Originally Posted by 5entinel
So I have been hearing a lot of fear mongering about this game not being so called "true to the franchise but those people are wrong! Yes, there are flaws in this game but this game is a significant improvement from the crappy predecessor PC gamers got. Convictions looked really,really bad on PC and it also ran worse.This however, runs pretty decent and looks much better than its predecessor.
Here are what I think the positives and negatives for this game are
- Fantastic Graphics. Game looks really good for a splinter cell game on PC
- This game is true to the franchise - stealth is available. . Yes it's a little fast paced but within the parameters of being a stealth game.
- AI are smarter but there is a catch
- Cool gadgets that will be fun to unlock which means replayability.
- Customizable Keys - Plays great with a keyboard and mouse
- Adjustable graphical settings.
- Like the story so far.
- AI are inconsistent, a little dumb(too dumb at times) but also very aggressive when you get spotted. The aggressive part is probably not a bad thing though but I would like some consistencies.
- Sometimes the game forces you to change your playing style which really annoys me. Why should I be forced to go from ghost to go into assault mode? It really doesn't make any sense. This is my only gripe about the game.
- Working for the government you would think that you would have access to unlimited gear and gadget and wouldn't be forced to buy gear but oh well,I guess that means you would have replayability.
This game is really nice.
I agree for the most part. I'm only at the abandoned mill so far, so I'm not very far into it. I think the dogs are a stroke of genius and strike terror into my heart whenever I hear one nearby! I also like the tri-motor as well. The tri-rotor seems to be quite close to the one in GR:FS and it's a definite win for me! I'm also enjoying the AI quite a lot more than Conviction & DA. They can be quite dumb but they also search the most inconveient places (ie. where I'm hiding) and they do interesting 'random' things too. I don't mind the whole 'cash' system so much since there's always an element of unlocking stuff in a lot of games albeit with XP rank or whatever. Also, he graphics look great too and I've had zero issues with lag/corruption/crashes etc., so far and the whole experience has been very smooth and nice looking for me!
I'm not enjoying the controls much. I really struggled to customise them into something that I was happy with and I'm still not quite there in terms of the controls feeling 'natural' for me. I intensely dislike two-speed Fisher and I think the whole gadget wheel idea (tab default) is completely unnecessary. I also dislike the 'action' sequences (defend Cobin etc.), and felt they completely ruined my effort to ghost the rest of the map. I don't mind the principle of those whole 'scripted' action scenes but I find them frustratning when they nerf my ghost score!
With that said, I do like this game though. I think there's a lot of replayablity and this game is prabably gonna end up in my favourite list. In terms of Ubisoft listening to the players and catering to the more 'traditional' SC players, I think they've done well. I've been exploring as I go but I think there's literally hours of fun to be had finding alternative routes or methods of entry etc., All in all, I think this a cool game, not an a amazing game, but it's close enough for government work!