing changes to my eyes.
post #8737 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonsa View Post

i'm overclokcing simply with the nvidia control panel. not using toastyx programs because i'm using a single gtx780.
the icc profiles someone posted back here was supposely to enhance the colours with different OCs. I do apply them but nothing changes to my eyes.
Ah, I missed that.

The profile changes can be very subtle. And nvidia can't seem to hold ICC profiles in games, which is a pain. So when you apply the profile nothing happens at all?
post #8738 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

Ah, I missed that.

The profile changes can be very subtle. And nvidia can't seem to hold ICC profiles in games, which is a pain. So when you apply the profile nothing happens at all?
yep, i add them, make it default and nothing..
how are the ICC profiles created? now i just wanted to see changes happening..
post #8739 of 25887
I get my Qnix 2710 today! 4 days to get from South Korea to Kansas City. Not bad at all. I can't wait to try out games at 1440p/120hz!
post #8740 of 25887
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunden View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

These monitors are not HDCP compliant so the PS3 will not allow itself to be used on your QNix.
Sorry to be quoting such an old post but I just wanted to point out that it actually is HDCP compliant, at least according to Nvidia control panel. I'm a bit surprised it us though as I would've guessed that was handled by the chip that handled scaling, OSD etc.

 

Yeah, my mistake. It's test mode that broke HDCP compliancy, the monitors themselves are fine. That said, I don't think you can use a PS3 with these anyways unless you get the scaler on the multi-input version.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club