Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › High quality new monitor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High quality new monitor? - Page 12

post #111 of 121
i know it's a little late now, but i'm surprised nobody recommended the Dell 24" ultrasharp monitors?

i'm looking to buy a new monitor soon (hopefully - ball and chain approval pending), and am seriously considering the U2412M. If i had a bigger budget i'd be pretty set on getting the U2413. But then i do dabble a little in photography, so would really appreciate the wider gamut and colour accuracy.
Noisy Cricket
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Series 240GB CM Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Pro Samsung P2350 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X-760 Silverstone TJ08-E AudioEngine D1 DAC Audio-Technica M50s 
  hide details  
Reply
Noisy Cricket
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Series 240GB CM Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Pro Samsung P2350 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X-760 Silverstone TJ08-E AudioEngine D1 DAC Audio-Technica M50s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #112 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph84 View Post

i know it's a little late now, but i'm surprised nobody recommended the Dell 24" ultrasharp monitors?

i'm looking to buy a new monitor soon (hopefully - ball and chain approval pending), and am seriously considering the U2412M. If i had a bigger budget i'd be pretty set on getting the U2413. But then i do dabble a little in photography, so would really appreciate the wider gamut and colour accuracy.
Well both the U2413 and the U2412M are 1920x1200 while I asked for 1920x1080 smile.gif
Edited by riahc3 - 5/16/13 at 6:40am
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #113 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmew View Post

You have not purchased a korean monitor from any ebay seller since you consider them "chinese knockoffs" and purchased the Dell instead. So I really have no idea why you think your experience with other non-monitor sellers have any relevance to this thread.
Because you mentioned eBay sellers without saying non-monitor or monitor related. So it has relevance to what you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmew View Post

Immediate replacements with free shipping for heavy backlight bleed, excessive dead pixels etc. You do not have to look far to find amazing support stories with particular korean monitor sellers. But of course you won't since you were so biased to begin with. 99.5% plus positive seller feedbacks means 199 of 200 people satisified with a seller and this number isn't just magically guaranteed. By comparison, Dell scores about ~80% customer satisfaction. There is no mainstream U.S. company with that kind of customer satisfaction. Not even in the same ballpark.
Immediate? Dell (and other commpanies) have regional HQs all around the world. (Most) eBay sellers do not.

You are comparing a "99.5% plus positive seller feedback" with a official American Customer Satisfaction Index?!? Are you high? You DO know these things can be faked right, unlike ACSI.....?

Im not saying all sellers or products are bad; You might get lucky, you might not. But with someone you know (lets say another company, HP, so we dont nitpick), they HAVE to give you great customer service. A eBay seller doesnt own you a thing and the only they they have to ablide to is eBay's terms. Nothing else.

On another topic, are these monitors 1080? Besides not buying my first LCD display from a asian eBay seller, I think I turned them down because none offered 1080.
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #114 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by riahc3 View Post

Well both the U2413 and the U2412M are 1920x1200 while I asked for 1920x1080 smile.gif

okay then tongue.gif my bad.
Noisy Cricket
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Series 240GB CM Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Pro Samsung P2350 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X-760 Silverstone TJ08-E AudioEngine D1 DAC Audio-Technica M50s 
  hide details  
Reply
Noisy Cricket
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASUS P8Z77-M PRO Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Series 240GB CM Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Pro Samsung P2350 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X-760 Silverstone TJ08-E AudioEngine D1 DAC Audio-Technica M50s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph84 View Post

okay then tongue.gif my bad.
No problem smile.gif I understand you were simply trying to help out (even if late tongue.gif )
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicmew View Post

You have not purchased a korean monitor from any ebay seller since you consider them "chinese knockoffs" and purchased the Dell instead. So I really have no idea why you think your experience with other non-monitor sellers have any relevance to this thread.

Immediate replacements with free shipping for heavy backlight bleed, excessive dead pixels etc. You do not have to look far to find amazing support stories with particular korean monitor sellers. But of course you won't since you were so biased to begin with. 99.5% plus positive seller feedbacks means 199 of 200 people satisified with a seller and this number isn't just magically guaranteed. By comparison, Dell scores about ~80% customer satisfaction. There is no mainstream U.S. company with that kind of customer satisfaction. Not even in the same ballpark.

You are so incredibly biased that I have trouble taking you seriously.

