Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › SVP (Smooth Video Project) Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SVP (Smooth Video Project) Discussion Thread - Page 77

post #761 of 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post

SVP no longer required per se for AMD cards https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18708119

I thought you guys would like to see this. It's relatively new so I'm sure most haven't noticed yet.

It doesn't seem to go higher than 60FPS, but it does appear to be smoother and less hungry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post

I remember playing around with that a couple years ago. It was pretty hit or miss on the videos, and when I could get it to work, I didn't think it was good as SVP. Maybe things have changed since then. Maybe if Vega is good I'll test again.
There is a serious limitation about it. I had a conversation with the Author of Bluesky. The AMD driver only supports 24FPS(5/2x rate) and 30FPS(2x rate).

That means say goodbye to it working on 25FPS and various others. 25FPS is very common. It's why I found it almost broken and I had to report it.
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #762 of 773
PotPlayer's built-in video processing filter needs to be disabled (or conditioned) if madVR is the chosen renderer. Otherwise they will clash, lowering the image quality (slightly).
post #763 of 773
how to save MPVs lower volume smile.gif
post #764 of 773
Got a problem with MS 1703, MPC-HC, SVP4 and Nvidia drivers. SVP4 and MPC-HC works just fine at 60hz., i am able to alt+enter for full screen just fine but as soon as i set a custom rez of 96hz when i hit alt+enter its a black screen. Anyone having anything similar? HDCP problems?
post #765 of 773
Thread Starter 
Not sure what MS 1703 is, but there are a couple ways you can get a black screen. Don't have much time, so I'll just braindump:

Mess with madVR exclusive modes
Try running at a lower refresh rate like 72Hz or something and see if the problem still occurs
Make sure you're using the newest version of Avisynth+
Try restarting your computer after changing refresh rates. Every once in a while, I'll get a ton of dropped frames because madVR is rendering at a composition rate of 30Hz even though my monitor is at 60Hz. Restarting fixes this.
This kinda ties in with the last one, but if you don't restart SVP after changing refresh rates, avisynth will sometimes mess things up since it's thinking you're running at 60Hz still.
post #766 of 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post

Not sure what MS 1703 is, but there are a couple ways you can get a black screen. Don't have much time, so I'll just braindump:

Mess with madVR exclusive modes
Try running at a lower refresh rate like 72Hz or something and see if the problem still occurs
Make sure you're using the newest version of Avisynth+
Try restarting your computer after changing refresh rates. Every once in a while, I'll get a ton of dropped frames because madVR is rendering at a composition rate of 30Hz even though my monitor is at 60Hz. Restarting fixes this.
This kinda ties in with the last one, but if you don't restart SVP after changing refresh rates, avisynth will sometimes mess things up since it's thinking you're running at 60Hz still.
The Creators Update is Windows 10 build 1703. I uninstalled svp4 and MPC works full screen so its some setting. I will try your suggestions and report back.

edit..It was MadVR "enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode". Turn it off and all is well
Edited by dir_d - 4/8/17 at 9:44am
post #767 of 773
Thread Starter 
thumb.gif Glad you got it fixed.

And for anyone still using the guide, I'll be updating it...soon-ish. Been meaning to add in a couple more players and update some things here and there.
post #768 of 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post

thumb.gif Glad you got it fixed.

And for anyone still using the guide, I'll be updating it...soon-ish. Been meaning to add in a couple more players and update some things here and there.

In that case, keep an eye on 2 big upcoming releases:


-MPC-QT (which is actually just a proper GUI for MPV). There are dev builds floating around in the SVP forums.

-Dolby Atmos. Specifically, the headphone part of their (recently released) W10 app which says "coming soon". Should be much better than Dolby Headphone.



EDIT: Also, SVP just got 10-bit support, which means HDR screen users might want to adjust some MadVR settings, or maybe even use a bloom/HDR shader.
Edited by brucethemoose - 4/9/17 at 12:17pm
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #769 of 773
Thread Starter 
MPC-QT: Haven't heard of that one, but I did play around with SMPlayer which uses mpv. I've never been much of a fan of MPV because madVR is unusable with it, but it looks like if folks want to take advantage of 10bit (vapoursynth), then that's the way to go for now.

I have atmos on my phone. Sounds pretty good, but it is less extreme than dolby headphone. For the people using DH, it's like having a setting below the refrence room preset (was it DH1?).

But thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on them. Right now, the plan is to work in Plex, MDPN, SMPlayer, 10bit, and to update a couple things here and there.

edit: lol, it's been over a year since my last edit to the guide tongue.gif Also been about 4 years using SVP. Here's to another 4 drunken.gif
Edited by airisom2 - 4/9/17 at 2:30pm
post #770 of 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post

MPC-QT: Haven't heard of that one, but I did play around with SMPlayer which uses mpv. I've never been much of a fan of MPV because madVR is unusable with it, but it looks like if folks want to take advantage of 10bit (vapoursynth), then that's the way to go for now.

I have atmos on my phone. Sounds pretty good, but it is less extreme than dolby headphone. For the people using DH, it's like having a setting below the refrence room preset (was it DH1?).

But thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on them. Right now, the plan is to work in Plex, MDPN, SMPlayer, 10bit, and to update a couple things here and there.

edit: lol, it's been over a year since my last edit to the guide tongue.gif


MPV actually has almost everything MadVR and ReClock has. It's just all hidden, and has to be enabled in a text file:

https://mpv.io/manual/master/

Unlike SMPlayer, MPC-QT will actually expose those options in a GUI.

With 720p+ content, I prefer MPV because it's ~20% faster with SVP (thanks to the aforementioned VapourSynth).





I fogot we could get Atmos on Android, thanks for reminding me biggrin.gif.
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › SVP (Smooth Video Project) Discussion Thread