Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Stick with 2600K? or Use 3570k?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stick with 2600K? or Use 3570k? - Page 3

post #21 of 30
What you got is perfect

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
 
XPS L502X
(9 items)
 
CM 110 Elite
(7 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2670QM 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M  6GB 1333MHz Dual Channel Ram 750GB Seagate Momentus 7200RPM 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
64GB Crucial m4 Cooler Master Notepal L1 Windows 8 Professional x64 / Mint 14 Cinnamon 6... Backlit Keyboard 
Audio
Sound Blaster X-FI  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
G3258 H97I Plus Gigabyte 750 Ti Low Profile  8GB Skill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Kingston V300 120 SSD  Corsair VS 550 CM Elite 110 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 30
Even though IB is the successor to SB, 2600k to 3570k is a downgrade in general.

2600k/2700k is the 3770k equivalent.
post #23 of 30
keep the 2600k everytime
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFchris View Post

Even though IB is the successor to SB, 2600k to 3570k is a downgrade in general.

2600k/2700k is the 3770k equivalent.
in gaming the 3570K might actually be a better chip right now...
games will eventually utilize more cores or in Intel's case HT will come into play like a few are take advantage of more threads / cores now.
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivorth View Post

What are you trying to show? Scores are almost identical.

Sell the more expensive one. You won't notice HT unless you're encoding or something. Even then gains are at MOST 30%, but usually 5%

My point is, the 3570K is more refined and will yield better benefits especially in power consumption at the same performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkoXan View Post

more games in the future are going be more multi-threaded so having a I7 would be beneficial to that era than a I5 would be. redface.gif

You know whats interesting about your comment? I first heard it in the era of the Q9400 vs Q9550 and that was like 6 years ago...... hmmmm
I wonder how many more people will keep up with that comment another 6 years down the line with history repeating itself. Just like kaivorth says above the benefits are too meager to justify $100 and over in price difference
post #26 of 30
that was 6 years ago, not now as games are actually showing multi-threaded use than 6 years ago as they were very mainly single threaded. But as developers more and more adopt it it'll be more wider used as next gen consoles arrives which should give us a lot more multi-threaded games to market.

to be honest though, i wouldn't want to be trapped and caught when games i want to play are multi-threaded and i'm stuck with a pure quad core which could cause problems in massive area's with a lot of people in it and explosions going off all over the place (Planetside 2 or BF3). smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLM-610 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivorth View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkoXan View Post

more games in the future are going be more multi-threaded so having a I7 would be beneficial to that era than a I5 would be. redface.gif

You know whats interesting about your comment? I first heard it in the era of the Q9400 vs Q9550 and that was like 6 years ago...... hmmmm
I wonder how many more people will keep up with that comment another 6 years down the line with history repeating itself. Just like kaivorth says above the benefits are too meager to justify $100 and over in price difference
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
JunkoXan's Build
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k (Engineering Sample) Asus P67 Sabertooth Sapphire Dual-X 280x G.Skill Sniper (2x4gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Spinpoint Cooler Masters 616+ Windows 7 Upstar 20" 1080p TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor 21" 1680x1050 Dell Keyboard Antec High Current Gamer 900W Cooler Master HAF-XB 
MouseMouse Pad
E-3lue Mazer II 2600DPI Optical Mouse Custom Made 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkoXan View Post

that was 6 years ago, not now as games are actually showing multi-threaded use than 6 years ago as they were very mainly single threaded. But as developers more and more adopt it it'll be more wider used as next gen consoles arrives which should give us a lot more multi-threaded games to market.

to be honest though, i wouldn't want to be trapped and caught when games i want to play are multi-threaded and i'm stuck with a pure quad core which could cause problems in massive area's with a lot of people in it and explosions going off all over the place (Planetside 2 or BF3). smile.gif

What you are actually talking about is future proofing which many have seen to be futile as there will always be future non hyper threaded chips that will surpass the present hyper threaded chips at a significantly lower cost which is better invested in a gpu which will yield better gains. If you were just focusing on development applications such as adobe, that will make alot of sense but for gaming, the titles around are too few to warrant a $100 increase, infact considering a gpu that is $100 more expensive you will definitely see a 50% increase in fps but your definitely not going to see such a change with changing chips. Development in the gpu sector is exponential compared to cpu. So be wise and invest where it matters.

Think about it intel has managed to keep this debate going ever since the time of E7500 vs E8400, the price performance difference doesn't warrant the difference in price and will always be like this. Real world tests never lie. Just search around and you'll see what am talking about, theory will tell you that you expect atleast 100% gain as your argument optimistically implies for the extra thread but a practical will always prove otherwise.
post #28 of 30
Here some practical tests:- http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-core-i5-3570k-cpu-review/1
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-3770k-i5-3570k_6.html#sect0

I would rather have a planned upgrade over time than stick with old tech in the name of future proofing which also isn't going to support newer instruction sets giving it the edge in performance.
Edited by TLM-610 - 5/18/13 at 4:04pm
post #29 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLM-610 View Post

Here some practical tests:- http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2012/05/01/intel-core-i5-3570k-cpu-review/1
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i7-3770k-i5-3570k_6.html#sect0

I would rather have a planned upgrade over time than stick with old tech in the name of future proofing which also isn't going to support newer instruction sets giving it the edge in performance.

that bit tech review has been called out before in this thread . . .

http://www.overclock.net/t/1374441/help-picking-processor/20

when using fraps to measure the fps in tandem with the bench midway through test the fps are higher.
Edited by rdr09 - 5/18/13 at 4:31pm
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

that bit tech review has been called out before in this thread . . .

http://www.overclock.net/t/1374441/help-picking-processor/20

when using fraps to measure the fps in tandem with the bench midway through test the fps are higher.

Alright maybe just that one is disqualified but look at the rest of them out there, newer cheaper tech will always have the edge hands down
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Stick with 2600K? or Use 3570k?