Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club - Page 962

post #9611 of 25893
I saw that. I won't have funds until a week from Wednesday. Hoping to still score one.
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9612 of 25893
LOL at that name... X-star DP2710LED... is that a zero or an 'O'... ;P Koreans will try any dirty trick in the book haha.

Is there any noticeable improvement in this model over their first ones? Still the standard IPS etc.? The name is getting me hopefull hah. thumb.gif Would people consider this the best option? I'm not going to be overclocking it. I'd rather have HDMI than the ability to overclock, but that's so rare on these monitors...

(+REP given to you guys that help out here cause I've visited this thread often and seen you guys giving a lot of advice.thumb.gif)
Edited by Sannakji - 11/24/13 at 12:21am
post #9613 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannakji View Post

LOL at that name... X-star DP2710LED... is that a zero or an 'O'... ;P Koreans will try any dirty trick in the book haha.

Is there any noticeable improvement in this model over their first ones? Still the standard IPS etc.? The name is getting me hopefull hah. thumb.gif Would people consider this the best option? I'm not going to be overclocking it. I'd rather have HDMI than the ability to overclock, but that's so rare on these monitors...

(+REP given to you guys that help out here cause I've visited this thread often and seen you guys giving a lot of advice.thumb.gif)

The X-Star DP2710 is actually a Samsung PLS panel, and it is a 0 (zero). I personally have this model. It only has 1 input and it Dual link DVI. The QNIX Evolution II is the same panel as the X-Star, the only difference is that you can find a Qnix evolution II in a multi input model. The multi input model does have an Hdmi input along with dual link dvi but from the reviews I have read, that model is not overclockable. The PLS panel is produced by Samsung and it's just there version as the IPS panel is produced by LG.
Edited by The Storm - 11/24/13 at 2:17am
 
Intel Rig
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston hyperx 3k  WD  Crucial M500 Asus dvd rw 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 XSPC RX480 XSPC RX240 XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK GTX 1080ti water block Mcp35x Windows 10 Xstar 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 900D Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM200 Creative Sound Blaster Z M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Intel Rig
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston hyperx 3k  WD  Crucial M500 Asus dvd rw 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 XSPC RX480 XSPC RX240 XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK GTX 1080ti water block Mcp35x Windows 10 Xstar 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 900D Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM200 Creative Sound Blaster Z M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9614 of 25893
Double Pls delete
 
Intel Rig
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston hyperx 3k  WD  Crucial M500 Asus dvd rw 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 XSPC RX480 XSPC RX240 XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK GTX 1080ti water block Mcp35x Windows 10 Xstar 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 900D Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM200 Creative Sound Blaster Z M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Intel Rig
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston hyperx 3k  WD  Crucial M500 Asus dvd rw 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 XSPC RX480 XSPC RX240 XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK GTX 1080ti water block Mcp35x Windows 10 Xstar 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 900D Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM200 Creative Sound Blaster Z M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9615 of 25893
Im going to be ordering one. Im just worried about customs. What happens if customs puts there dirty hands on it.. Does it still get shipped after they are done, or does it sit there till you pay them something.. Anyone have any info on this.. I know my luck is that they would check my package and just thought thought makes me uneasy. I dont want to have to deal with trying to get the damn thing delivered. Its cheap enough where i wouldnt worry to much about warranty or the thing burning out in a year or 2. I do however dont like the thought of dead pixels. Light bleeding is easy enough to kinda fix... The bezel is to thick for my liking too, but hey the price is right.wink.gif

edit: What about the power brick, are they all still 220? Or did they finally make it usa compatible.
Taint3d
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k 4.8 EVGA z97 Classified EVGA 1080 Ti G.Skill 2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill 2400 G. Skill 2400 G. Skill 2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Custom Koolance/EK Watercooler Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 G-Sync @ 100hz Corsair Vengeance K70 EVGA supernova 1300 g2 Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
R.A.T 7 Corepad SoundBlaster Z Philips SPH 9500 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Taint3d
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k 4.8 EVGA z97 Classified EVGA 1080 Ti G.Skill 2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill 2400 G. Skill 2400 G. Skill 2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 850 Evo Custom Koolance/EK Watercooler Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator X34 G-Sync @ 100hz Corsair Vengeance K70 EVGA supernova 1300 g2 Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
R.A.T 7 Corepad SoundBlaster Z Philips SPH 9500 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9616 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taint3dBulge View Post

