Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 940

post #9391 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookotheking View Post

How much did you end up paying for the glossy from Accessorieswhole?
i paid like 350,but the ones that ship to norway are a little more expensive. Still ****s on any dell/Asus ive tried
latProd
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4670k maximus hero VI Evga 780 Ti Evga 780 Ti 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 Corsair force 3  EK Waterblock win 7 ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
qnix evolution II Corsair 860i carbide air 530 mbox gen 3 
  hide details  
Reply
latProd
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4670k maximus hero VI Evga 780 Ti Evga 780 Ti 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 Corsair force 3  EK Waterblock win 7 ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
qnix evolution II Corsair 860i carbide air 530 mbox gen 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9392 of 25891
I'm having this problem that my games don't recognize that I have a 120 Hz monitor after overclocking, and they only have 60 Hz options. I've used the CRU tool and the 120 Hz option is on the top, any suggestions?
post #9393 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeHope View Post

I'm having this problem that my games don't recognize that I have a 120 Hz monitor after overclocking, and they only have 60 Hz options. I've used the CRU tool and the 120 Hz option is on the top, any suggestions?

Nvidia or AMD?
post #9394 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Nvidia or AMD?

GTX 770. 120 Hz is set in the control panel and the browser tests confirm it.
post #9395 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeHope View Post

GTX 770. 120 Hz is set in the control panel and the browser tests confirm it.

Set "preferred refreshrate" is set to "highest available" in the 3D settings menu globally. This will generally force many games to use 120hz(especially if they don't have an internal refresh rate setting).


Edited by Spartan F8 - 11/19/13 at 4:42pm
post #9396 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

Set "preferred refreshrate" is set to "highest available" in the 3D settings menu globally. This will generally force many games to use 120hz(especially if they don't have an internal refresh rate setting).


This setting doesn't exist for me. Do I need to install something for it to appear?

post #9397 of 25891
If you have not re-installed your drivers since you overclocked and put the 120hz refresh in the EDID with CRU then your current driver installation does not read your monitor as supporting anything over 60hz. With that being said the setting would not be there until you re-install your video drivers and the monitor is detected as a 120hz enabled screen. This is because all PC games generally support 60hz so if your monitor is only read as 60hz it does not even show the option as there is no need for it.

Try re-installing the drivers "fully" and then checking the setting again. It should be there afterwards. thumb.gif
post #9398 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeHope View Post

I'm having this problem that my games don't recognize that I have a 120 Hz monitor after overclocking, and they only have 60 Hz options. I've used the CRU tool and the 120 Hz option is on the top, any suggestions?
Make sure GeForce Experience is not installed. It triggers a bug in NVIDIA's driver that affects EDID overrides.
post #9399 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post

Make sure GeForce Experience is not installed. It triggers a bug in NVIDIA's driver that affects EDID overrides.

What you can't use geforce experience with OC qnix monitors so you can't use shadowplay that's a deal breaker...............
post #9400 of 25891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan F8 View Post

If you have not re-installed your drivers since you overclocked and put the 120hz refresh in the EDID with CRU then your current driver installation does not read your monitor as supporting anything over 60hz. With that being said the setting would not be there until you re-install your video drivers and the monitor is detected as a 120hz enabled screen. This is because all PC games generally support 60hz so if your monitor is only read as 60hz it does not even show the option as there is no need for it.

Try re-installing the drivers "fully" and then checking the setting again. It should be there afterwards. thumb.gif

I've done this. Basically fully uninstalled everything from nvidia and used driver sweeper to clean everything, then restarted, then used CRU to add 120 Hz, then another restart, then installed the latest driver, it's still not there sadsmiley.gif Is there something else I should do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post

Make sure GeForce Experience is not installed. It triggers a bug in NVIDIA's driver that affects EDID overrides.

Done this as well. Didn't work sadsmiley.gif
Edited by GiveMeHope - 11/19/13 at 5:45pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club