Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Yet Another ROG [Build Log], Custom Phantom 820, ASUS MVE, Water Coooler 7950's and 3770k
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yet Another ROG [Build Log], Custom Phantom 820, ASUS MVE, Water Coooler 7950's and 3770k - Page 23

post #221 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

How odd, I got better ram oc with it. Core is the same...

Hmm I haven't tried bringing the RAM OC further. Ill try that tonight.
post #222 of 313
You can probably do 1600-1700 stable with 1.65v
post #223 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

You can probably do 1600-1700 stable with 1.65v

I'll try that right now! BTW you deserve some REP. Congrats on your 4900 post anniversary. You deserve more than two flames!!
post #224 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

I'll try that right now! BTW you deserve some REP. Congrats on your 4900 post anniversary. You deserve more than two flames!!

Thanks! biggrin.gif
Didn't even notice...how did your mem played?
I'm getting a 1x-1x riser soon me thinks...I need it for dual gpu crunching.
post #225 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Thanks! biggrin.gif
Didn't even notice...how did your mem played?
I'm getting a 1x-1x riser soon me thinks...I need it for dual gpu crunching.

Not well at all man. This Sapphire is seriously holding me back. I can't change it's voltage through afterburner so it's just sucking. I actually have some Prolimatech MK-26's Black Editions coming in that I'm going to use until I get GPU water blocks. They are HUGE, but effective. I have heard nothing but good things about them. I'm going to be running crossfire like 4 slots away biggrin.gif I'm really liking this Prolimatech stuff. Definetly an awesome company. Going to make a review vid of that. It's going to be EPIC biggrin.gif

Yea I've actually been looking at those risers. Pretty interesting stuff!
post #226 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Not well at all man. This Sapphire is seriously holding me back. I can't change it's voltage through afterburner so it's just sucking. I actually have some Prolimatech MK-26's Black Editions coming in that I'm going to use until I get GPU water blocks. They are HUGE, but effective. I have heard nothing but good things about them. I'm going to be running crossfire like 4 slots away biggrin.gif I'm really liking this Prolimatech stuff. Definetly an awesome company. Going to make a review vid of that. It's going to be EPIC biggrin.gif

Yea I've actually been looking at those risers. Pretty interesting stuff!

you should try the modded Sapphire Trixx 4.40b driver (linky to the mod)

though i think that you'd need to search for the driver itself, it's a bit difficult since it isn't on Sapphire's official driver page. (but some googling can help)
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #227 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKTGX95 View Post

you should try the modded Sapphire Trixx 4.40b driver (linky to the mod)

though i think that you'd need to search for the driver itself, it's a bit difficult since it isn't on Sapphire's official driver page. (but some googling can help)

Thanks for the link isn't it not good to overclock with both Trixx and Afterburner at the same time? Should I un-sync the cards??
post #228 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Thanks for the link isn't it not good to overclock with both Trixx and Afterburner at the same time? Should I un-sync the cards??

Use trixx for both?

Give it a shot...
post #229 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Use trixx for both?

Give it a shot...

Yea that didn't work out good at all lol, but I did end up uninstalling AB and my drivers and then re-installing the drivers and then installing the latest non-beta version of AB and I played around with REGEDIT a little bit and got some good results. Now I can change my memory voltage on the Sapphire, but I still can't change the core for it. Just the MSI. Anyways, I was able to squeeze 10 more fps of Valley so now I'll be #50 on the top dual cards setup.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1360884/official-top-30-unigine-valley-benchmark-1-0-fill-the-form/0_30

For that bench I ran 1.25v core / 1.6v memory and clock speeds of 1165/1625. This may have fixed my "having to lower OC because of new driver" problem. I'm going to play some Bioshock just to be certain, but it did last ten minutes in Valley. I can't wait to get my MK-26 black editions for my babies. They are going to look so aggressive!
post #230 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavageTheEarth View Post

Yea that didn't work out good at all lol, but I did end up uninstalling AB and my drivers and then re-installing the drivers and then installing the latest non-beta version of AB and I played around with REGEDIT a little bit and got some good results. Now I can change my memory voltage on the Sapphire, but I still can't change the core for it. Just the MSI. Anyways, I was able to squeeze 10 more fps of Valley so now I'll be #50 on the top dual cards setup.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1360884/official-top-30-unigine-valley-benchmark-1-0-fill-the-form/0_30

For that bench I ran 1.25v core / 1.6v memory and clock speeds of 1165/1625. This may have fixed my "having to lower OC because of new driver" problem. I'm going to play some Bioshock just to be certain, but it did last ten minutes in Valley. I can't wait to get my MK-26 black editions for my babies. They are going to look so aggressive!

maybe you should consider flicking the BIOS switch to 2 and flashing to a different BIOS that might unlock core voltage (properly) ?
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Yet Another ROG [Build Log], Custom Phantom 820, ASUS MVE, Water Coooler 7950's and 3770k