Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › Case Labs Pre-Sales › Magnum STH10 Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Magnum STH10 Questions

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I am getting ready to order the Magnum STH10 but have a few questions.

1. Will the MAC-211 140.4 Radiator Side Mount fit in side of the top section?

2. Can the power/reset panel be mounted upside down? The lower those buttons are, the easier it is for me to reach. Looking at the assembly instructions I couldn't se any reason it couldn't be inverted.

3. Are there any options for installing hard drives (standard and SSD) in the very bottom or top sections of this case. I like the idea of the way they can be hidden behind the back plate, but I have concerns with airflow/heat back there. I would prefer to have them in the very bottom or top so they will still be out of sight but get plenty of air circulation.

Thank you
Bob
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB G.Skill RipJaws X Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Plextor PX-755SA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 Acer Predator XB270HU 27" Creative Fatal1ty Eluminx Antec HCP 1200 
CaseMouse
Caselabs Magnum STH10 Kensington Expert Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB G.Skill RipJaws X Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Plextor PX-755SA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 Acer Predator XB270HU 27" Creative Fatal1ty Eluminx Antec HCP 1200 
CaseMouse
Caselabs Magnum STH10 Kensington Expert Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob422 View Post

I am getting ready to order the Magnum STH10 but have a few questions.

1. Will the MAC-211 140.4 Radiator Side Mount fit in side of the top section?

2. Can the power/reset panel be mounted upside down? The lower those buttons are, the easier it is for me to reach. Looking at the assembly instructions I couldn't se any reason it couldn't be inverted.

3. Are there any options for installing hard drives (standard and SSD) in the very bottom or top sections of this case. I like the idea of the way they can be hidden behind the back plate, but I have concerns with airflow/heat back there. I would prefer to have them in the very bottom or top so they will still be out of sight but get plenty of air circulation.

Thank you
Bob

1. Yes, the MAC-211 fit in the top or bottom chamber

2. Unfortunately no....it will interfere with the 3.5" device cage. But if you decide not to use any 3.5" device, you could remove the cage and then reverse the switch plate.

3. It depends on what kind of radiator setup you would have because you could use a HDD Cage Assy - Flex-Bay (MAC-102) at the top or bottom spot of the Flex-bays but if you plan on having let say 4 560mm radiators in the chambers then you could not put a MAC-102....but you could use the same MAC-102 at the mid-level but it also depends on what you have in mind in terms of 5.25 bay devices.

Hope it helps thumb.gif
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira749 View Post

1. Yes, the MAC-211 fit in the top or bottom chamber

2. Unfortunately no....it will interfere with the 3.5" device cage. But if you decide not to use any 3.5" device, you could remove the cage and then reverse the switch plate.

3. It depends on what kind of radiator setup you would have because you could use a HDD Cage Assy - Flex-Bay (MAC-102) at the top or bottom spot of the Flex-bays but if you plan on having let say 4 560mm radiators in the chambers then you could not put a MAC-102....but you could use the same MAC-102 at the mid-level but it also depends on what you have in mind in terms of 5.25 bay devices.

Hope it helps thumb.gif

Thanks for jumping in thumb.gif but I should point out that the 140.4 mount will not fit in the upper compartment without modification. It can be done, but a little work needs to be done and the "drop-in" feature may or may not work depending on the radiator wink.gif
Zeus (X99)
(15 items)
 
Green Hornet
(16 items)
 
Toxic
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-5930K EVGA X99 Classified EVGA SC GTX980Ti x 3 Crucial Ballistix 2400 MHz DDR4 (64GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung PCI M.2 (512GB) Seagate Enterprise HDD (4TB x 8) LG Blu-ray EK Blocks, Pumps and rervoirs 
CoolingCoolingMonitorPower
Hardware Labs GTX 480 Hardware Labs GTX 560 Dell U3011 30" IPS Display x 2 EVGA 1600 Watt 
CaseOtherOther
CaseLabs SMA8 LSI RAID Controller Software: Solidworks, Cinema4D, Octane Render, ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-6700K ASUS Maximus Gene VIII mATX Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070 Mini Crucual Ballistix 2400MHz DDR (64 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung V-NAND 950 Pro SSD - 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (RAID 1) Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (RAID 1) Seagate 2TB Enterprise HDD 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NH-D9L Low Profile CPU Cooler Gelid Solutions WING 12 UV 120mm Case Fan (2X) Windows 10 Pro ACER Curved 34" Ultrawide 21:9 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Silverstone 600 SFX GOLD Modular PSU CaseLabs Bullet BH4 (Lime) MOD-ONE Black Double-G Case Feet Darkside UV LED Case Lighting 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-4770K ASUS Maximus VI Impact EVGA Titan GSkill 16 GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung SSD 512MB 840 x 2 (RAID 0) EK Blocks, 280 x 60mm (2)  Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit CaseLabs Mercury S3 & Pedestal 
  hide details  
Reply
Zeus (X99)
(15 items)
 
