Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Guide] Budget, Mid range and High end Heatsink choice Price/Performance
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Guide] Budget, Mid range and High end Heatsink choice Price/Performance - Page 11

post #101 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

Try Delidding your cpu, because it has a bit bad TIM under the DIE and it has a spacing between the TIM and the IHS which doesnt make a good transfer of the heat.

if you dont want to delid, just dont OC too far or get a better cooling like an used corsair h100

I know that, but delid it seems very risky and if I damage my processor I don't have money to buy another, I'm looking for information about the Megahalems, if the difference regarding Noctua is not to high, maybe I'll buy that, but bought the NH-U14s...

PS: I prefer air cooling system...
Edited by jazh23 - 3/5/14 at 4:49am
post #102 of 133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazh23 View Post

I know that, but delid it seems very risky and if I damage my processor I don't have money to buy another, I'm looking for information about the Megahalems, if the difference regarding Noctua is not to high, maybe I'll buy that, but bought the NH-U14s...
a heatsink wont make a difference if you neex high voltages to run 4.5 or more but always you can be sure overclocking now,and then decide whether you need a better heatsink or just delidding.as you know here each dollar counts and if the heatsink wont make a huge difference due to the poor heat transfer then delidding is a bit risky burlt cheaper
post #103 of 133
How about the Scythe ashura Shadow? looks great, but I can't find a good review to compare it...

This is the Scythe Ashura (no Shadow version):


Edited by jazh23 - 3/5/14 at 11:41am
post #104 of 133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazh23 View Post

How about the Scythe ashura Shadow? looks great, but I can't find a good review to compare it...

This is the Scythe Ashura (no Shadow version):

a scythe mine 2,,just 56usd on amazon, you get almost nh d14 performance
post #105 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazh23 View Post

How about the Scythe ashura Shadow? looks great, but I can't find a good review to compare it...

This is the Scythe Ashura (no Shadow version):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ashura Shadow is a dark nickel plated version of the vanilla Ashura. Structurally they are identical except for the metal finish color. Cooling is not quite as good as PH-TC14PE, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, NH-D14 and other top coolers.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/best-heat-sink-haswell,review-32733-22.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Scythe/Ashura/6.html
Edited by doyll - 3/6/14 at 4:52am
post #106 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Ashura Shadow is a dark nickel plated version of the vanilla Ashura. Structurally they are identical except for the metal finish color. Cooling is not quite as good as PH-TC14PE, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, NH-D14 and other top coolers.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/best-heat-sink-haswell,review-32733-22.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Scythe/Ashura/6.html

From that review, the best I can afford are the Noctua NH-U14s and Archon SB-E X2, it seems that those with the most ugly colour scheme, work better.

Now I'm among the Macho Rev. A, Noctua NH-U14S and Archon SB-E X2, Thanks...
post #107 of 133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazh23 View Post

From that review, the best I can afford are the Noctua NH-U14s and Archon SB-E X2, it seems that those with the most ugly colour scheme, work better.

Now I'm among the Macho Rev. A, Noctua NH-U14S and Archon SB-E X2, Thanks...
ok.the sccythe mine 2 is just 56usd and performs as good as those

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W56B66?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
post #108 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazh23 View Post


From that review, the best I can afford are the Noctua NH-U14s and Archon SB-E X2, it seems that those with the most ugly colour scheme, work better.

Now I'm among the Macho Rev. A, Noctua NH-U14S and Archon SB-E X2, Thanks...
Those that perform don't need looks to sell. biggrin.gif

How much time do you spend looking at the inside of your case and how much time do you spends using it?

Would you rather brag about how your system perfroms or brag about how it looks? wink.gif
post #109 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

ok.the sccythe mine 2 is just 56usd and performs as good as those

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W56B66?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Too heavy, too big, I prefer a single tower, but thanks...
post #110 of 133
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazh23 View Post

Too heavy, too big, I prefer a single tower, but thanks...
Heavy?
Nh u14s with 1 fan =935gr
Archon Sb-e x2=1100gr
Macho hr 02=870gr
Mine 2 with 1 fan =1150gr

Then your best be is the mine 2 or macho hr 02.price/performance wise
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › [Guide] Budget, Mid range and High end Heatsink choice Price/Performance