I managed to get all 3 working at 100% back-light by making use of some of the USB 3.0 ports in my rig. Apparently the USB ports are grouped by two on my mobo and the maximum current draw is shared between the pair. When I put it so that I'm drawing power from only one of the paired USB ports then I were able to exceed 1 A limit encountered earlier. The Molex idea for drawing power is good. I was actually already looking around for straight Molex to USB cable as that way there should be no current limit before you hit the PSU limit, which is somewhere far off at 10 or 20 A for 5V rail.
I'm still not entirely sure I like such high ppi screens, however, I must say that picture for sure is damn sharp, especially when getting close enough. I think I might be getting used to such high ppi though slowly. The screens still have the protective foil on them which I'm planning to remove once I get them set up in the VESA stand at work in few days. Would like to play around with them a bit more at home, but wife already informed me that "she thinks I have enough screens already" so I will make use of the little screens at work for a little while. Having all that screen real estate is awesome ofc. Altogether 19.8 megapixels. Pity the ipad screens are atm in a bit awkward spot to make proper use of them (just sitting flat on my deks atm).
For added bonus couple of "print screen" screenshots of the current desktop
The game is EVE Online in there. The screens are actually enough to run 6 clients at 1536x1020 reso which seems to be pretty usable. The text in chat windows is actually a bit too small to be comfortable, but that might be bcos the screens are atm about twice of the intended distance from me. If that turns out to be issue this game supports ofc font size adjustments for most things. I have covered the info in there that identifies my characters and their current locations in game as I have atm active wardec going in there and it's not healthy to advertise that kind of info in that game
Overall I think I'm pretty pleased on how things turned out. I would like the back-light control's to be more granular though. Will have to ask Mark (from abusemark shop from where I ordered these) if he has new firmware out for these. I did notice that he seems to have new revision of these controllers which are intended to be mounted with just two sided tape instead of having to use screws like with mine.Edit:
Information about different revisions of these controllers. My controllers are Rev.0 and the ones currently for sale are Rev.1 - the firmware between revisions is not compatible as some pin layouts and back-light controller have changed. However, Mark has done a modified version of Rev.0 firmware which boots at 100% back-light intensity instead of 50% like the default firmware did for me which he was nice enough to mail me. I'll flash my firmware in few days and cross my fingers that everything goes well.Edited by Carniflex - 3/2/14 at 8:32am