Green Hornet
(16 items)
 
Toxic
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-5930K EVGA X99 Classified EVGA SC GTX980Ti x 3 Crucial Ballistix 2400 MHz DDR4 (64GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung PCI M.2 (512GB) Seagate Enterprise HDD (4TB x 8) LG Blu-ray EK Blocks, Pumps and rervoirs 
CoolingCoolingMonitorPower
Hardware Labs GTX 480 Hardware Labs GTX 560 Dell U3011 30" IPS Display x 2 EVGA 1600 Watt 
CaseOtherOther
CaseLabs SMA8 LSI RAID Controller Software: Solidworks, Cinema4D, Octane Render, ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-6700K ASUS Maximus Gene VIII mATX Gigabyte GeForce GTX1070 Mini Crucual Ballistix 2400MHz DDR (64 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung V-NAND 950 Pro SSD - 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (RAID 1) Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (RAID 1) Seagate 2TB Enterprise HDD 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua NH-D9L Low Profile CPU Cooler Gelid Solutions WING 12 UV 120mm Case Fan (2X) Windows 10 Pro ACER Curved 34" Ultrawide 21:9 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Silverstone 600 SFX GOLD Modular PSU CaseLabs Bullet BH4 (Lime) MOD-ONE Black Double-G Case Feet Darkside UV LED Case Lighting 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-4770K ASUS Maximus VI Impact EVGA Titan GSkill 16 GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSCase
Samsung SSD 512MB 840 x 2 (RAID 0) EK Blocks, 280 x 60mm (2)  Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit CaseLabs Mercury S3 & Pedestal 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Labs View Post

Thanks for jumping in thumb.gif but I should point out that the 140.4 mount will not fit in the upper compartment without modification. It can be done, but a little work needs to be done and the "drop-in" feature may or may not work depending on the radiator wink.gif

Thank you both for the quick response. I will play it safe and get the 120.4 side mount for the top section.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB G.Skill RipJaws X Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Plextor PX-755SA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 Acer Predator XB270HU 27" Creative Fatal1ty Eluminx Antec HCP 1200 
CaseMouse
Caselabs Magnum STH10 Kensington Expert Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB G.Skill RipJaws X Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Plextor PX-755SA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 Acer Predator XB270HU 27" Creative Fatal1ty Eluminx Antec HCP 1200 
CaseMouse
Caselabs Magnum STH10 Kensington Expert Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Labs View Post

Thanks for jumping in thumb.gif but I should point out that the 140.4 mount will not fit in the upper compartment without modification. It can be done, but a little work needs to be done and the "drop-in" feature may or may not work depending on the radiator wink.gif

My pleasure and I didn't know that the upper and lower chambers were different in terms of size but now that I look at the specs with a good eye I see that there's an inch difference in height...my bad wink.gif
Edited by akira749 - 5/3/13 at 2:58pm
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Watcher
(9 items)
 
Eclipse
(7 items)
 
Lady Sif
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7-6800K Asus Rampage V Edition X99 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING Asus GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING 
RAMCoolingOSPower
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 EK Custom Dual Loop Windows 10 Home Corsair AX860i 860W 80PLUS Platinum 
Case
be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-6700K Gigabyte Z170X-SOC Force Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 
RAMPowerCase
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-... EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200w Parvum L1.0 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K EVGA Z97 Stinger WiFi EVGA GTX 980 Superclock G. Skill Ripjaws Z 8Gb DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveCase
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB SSD EK-Vulture 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
I have another question before I order next week. What is the distance from the floor/table to the center of the power switch with the rubber feet attached? I know this seems like a silly question, but my case has to be on my computer table so I can reach the power/reset buttons from my wheelchair. I have some ideas on how to turn a single 5 1/4 flexbay cover plate into an I/O panel with Power, Reset and a Silverstone USB 2.0/HD Audio bay device FP32. That way I can mount it in any 5 1/4 bay I want, just like my old CoolerMaster CM Stacker case.

