Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Alienware Alienware™ Aurora™ R4.. Upgrading Video Cards to GTX-780 SLI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alienware Alienware™ Aurora™ R4.. Upgrading Video Cards to GTX-780 SLI - Page 10

post #91 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsusFan30 View Post

Yes it is the NZXT Sentry 2. I have read about people having the same issue.

Wow, I had that fan controller in my system. I eventually replaced the mobo to a Maximus V Formula and the built in software replaced this unit. Thank goodness I took this thing out. I'm sure this is a random event but it would really suck to lose my system because of this thing exploding mad.gif
ROG Folder/Gamer
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K OC to 4.4 @ 1.20 V Asus Maximus V Formula Socket 1155 Intel Z77 Ch... ASUS (HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2) AMD Radeon HD 7870 2G... Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue 16GB (4x4GB)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vector 256GB SATA 6GB/s 2.5" Solid State Dr... Seagate Barracuda (ST2000DM001) SATA3 6.0Gb/s 2... Seagate Barracuda (ST2000DM001) SATA3 6.0Gb/s 2... Seagate MomentusXT 500GB 7200 RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 3D BD Writer with software (WH14NS40 BDXL) Corsair H80i Windows 8 Pro w/ Media Center Sony 46NX710 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 Corsair AX 860i 80 Plus Platinum PSU Zalman Z11 Plus High Performance Mid Tower Case... Logitech M570 
AudioOther
ROG SupremeFX IV Arctic Silver 5 3.5g 
  hide details  
Reply
ROG Folder/Gamer
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K OC to 4.4 @ 1.20 V Asus Maximus V Formula Socket 1155 Intel Z77 Ch... ASUS (HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2) AMD Radeon HD 7870 2G... Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue 16GB (4x4GB)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vector 256GB SATA 6GB/s 2.5" Solid State Dr... Seagate Barracuda (ST2000DM001) SATA3 6.0Gb/s 2... Seagate Barracuda (ST2000DM001) SATA3 6.0Gb/s 2... Seagate MomentusXT 500GB 7200 RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 3D BD Writer with software (WH14NS40 BDXL) Corsair H80i Windows 8 Pro w/ Media Center Sony 46NX710 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 Corsair AX 860i 80 Plus Platinum PSU Zalman Z11 Plus High Performance Mid Tower Case... Logitech M570 
AudioOther
ROG SupremeFX IV Arctic Silver 5 3.5g 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 207
Could we bring back some sanity in this thread please? If you don't want to help AsusFan30, then it is kindly requested that you please leave this thread. If I see another rude comment from anyone, I'll start handing out infractions.
post #93 of 207
Thread Starter 
Thank you Sir or Ma'am.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700Hq MSI GTX 1060 Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 10 Home Edition 120Hz 5ms Steel Series 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOS
Intel Iris Graphics 4 GB DDR3L 128 GB Mac OS X Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700Hq MSI GTX 1060 Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 10 Home Edition 120Hz 5ms Steel Series 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOS
Intel Iris Graphics 4 GB DDR3L 128 GB Mac OS X Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
post #94 of 207
Grats on your new rig!

I just wanna know if NZXT is going to do anything about it.
post #95 of 207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainesaw View Post

Grats on your new rig!

I just wanna know if NZXT is going to do anything about it.

Yes. I received an e-mail from a REP and they are sending me a prepaid shipping label. They want me to send the Fan Controller into them so they can start a "investigation".
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700Hq MSI GTX 1060 Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 10 Home Edition 120Hz 5ms Steel Series 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOS
Intel Iris Graphics 4 GB DDR3L 128 GB Mac OS X Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700Hq MSI GTX 1060 Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 10 Home Edition 120Hz 5ms Steel Series 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOS
Intel Iris Graphics 4 GB DDR3L 128 GB Mac OS X Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsusFan30 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainesaw View Post

Grats on your new rig!

I just wanna know if NZXT is going to do anything about it.

Yes. I received an e-mail from a REP and they are sending me a prepaid shipping label. They want me to send the Fan Controller into them so they can start a "investigation".

Good! smile.gif. I hope you get monetary compensation for what happened to your rig. Oh it's sir btw tongue.gif
post #97 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5entinel View Post

Good! smile.gif. I hope you get monetary compensation for what happened to your rig. Oh it's sir btw tongue.gif

Its good to see they are taking the potential for a fire hazard seriously.
   
