Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [BSN] The 2013 Nvidia Lineup: GTX780 is Titan LE, GTX770 is GTX680, GTX760Ti is GTX670?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BSN] The 2013 Nvidia Lineup: GTX780 is Titan LE, GTX770 is GTX680, GTX760Ti is GTX670? - Page 35  

post #341 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post

1) How is a GTX 770 - GTX 680/7970 @ $400 dollars easily forgotten? The 7970 does just fine at that price point. It's not like AMD's got anything to come back at with for the next HALF YEAR anyway.

2) Why not launch a GK110 card and price it at $400 dollars? As I said, just how defective does GK110 chip have to have failed to be a Tesla, Titan, gtx 780 chip in that order? I'm saying they probably just don't need to cut down the GK110 anymore than they already have. Hell the GTX 780 would have been a twice failed produt. You're telling me that you want a very leaky chip that has failed all three categories, have up to 1/3 of the entire chip disabled, and throw that in a 770? I'm sorry but at that point, a refined GK104 might overclock and perform better than the crippled GK110.

3) 7970 Ghz does just fine and it is hailed as one of the best investments right now. That's literally just jacking up the speed without any silicon refinements. (the 770 may have refinements and will have 2x the ram) Do you see people complaining about the things you said? Sure maybe. Are they still buying it like hotcakes? Yeah. I don't see how your argument holds.


EDIT: Here's your 680 performance + 15% from overclock http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/04/nvidia_kepler_geforce_gtx_680_overclocking_review/4

Add a Vapor chamber cooler and bump the TDP of the card a bit and you've got the 770. It's almost too easy. Increase the voltage and make a slightly bigger cooler and bam you've got even more headroom.


1) my #3 answer and this is on Nvidia`s side. Kepler and whatever is on AMD`s side are quiet different. If I have to talk about both at the same time, it is a different story for a price/performance figures.

2) As far as I know GTX Titan is based on GK110. According to what you are saying, it should be a failed product... Looking at the benches and consumer reviews, your arguments are proven to be incorrect.

3) Well, with these many downsides I listed only a dummy will buy a card. I would like to see how many people will be mad and upset with a card like this, not only will it break the customer loyalty( or preference) it is also to encourage people move to a competitor. Consequences or future product proof are way more important than trying to sell as much of it as possible and put a dot after it.

There is a way for Gk770 to end up being built on a refined gk104 architecture that falls in between GK110 and GK104. This is a possibility.

Edit: typos
Edited by Regent Square - 4/24/13 at 10:34am
post #342 of 763
a 780 Lightning would be quite fascinating, but I think I will wait for Maxwell.
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
post #343 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

a 780 Lightning would be quite fascinating, but I think I will wait for Maxwell.

Unfortunately, some of us are alreday maxing out the current generation. My peak GPU usage is very close to 100%.
post #344 of 763
Cool, something is happening at last.

Hope we get a gk110 for $500, seems a little early from people dropping a 1000 on a titan so could be more tedious waiting.

I just want to get back to 500 USD for something decent and maybe a full titan can be 650-750 USD
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsOS
i7 930  Asus P6X58D-E MSI GTX 970 Gaming Windows 10 64bit 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsOS
i7 930  Asus P6X58D-E MSI GTX 970 Gaming Windows 10 64bit 
  hide details  
post #345 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSolo View Post

What do you guy's think is the best thing to do. Sell my gtx 670 4gb card now and wait for the gtx 770 or gtx 780 or should i just get another gtx 670 4gb card. When the new cards come out so they will be a bit cheap then the price now for the gtx 670 4gb

Depending on the size of your power supply, I'd personally keep going with what you got until you run into a game that you can't max out or nearly max out, then pick up a 2nd GTX 670. By the time that combination is unbearable, the 800's should be out.

That's typically what I do. Buy a single "top of the line" card, then instead of ditching it when the next generation comes out, I pick up a used 2nd one and skip the next generation. Then I either "repurpose them" (ie the wife gets them) or I sell them.

I plan on getting a single GTX 780 next. This will be an upgrade from my 2 GTX 580's, which I started out with one but picked another up about 14 months after the first. So my wife with get my 580's. Before I got my first GTX 580, I had a pair of ATI 4870x2's. That "Quad Crossfire" was as a result of a second card I purchased a year or two before that. Etc.

Basically, I go large on the PSU so I can skip every other generation.

I do that on CPU's, GPU's and definitely Operating Systems.
post #346 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix777z View Post

hahahah that crap dont get old lol
post #347 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

Depending on the size of your power supply, I'd personally keep going with what you got until you run into a game that you can't max out or nearly max out, then pick up a 2nd GTX 670. By the time that combination is unbearable, the 800's should be out.