Do you even know what Ebay feedback is? Ebay feedback is NOT the same type of feedback as what you find on third party rating sites, like the ones you linked. Ebay encourages you to give feedback as soon as possible, and most buyers give positive feedback once they receive the product. Positive feedback left for a seller CANNOT BE CHANGED, only negative feedback can (and even then, there is a process to do so that is not trivial). Most of the people who buy these monitors likely leave positive feedback as soon as they get the panel; if an issue crops up after a few weeks and the seller provides bad support THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO to reflect this in their rating, since it has already been made. There is also a 60 day window for leaving feedback, so if an issue happens after the 60 days the feedback will NOT reflect any support issues that arise.
Third party review sites, on the other hand, have no time limit, so anyone can post about any experiences they have any amount of time after they happen. Furthermore, unlike with Ebay people are not strongly encouraged to leave feedback on third party sites, so many of the people who DO leave feedback are those who are disgruntled because of a bad experience. This means that these sites do not represent a random sample, and therefore you cannot conclude anything about the true customer satisfaction rate from them. I personally had a very good experience with Dell, but I am not going to go around to every third party review site and post about it simply because there are too many, and I have better things to do with my time. On the other hand, I leave feedback for EVERYTHING I buy on Ebay, since the feedback is integrated into the site and doing so is not hard.

The fact that you seem to hate Dell with a burning passion has clearly clouded your judgement and prevented you from being objective here. We understand that you like the Korean IPS monitors, but I see no purpose to you staying here and harassing everyone who has a positive experience with a company that you dislike. I suggest you find somewhere else to spew your hate.
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #117 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir125 View Post

You are so incredibly biased that I have trouble taking you seriously.

Do you even know what Ebay feedback is? Ebay feedback is NOT the same type of feedback as what you find on third party rating sites, like the ones you linked. Ebay encourages you to give feedback as soon as possible, and most buyers give positive feedback once they receive the product. Positive feedback left for a seller CANNOT BE CHANGED, only negative feedback can (and even then, there is a process to do so that is not trivial). Most of the people who buy these monitors likely leave positive feedback as soon as they get the panel; if an issue crops up after a few weeks and the seller provides bad support THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO to reflect this in their rating, since it has already been made. There is also a 60 day window for leaving feedback, so if an issue happens after the 60 days the feedback will NOT reflect any support issues that arise.
Third party review sites, on the other hand, have no time limit, so anyone can post about any experiences they have any amount of time after they happen. Furthermore, unlike with Ebay people are not strongly encouraged to leave feedback on third party sites, so many of the people who DO leave feedback are those who are disgruntled because of a bad experience. This means that these sites do not represent a random sample, and therefore you cannot conclude anything about the true customer satisfaction rate from them. I personally had a very good experience with Dell, but I am not going to go around to every third party review site and post about it simply because there are too many, and I have better things to do with my time. On the other hand, I leave feedback for EVERYTHING I buy on Ebay, since the feedback is integrated into the site and doing so is not hard.

The fact that you seem to hate Dell with a burning passion has clearly clouded your judgement and prevented you from being objective here. We understand that you like the Korean IPS monitors, but I see no purpose to you staying here and harassing everyone who has a positive experience with a company that you dislike. I suggest you find somewhere else to spew your hate.
Great post. I also did not know that positive eBay feedback could not be changed, which really sucks because as said, if you have a problem afterwards, this cannot be reflected.

Personally, I usually do not leave feedback unless it is something really remarkable that should standout from the seller. Example: One seller (in Asia as a matter of fact) offered free shipping on a item I did a Buy It Now for. I bought it in the morning (we are talking about 0800 or similar) and I had it at aboue 1200-1300 the next day!!! That was amazing! I left feedback for that member because he quickly sent me a item and it works (still works).
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjolnir125 View Post

I know quite a lot about electronics and electromagnetism, and I have no clue what you are saying... There is no such thing as an "LED laptop;" there are laptops with LED displays, but the laptops themselves run off of DC power from their power supply... What exactly is your point?



riahc3, where did you buy from? When I needed my Dell monitor replaced I simply talked to customer support and they transferred the ownership from Newegg to me in literally 2 minutes.

I think well all know i was referring to laptops with LED screens. apparently you know not a lot since an inverter converts DC to AC, and LED screen which uses LEDs for the back light needs only DC because and LED on works on DC power.
Edited by cdoublejj - 5/24/13 at 12:30am
Core 2 Haf
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q9550 ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP GTX 480 Kingston HyperX DDR3 KHX1600C9D3K2/8G 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY 1333 55gb, 320Gb, 500GB, 1TB Hyper 212 EVO Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Lubuntu 13.04 x64 OS X 10.8.5 TX750 Haf 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Core 2 Haf
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q9550 ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP GTX 480 Kingston HyperX DDR3 KHX1600C9D3K2/8G 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY 1333 55gb, 320Gb, 500GB, 1TB Hyper 212 EVO Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Lubuntu 13.04 x64 OS X 10.8.5 TX750 Haf 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 121
Thread Starter 
Got the replacement but they didnt ask for the other one back! I contacted Dell about it and they will contact me back about it (just to make sure I Dont get charged twice)
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 121
Thread Starter 
BTW, here are the black and white (no adjustments, purely out of factory) of the new monitor.

Its still revision A00 frown.gif






I see, at most, a 1% improvement on the "blacklight bleed" you guys talked about. For now, I havent seen the upper right corner go black like it did on the old one (still does black on the old one sometimes) so thats a good sign.
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › High quality new monitor?