Work Rig
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6850K 4.5 GHz  ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA2011-V3  Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB 3000MHz HyperX Savage DDR4  Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD  Samsung 256GB SM951 M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x 4 (PE246... WD 3TB Black SATA 6Gbs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SP-B Fits 5.25" Bay allo... LG WH14NS40 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU - Corsair Hydro H110  GPU x 2 - Nzxt G-10 x 2 + Corsair H-90 x 2  Lamptron FC-5 V2 Fan Controller 4 Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Fans on the radia... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit LINUX KXStudio AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor BENQ GW2250 +1 Monitor Easymountlcd Triple Monitor Stand (002-0019) Homemade Extension and vesa mount for +1 Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Top - CM Storm QuickFire TK (Red) Bottom - CM ... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 - 80 Plus Gold Corsair Carbide Series 400R Cooler Master Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Top of the Desk TUF Onboard Audio Cyber Acoustics Platinum CA-3550 Logitech H390 Headset 
OtherOtherOtherOther
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter/400 upto 800 Mbp... Tripp Lite Isobar Supressor CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt Pure Sinewave UPS Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 
Other
upHere (3.5 inch Bay)Multi Function Card Reader... 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Work Rig
(22 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-6850K 4.5 GHz  ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99 LGA2011-V3  Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core Asus STRIX GTX 980 ~1600 Core 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
32GB 3000MHz HyperX Savage DDR4  Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD  Samsung 256GB SM951 M.2 SSD PCIe 3.0 x 4 (PE246... WD 3TB Black SATA 6Gbs 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 WD 4TB Red in RAID 1 ICY DOCK DuoSwap MB971SP-B Fits 5.25" Bay allo... LG WH14NS40 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CPU - Corsair Hydro H110  GPU x 2 - Nzxt G-10 x 2 + Corsair H-90 x 2  Lamptron FC-5 V2 Fan Controller 4 Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Fans on the radia... 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit LINUX KXStudio AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
AOC i2769Vm 27-Inch Screen IPS Monitor BENQ GW2250 +1 Monitor Easymountlcd Triple Monitor Stand (002-0019) Homemade Extension and vesa mount for +1 Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Top - CM Storm QuickFire TK (Red) Bottom - CM ... EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 - 80 Plus Gold Corsair Carbide Series 400R Cooler Master Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Top of the Desk TUF Onboard Audio Cyber Acoustics Platinum CA-3550 Logitech H390 Headset 
OtherOtherOtherOther
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter/400 upto 800 Mbp... Tripp Lite Isobar Supressor CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD 900 Watt Pure Sinewave UPS Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick 
Other
upHere (3.5 inch Bay)Multi Function Card Reader... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #98 of 207
Thread Starter 
I must say that Alienware have changed their ways.. I think they have went back to the roots of making quality gaming PC's. I was very sketchy about getting this because I have read a few bad reviews about the PC. I can honestly say that I have been impressed from the time I opened the box up. The packaging was great! This computer did not have any scratches on it or any marks on the outside of the case. The first thing I did before I even turned it on was add my 32GB Corsair XM3 RAM, GTX-580 Classified 3GB video Card, 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, and added a 120MM Fan to the Liquid CPU Cooler for a push-pull configuration. As I unlocked the side of the case, opened it up, the case was glowing with a lights. These lights run on a battery pack when you take the side of the case off. I made sure there were no loose wires as this PC traveled from America to Japan. I decided it was time to hook this bad boy up and give it it's first boot. I hit the power button...and well...NOTHING BUT 5 STEADY BEEPS. I realized that I did not connect all the video card cables because I was soooo excited to get this going. I plugged them in and booted it right up. I went through the windows 7 set up process, and updated windows. I restarted and went into the BIOS and overclocked the CPU to 4.5GHZ with no problems. (Thinking about pushing it to 5GHZ..Why you ask? Because I can). I installed intel extreme utility, EVGA Precision, and Prime 95. I ran prime 95 for about 1 hour and the CPU temps were good, and stable. I noticed that the Fins on the top of the PC would open and close as the temp changed inside the case. The case has 4 temp sensors placed in very good locations. The fans would spin up and needed and slow right back down when the temp that I chose as a target temp was reached. The blu-ray player works great, and the pc came with Cyberlink Powerdvd 3D. This goes great with my 3D monitor. I have used the SD card reader and that is fully functional. This case has amazing lighting and has several lighting zones to change the Color of. The build quality is about as good as the PC that I bought from OriginPC.com back in 2010. I have not had to deal with customer service yet and I am hoping that I will never need to. I highly suggest if you need a new PC purchase an Alienware Aurora R4 from Amazon.com. This was purchased for $1409.00 vs 2700+ on Alienware.com. I could not be any happier.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700Hq MSI GTX 1060 Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 10 Home Edition 120Hz 5ms Steel Series 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOS
Intel Iris Graphics 4 GB DDR3L 128 GB Mac OS X Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700Hq MSI GTX 1060 Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung SSD Windows 10 Home Edition 120Hz 5ms Steel Series 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOS
Intel Iris Graphics 4 GB DDR3L 128 GB Mac OS X Mavericks 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsusFan30 View Post