That's typically what I do. Buy a single "top of the line" card, then instead of ditching it when the next generation comes out, I pick up a used 2nd one and skip the next generation. Then I either "repurpose them" (ie the wife gets them) or I sell them.

I plan on getting a single GTX 780 next. This will be an upgrade from my 2 GTX 580's, which I started out with one but picked another up about 14 months after the first. So my wife with get my 580's. Before I got my first GTX 580, I had a pair of ATI 4870x2's. That "Quad Crossfire" was as a result of a second card I purchased a year or two before that. Etc.

Basically, I go large on the PSU so I can skip every other generation.

I do that on CPU's, GPU's and definitely Operating Systems.

Thanks for your reply. I have a corsair ax750 psu and am gaming on a 1440p monitor. Might get a 3rd 1440p monitor but not sure yet. I guess i might go with your advice and get another gtx 670 4gb card down the road and wait for the 800 series
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Arcade Rig
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Waiting for new cards Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair H105 Windows 7 Ultimate DELL U2713HM  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard EVGA G2 850W Custom Parvum S2.0 Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
AudioAudio
Yamaha RX-A810 Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series 3 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3470 ASUS P8H77-I Samsung Green DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Crucial M4 64GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7  Cooler Master V450S Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS Maximus V GENE MSI GTX 970 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 16GB 1866MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HGST Ultrastar 2TB Noctua NH-D9L Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
DELL U2713HM  EVGA Supernova G2 550W AvP Hyperion EV33B 2 x Custom Arcade Stick  
  hide details  
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
Arcade Rig
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820K ASRock Fatal1ty X99M Killer Waiting for new cards Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair H105 Windows 7 Ultimate DELL U2713HM  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard EVGA G2 850W Custom Parvum S2.0 Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
AudioAudio
Yamaha RX-A810 Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series 3 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel i5 3470 ASUS P8H77-I Samsung Green DDR3 8GB 1866MHz Crucial M4 64GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  WD Green 3TB  Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7  Cooler Master V450S Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS Maximus V GENE MSI GTX 970 Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 16GB 1866MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HGST Ultrastar 2TB Noctua NH-D9L Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
DELL U2713HM  EVGA Supernova G2 550W AvP Hyperion EV33B 2 x Custom Arcade Stick  
  hide details  
post #348 of 763
Honestly nvidia should drop 7xx card line up and concentrate on maxwell so they can short the time frame in half at least..

Drop the price on titan at least to $699 as 7xx is no faster than titan..

I dont see people rushing to stores to buy 7xx cards when they have a faster contender like a titan..
specially knowing this cards are no good after 1080P resolution for their 60 avg question they would have to link 2...
post #349 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post

Honestly nvidia should drop 7xx card line up and concentrate on maxwell so they can short the time frame in half at least..

Drop the price on titan at least to $699 as 7xxx is no faster than titan..

I dont see people rushing to stores to buy 7xxx cards when they have a faster contender like a titan..

Why drop it, it's done except for designing the boxes.

nVidia has been basically ready to launch the 7xx series for a couple months now. They were basically just waiting for an excuse to launch it. AMD just gave them one, the 7990. Now that AMD has tipped their hand, nVidia will come out with the 7xx series (and as the various articles say, will have plenty of stock from Day 0), and rock the market.

People will buy them up and they will have an easy 12 months or so to CONTINUE to work on Maxwell before the 8000's from AMD pose any real threat to nVidia.

AMD is the one who is behind in the GPU game. nVidia can afford to sit back and refine their products (and drivers) at a leisurely pace.
post #350 of 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead View Post

Why drop it, it's done except for designing the boxes.

nVidia has been basically ready to launch the 7xx series for a couple months now. They were basically just waiting for an excuse to launch it. AMD just gave them one, the 7990. Now that AMD has tipped their hand, nVidia will come out with the 7xx series (and as the various articles say, will have plenty of stock from Day 0), and rock the market.

People will buy them up and they will have an easy 12 months or so to CONTINUE to work on Maxwell before the 8000's from AMD pose any real threat to nVidia.

AMD is the one who is behind in the GPU game. nVidia can afford to sit back and refine their products (and drivers) at a leisurely pace.

thats my point, i dont see the rush to drop 7xx when they can use that time to spare on maxwell..
What they are going to do is force amd to drop their prices on their cards and people will buy those instead..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [BSN] The 2013 Nvidia Lineup: GTX780 is Titan LE, GTX770 is GTX680, GTX760Ti is GTX670?