Im going to be ordering one. Im just worried about customs. What happens if customs puts there dirty hands on it.. Does it still get shipped after they are done, or does it sit there till you pay them something.. Anyone have any info on this.. I know my luck is that they would check my package and just thought thought makes me uneasy. I dont want to have to deal with trying to get the damn thing delivered. Its cheap enough where i wouldnt worry to much about warranty or the thing burning out in a year or 2. I do however dont like the thought of dead pixels. Light bleeding is easy enough to kinda fix... The bezel is to thick for my liking too, but hey the price is right.wink.gif

edit: What about the power brick, are they all still 220? Or did they finally make it usa compatible.
Are you in the U.S? As far as know we have a free trade agreement with Korea, I didn't have any problems with customs. It landed in Anchorage AK, passed customs and was in Indy the next morning. I personally ordered the X-Star from dreamseller and I did not get the pixel perfect model and it arrived pixel perfect and over clocked to 120hz. The power brick comes with an adapter to plug in to 110, but I set that aside and used the standard power cord from a spare psu laying around, I think everyone has those standard 3 pin input power plugs laying around.
Edited by The Storm - 11/24/13 at 2:39am
 
Intel Rig
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston hyperx 3k  WD  Crucial M500 Asus dvd rw 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 XSPC RX480 XSPC RX240 XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK GTX 1080ti water block Mcp35x Windows 10 Xstar 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 900D Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM200 Creative Sound Blaster Z M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Intel Rig
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston hyperx 3k  WD  Crucial M500 Asus dvd rw 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 XSPC RX480 XSPC RX240 XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK GTX 1080ti water block Mcp35x Windows 10 Xstar 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 900D Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM200 Creative Sound Blaster Z M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9617 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Storm View Post

Are you in the U.S? As far as know we have a free trade agreement with Korea, I didn't have any problems with customs. It landed in Anchorage AK, passed customs and was in Indy the next morning. I personally ordered the X-Star from dreamseller and I did not get the pixel perfect model and it arrived pixel perfect and over clocked to 120hz. The power brick comes with an adapter to plug in to 110, but I set that aside and used the standard power cord from a spare pau laying around, I think everyone has those standard 3 pin input power plugs laying around.

I bought mine at radioshack, the power plug, no adapters for me

i went down to 90hz, any higher and the gamme is just to off for me
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-7820HK Kaby Lake @ 4.2Ghz GTX 1070 @ 2Ghz boost @ 9008Mhz Vram 16GB 2x8 DDR4 2133 Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
5TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM Grizzly Conductonaut on GPU and CPU Win 10 Bloatware Free Edition 17.3" 1080p IPS oc'd 100hz GSYNC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9618 of 25893
Just ordered this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261194776123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Can't wait to get hold of it smile.gif

Two 290x will be ok for this res @ 120hz?
New Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-4930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.215v Asus Rampage IV Formula Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133 9-10-10-24, 2T 2x Corsair GS 120gb SSD Windows 8 QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll @ 120hz 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1250W Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
New Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-4930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.215v Asus Rampage IV Formula Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133 9-10-10-24, 2T 2x Corsair GS 120gb SSD Windows 8 QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll @ 120hz 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1250W Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9619 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeking78 View Post

Just ordered this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261194776123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Can't wait to get hold of it smile.gif

Two 290x will be ok for this res @ 120hz?

Haha yeah, that will be a bit overkill. My 7950's overclocked will push mine.
I backed my monitor down to 110hz, and run my cards at 1050/1500. My 4770k will go higher than 4.6 as well, it's just a personal preference but I like to back things down just a notch or 2 that way I always have headroom and not pushing things too hard.
Edited by The Storm - 11/24/13 at 3:01am
 
Intel Rig
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston hyperx 3k  WD  Crucial M500 Asus dvd rw 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 XSPC RX480 XSPC RX240 XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK GTX 1080ti water block Mcp35x Windows 10 Xstar 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 900D Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM200 Creative Sound Blaster Z M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Intel Rig
(24 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 1080ti SC Black Gskill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Kingston hyperx 3k  WD  Crucial M500 Asus dvd rw 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX480 XSPC RX480 XSPC RX240 XSPC EX240 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK GTX 1080ti water block Mcp35x Windows 10 Xstar 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 900D Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM200 Creative Sound Blaster Z M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9620 of 25893
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Storm View Post

Haha yeah, that will be a bit overkill. My 7950's overclocked will push mine.
I backed my monitor down to 110hz, and run my cards at 1050/1500. My 4770k will go higher than 4.6 as well, it's just a personal preference but I like to back things down just a notch or 2 that way I always have headroom and not pushing things too hard.

Thank you smile.gif
New Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-4930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.215v Asus Rampage IV Formula Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133 9-10-10-24, 2T 2x Corsair GS 120gb SSD Windows 8 QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll @ 120hz 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1250W Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
New Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-4930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.215v Asus Rampage IV Formula Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133 9-10-10-24, 2T 2x Corsair GS 120gb SSD Windows 8 QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll @ 120hz 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1250W Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] The Qnix/X-Star 1440p Monitor Club