Bob
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB G.Skill RipJaws X Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Plextor PX-755SA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 Acer Predator XB270HU 27" Creative Fatal1ty Eluminx Antec HCP 1200 
CaseMouse
Caselabs Magnum STH10 Kensington Expert Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB G.Skill RipJaws X Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Plextor PX-755SA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 Acer Predator XB270HU 27" Creative Fatal1ty Eluminx Antec HCP 1200 
CaseMouse
Caselabs Magnum STH10 Kensington Expert Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob422 View Post

I have another question before I order next week. What is the distance from the floor/table to the center of the power switch with the rubber feet attached? I know this seems like a silly question, but my case has to be on my computer table so I can reach the power/reset buttons from my wheelchair.

19 1/8''
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob422 View Post

I have some ideas on how to turn a single 5 1/4 flexbay cover plate into an I/O panel with Power, Reset and a Silverstone USB 2.0/HD Audio bay device FP32. That way I can mount it in any 5 1/4 bay I want, just like my old CoolerMaster CM Stacker case.

Bob

There is also the 3.5'' bay adapter and you may even be able to drill some holes on either side of the 3.5'' opening for some switches biggrin.gif
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_CL View Post

19 1/8''
There is also the 3.5'' bay adapter and you may even be able to drill some holes on either side of the 3.5'' opening for some switches biggrin.gif

Wow! 19 1/8" is waaaay up there...lol. The MAC-151 Flex-Bay 3.5" Bay Device Adapter you mentioned was actually my first idea a few days ago but it so difficult to tell how much usable space is available on either side of the opening. Basic math says it should be .875". I doubt that is enough room for the Switches that come with the case, but I haven't found hole sizes required for those yet. It would be the easiest and least expensive way to go for sure. I'll do some research on those switches and any others I can find. I definitely have to come up with something because 19 1/8" is at least 4-5 inches out of reach for me.

Thanks for the help Kevin,

Bob
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB G.Skill RipJaws X Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Plextor PX-755SA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 Acer Predator XB270HU 27" Creative Fatal1ty Eluminx Antec HCP 1200 
CaseMouse
Caselabs Magnum STH10 Kensington Expert Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Extreme EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper EVGA GTX 780 Hydrocopper 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB G.Skill RipJaws X Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB Plextor PX-755SA 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64 Acer Predator XB270HU 27" Creative Fatal1ty Eluminx Antec HCP 1200 
CaseMouse
Caselabs Magnum STH10 Kensington Expert Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 16
I hope you dont mind if I ask some questions about the case in a thread you started Bob422.

I'm wondering if there would be enough space under radiators if I used 120.4 Radiator side mounts in the top and at the bottom compartments to draw tubing under or over the radiators so I would not need to have the tubing between the radiators?

The space for radiators at the top and bottom compartments are 217mm across right? So lets say I use 2 EK XTX 480 rads that are 64mm thick. And then 38mm fans on the inside of the rads. 217mm-64mm-64mm-38mm-38mm = 13mm. So I would get a cap of 13mm (reason for the previous question). My question now is would fans mounted on the midplates do any good with a cap that small?

And would it be possible to mount the fans in the top compartment or would the three fans need to be mounted on the MB side of the midplate? Would it work on the bottom rad compartment which is higher but not on the shorter top rad compartment?

I'm just trying to get a grips on the different solutions I could use, I know some ideas are bonkers tongue.gif
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenrikph View Post

I hope you dont mind if I ask some questions about the case in a thread you started Bob422.

I'm wondering if there would be enough space under radiators if I used 120.4 Radiator side mounts in the top and at the bottom compartments to draw tubing under or over the radiators so I would not need to have the tubing between the radiators?

The space for radiators at the top and bottom compartments are 217mm across right? So lets say I use 2 EK XTX 480 rads that are 64mm thick. And then 38mm fans on the inside of the rads. 217mm-64mm-64mm-38mm-38mm = 13mm. So I would get a cap of 13mm (reason for the previous question). My question now is would fans mounted on the midplates do any good with a cap that small?

And would it be possible to mount the fans in the top compartment or would the three fans need to be mounted on the MB side of the midplate? Would it work on the bottom rad compartment which is higher but not on the shorter top rad compartment?

I'm just trying to get a grips on the different solutions I could use, I know some ideas are bonkers tongue.gif

I would not recommend this because the 38mm fans will be counterproductive so close together (too much turbulence). If you mount the 480s in the bottom chamber, then yes, you could mount the tubing either above or below. The top chamber.... maybe above, but probably not below. I would want to try it first. But again, this configuration really would be counterproductive.
Edited by Kevin_CL - 1/8/14 at 4:35pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Labs Pre-Sales
Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › Case Labs Pre-Sales › Magnum STH10 Questions