Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › High quality new monitor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High quality new monitor? - Page 9

post #81 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1016 View Post

Did you buy it from dell?
No, online retailer.

But I imagine Dell can give me support/replace it, right?
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 121
Thread Starter 
I can now even reproduce it:

0: Normal backit
1: Start MTA San Andreas
2: Screen stays black
3: Ctrl+Shift+Esc
4: Shows desktop with black right upper corner on monitor.
5: Kiill MTA
6: Turn off and on monitor
7: Fixed.
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by riahc3 View Post

No, online retailer.

But I imagine Dell can give me support/replace it, right?

100% cross shipping. You keep your monitor while they ship you a replacement. That's the Ultrasharp premium panel warranty at no cost to you or credit card to secure shipment.

Call them now. 1-877-717-3355 Explain your not happy with the monitor you just purchased. Let them know you heard a new revision is out A01. They may or may not ask for an email of the pic to show your problem. You send it on the same call while talking with rep, if you have to. They verify it and authorize on the spot.

Come to the Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club to see for yourself my detailed story unfold in my first experience and others who got the same experience & monitor they are completely happy with. Also learn about A00 and A01 revision & discussions with other owners who are subbed there. smile.gif
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by riahc3 View Post

frown.gif I just got this screen....Bad first expirence with LCD.....


Where do I find the service tag for this monitor?
if you ordered it from a reseller then you'll have to contact your reseller for the service tag, annoyingly enough. Its why I ordered all my dells from dell.
post #85 of 121
Reseller Newegg.

Dell will transfer ownership. You read them your S/N number on the back of your panel.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

100% cross shipping. You keep your monitor while they ship you a replacement. That's the Ultrasharp premium panel warranty at no cost to you or credit card to secure shipment.

Call them now. 1-877-717-3355 Explain your not happy with the monitor you just purchased. Let them know you heard a new revision is out A01. They may or may not ask for an email of the pic to show your problem. You send it on the same call while talking with rep, if you have to. They verify it and authorize on the spot.

Come to the Dell U2713HM: 2560x1440 Semi-Glossy IPS Club to see for yourself my detailed story unfold in my first experience and others who got the same experience & monitor they are completely happy with. Also learn about A00 and A01 revision & discussions with other owners who are subbed there. smile.gif
Obviously they are not at working hours now but I will contact them tommorow.

I have the picture (as you have seen) so that will be no problem smile.gif Ill tell tem about the revision amd see of they even know about it.

Im not sure if you are confused or Im confused. I do not have a U2713HM. I have a U2312HM,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

if you ordered it from a reseller then you'll have to contact your reseller for the service tag, annoyingly enough. Its why I ordered all my dells from dell.
Dell sells the monitor at 277€ and that is not including S/H and taxes. I got mine from a retailer at 199€ with S/H and taxes. Its a no brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Reseller Newegg.

Dell will transfer ownership. You read them your S/N number on the back of your panel.
I did not understand this part correctly.
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Asus P5B Deluxe Geforce GTX 650 Ti 4GB 
OSMonitorAudio
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate U2312HM Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by riahc3 View Post

Dell sells the monitor at 277€ and that is not including S/H and taxes. I got mine from a retailer at 199€ with S/H and taxes. Its a no brainer.
Ahh. At those prices, certainly. It's just that Dell has sales very often, so that's the prices I look at lol; once a month or so, (like what I linked earlier) they go down to $180 or something for a U2312hm, which is cheaper than most other places, including amazon.
post #88 of 121
Oops didn't see you went went U2312HM. redface.gif However since it's an Ultrasharp series the same premium panel warranty applies.

You asked what I meant about DELL will transfer ownership from whichever retailer you purchased the monitor from to you.

I'm not sure what it all entails specifically or why the rep said it to me that way when I called on my replacement. He asked where I purchased it from, the S/N number and said basically 'with your permission please wait one moment while I transfer ownership from Newegg to yourself so we can begin the replacement procedure''.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 121
this does "touch" controls, https://www.leapmotion.com/preorder/new
Core 2 Haf
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q9550 ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP GTX 480 Kingston HyperX DDR3 KHX1600C9D3K2/8G 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY 1333 55gb, 320Gb, 500GB, 1TB Hyper 212 EVO Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Lubuntu 13.04 x64 OS X 10.8.5 TX750 Haf 912 
  hide details  
Reply
Core 2 Haf
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q Q9550 ASUS P5E3 Deluxe Wifi-AP GTX 480 Kingston HyperX DDR3 KHX1600C9D3K2/8G 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
PNY 1333 55gb, 320Gb, 500GB, 1TB Hyper 212 EVO Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Lubuntu 13.04 x64 OS X 10.8.5 TX750 Haf 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 121
You can also do all the same things with Dell support through their online chat; it is actually a bit easier since you can just type out your address when they ask for it instead of having to make sure they understood what you said over the phone.
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
Hexa Core
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.5 ghz GA-X99P-SLI Msi GTX 1070 Gaming 8g Corsair quad channel 16 gb ddr4 2666 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 256 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB OCZ trion 150 480 gb HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Some random ASUS lightscribe DVD burner Corsair H105 + 2 2150 RPM Gentle Typhoon fans Windows 7 professional 64 bit xb271hu 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell u2713HM Dell 2001FP Ducky Zero Shine DK2108s Seasonic X750 fully modular PSU 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G700s Steelseries qck+ Sennheiser HD600  
AudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT250 250 ohm Mayflower Electronics O2 Headphone Amp + ODAC Monoprice 5 inch studio monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › High quality new monitor?