I must say that Alienware have changed their ways.. I think they have went back to the roots of making quality gaming PC's. I was very sketchy about getting this because I have read a few bad reviews about the PC. I can honestly say that I have been impressed from the time I opened the box up. The packaging was great! This computer did not have any scratches on it or any marks on the outside of the case. The first thing I did before I even turned it on was add my 32GB Corsair XM3 RAM, GTX-580 Classified 3GB video Card, 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, and added a 120MM Fan to the Liquid CPU Cooler for a push-pull configuration. As I unlocked the side of the case, opened it up, the case was glowing with a lights. These lights run on a battery pack when you take the side of the case off. I made sure there were no loose wires as this PC traveled from America to Japan. I decided it was time to hook this bad boy up and give it it's first boot. I hit the power button...and well...NOTHING BUT 5 STEADY BEEPS. I realized that I did not connect all the video card cables because I was soooo excited to get this going. I plugged them in and booted it right up. I went through the windows 7 set up process, and updated windows. I restarted and went into the BIOS and overclocked the CPU to 4.5GHZ with no problems. (Thinking about pushing it to 5GHZ..Why you ask? Because I can). I installed intel extreme utility, EVGA Precision, and Prime 95. I ran prime 95 for about 1 hour and the CPU temps were good, and stable. I noticed that the Fins on the top of the PC would open and close as the temp changed inside the case. The case has 4 temp sensors placed in very good locations. The fans would spin up and needed and slow right back down when the temp that I chose as a target temp was reached. The blu-ray player works great, and the pc came with Cyberlink Powerdvd 3D. This goes great with my 3D monitor. I have used the SD card reader and that is fully functional. This case has amazing lighting and has several lighting zones to change the Color of. The build quality is about as good as the PC that I bought from OriginPC.com back in 2010. I have not had to deal with customer service yet and I am hoping that I will never need to. I highly suggest if you need a new PC purchase an Alienware Aurora R4 from Amazon.com. This was purchased for $1409.00 vs 2700+ on Alienware.com. I could not be any happier.

alienware has become absolutely golden from their move to OEM status.
They've lowered their prices and profits a lot. Cheaper for us, more money for them, and their systems are excellent.
I'm happily pleased with the way Alienware has taken up their moniker and has done so much more for a consumer oriented idea.
They don't make crap people don't want, They make things that the customers are looking for. Niche gaming laptops, compact console sized PCs, full on overclockable rigs.

Alienware has cut down a lot of their overhead and excess and has made so much progress. I can't wait to see what they have planned for E3.


The first alienware I got I was so nervous that it would be bad because of all the horror stories, but nope that thing overclocked so easily, and it kept cool. The system looked absolutely gorgeous with those lighting panels. But it was so easy to get into and upgrade.
It just ran so flawlessly, that I got one of their laptops...
Now I've got 3 of their laptops XD, I went from homebuilder to alienware fangirl.
Their customer support is just epic. They are so quick about things, but also very by the book. They want their customers HAPPY.

When my hard drive failed, BAM they gave me a 512GB SSD to help me with my rough handling issues. Now I have a wicked slick little laptop. My 11inch still plays games, it overclocks pretty well, and my m14X I expect to be around for years.

Alienware has changed so much for the better
Can't wait till E3, its been rumored the new x51 is going to be the official VALVe steam box, but its just a rumor.
post #100 of 207
All I can say is if it makes u happy that's all that counts!............ Congrats once again on your Alien-ware! I was actually thinking about grabbing 1 of there lap-tops for my daughter to game on what do u guys recommend iam gonna look at used ones I don't feel like dumping $3 grand in a lap-top!.......... M55 I think its called I saw a few on craigslist going for around $250 used are those any good for gaming>?
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
amd fx 6100 asus m5a97 msi radeon 6970 Msi radeon 6970  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
corsair vengence BLUE  baracuda seagate 7200 rpm asus sata 24x drw thermaltake contac 30 cpu cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 7 home premium 64 bit LG 26 inch led 1900x1080 resolution logitech mk 260 coolermaster 750 watt gx bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
coolermaster 430 elite logitech mk 260 logitech mk 260 sony reciver hooked up to asus optical port 
OtherOther
2 blue cathode lights and 4 coolmax blue led f... Modright sleeved blue molex to sata x 4  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
amd fx 6100 asus m5a97 msi radeon 6970 Msi radeon 6970  
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
corsair vengence BLUE  baracuda seagate 7200 rpm asus sata 24x drw thermaltake contac 30 cpu cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 7 home premium 64 bit LG 26 inch led 1900x1080 resolution logitech mk 260 coolermaster 750 watt gx bronze 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
coolermaster 430 elite logitech mk 260 logitech mk 260 sony reciver hooked up to asus optical port 
OtherOther
2 blue cathode lights and 4 coolmax blue led f... Modright sleeved blue molex to sata x 4  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Alienware Alienware™ Aurora™ R4.. Upgrading Video Cards to GTX-780 SLI