Set myself a list of things that I wanted to get done, basically wanted to finish all cutting work, needless to say I haven't
However I have finished everything apart from the custom IO shield which can be done while I am waiting for paint to dry next week. Speaking of paint I did the first coat on the side panel, which looks OK, I didn't let the paint warm up enough before hand so it is a bit rough, when I next go in on Monday I will give it a light sand and then give it another couple of coats and then it should look good!
Managed to get a lot of cutting done today though, cut all the cable management holes and filed and sanded them, started off drilling a grid of pilot holes then using the pilot holes I drilled 8mm holes then used a round file to cut them out. Also went over the bottom rad mount with wet and dry as I never got round to doing that first time round. Finally I finished up the prepping for the new IO shield, I have removed all of the original up to and including the lip around it so the new plate can sit flush, also removed the first PCI slot so that the IO shield will fit (shift everything down by one slot). Also managed to remove the apple logos from the side panels for painting, there is a small hole in the back of the side panel through which you can push a small screw driver until the front lifts up. Then slide a flat head screwdriver under the lifted logo, you will need a few screwdrivers and just keep using one to lift and then another to shove further until it finally pops off, they are held on with very strong adhesive, as is everything in this computer, not even acetone could get rid of it so I have scrubbed off the worst of it and left the rest as it will be hidden behind the logo anyway!