Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [ChinaDIY] Intel Core i7 4770k "review"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ChinaDIY] Intel Core i7 4770k "review" - Page 26

post #251 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCrowely View Post

It's not needed however. I went from a 2600K & a MIVE on my gaming rig to a 3770K & a MVE for Thunderbolt. The performance is not noticeable. Only in benchmarks I see a difference. Getting a 4770K doesn't guarantee anything far as overclocking. You could get a bad chip & having a 1150 socket means nothing. That's luck of draw.....

Agreed, assuming you get a decent chip then. I've never actually had a "bad" chip per say (knock on wood) hopefully that doesn't happen. Though bad now a days is what not being able to break 4.0?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post

3930K for $350. thumb.gif

Absolutely thumb.gif man one can dream.

Oh didn't know if this had been posted but 6.4ghz on 1.44v

http://hwbot.org/newsflash/2058_video_hkepc_shows_haswell_core_i7_4770k_at_6.4ghz_with_1.445v
Edited by Blackops_2 - 5/12/13 at 1:56pm
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
Green Envy
(12 items)
 
 
Purple Haze
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-3770k @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 EVGA 780 Classified EVGA 780 Classified  
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
16GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 WD Raptor Cooler Master Glacer 240L Windows 7 64-Bit Home premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech G15 Seasonic 850w M12II Phantek Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth 990FX EVGA 780 Classified 8Gb Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
WD 750Gb EK supremacy Clean CSQ Asus 23" Seasonic 12SII 850W Gold 
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1600x Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX Diamond 7970 G Skill DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black  Samsung 850 Evo  Cooler Master Glacer 240L Black Ice Nemesis L-Series 240 Stealth 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
EK-FC7970 CSQ Mayhems X1 UV Purple Corsair SF600 Fractal Design Define S Nano  
  hide details  
Reply
post #252 of 298
Would love to delid the 4770K. Don't want to be the guinea pig though wink.gif
post #253 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Mike View Post

Would love to delid the 4770K. Don't want to be the guinea pig though wink.gif

Its already been done
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #254 of 298
Great! Can you lead me to the discussion that details overclocking numbers?
I believe the overclocks mentioned on this thread are not delided. I may be wrong. Thanks...
Edited by Cool Mike - 5/12/13 at 7:44pm
post #255 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

What? I don't know where you get your info from, but what you're saying is misleading/wrong regarding BCLK..
That's ridiculous. I have two motherboards from the same vendor and two different CPU models so I think to be qualified to say what I say. Not that it really matter because you basically repeat what I said with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

BCLK is fully adjustable. That was the case on SB, and will be the case on Haswell. The problem is that when you adjust it too far outside of 100 mhz, PCI-E, SATA, USB, etc. devices are dropped due to them not having tolerance outside that range.
Like I said: "You will have full control in steps of 1 MHz" which by the way should have been 0.01 MHz to be precise, but anyway.

And hell yes. I am a developer and tons of people rely on me so I pretty much read every Intel datasheet there is. I have to because if I would not do that then they simply cannot boot. Hey I'm not just a some overclocker, not some Windows user, because I don't even use Windows. Like in NEVER because I use OS X on ordinary PC hardware since 2007.

Yes. I did not mentioned the word "spec" in my post, but the fact remains that the UEFI BIOS I have here does in fact come with a limiter on the BCLK. Not that I expect that the BIOS will stay the same, because they have changed it over 10 times already. On my request.

Not to mention that I am in contact with people from Intel and could show you every single ACPI table and SMBIOS there is for the new UEFI's that are about to be retailed.
post #256 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

What? I don't know where you get your info from, but what you're saying is misleading/wrong regarding BCLK..
That's ridiculous. I have two motherboards from the same vendor and two different CPU models so I think to be qualified to say what I say. Not that it really matter because you basically repeat what I said with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post

BCLK is fully adjustable. That was the case on SB, and will be the case on Haswell. The problem is that when you adjust it too far outside of 100 mhz, PCI-E, SATA, USB, etc. devices are dropped due to them not having tolerance outside that range.
Like I said: "You will have full control in steps of 1 MHz" which by the way should have been 0.01 MHz to be precise, but anyway.

And hell yes. I am a developer and tons of people rely on me so I pretty much read every Intel datasheet there is. I have to because if I would not do that then they simply cannot boot. Hey I'm not just a some overclocker, not some Windows user, because I don't even use Windows. Like in NEVER because I use OS X on ordinary PC hardware since 2007.

Yes. I did not mentioned the word "spec" in my post, but the fact remains that the UEFI BIOS I have here does in fact come with a limiter on the BCLK. Not that I expect that the BIOS will stay the same, because they have changed it over 10 times already. On my request.

Not to mention that I am in contact with people from Intel and could show you every single ACPI table and SMBIOS there is for the new UEFI's that are about to be retailed.

 Could probably break a lot of NDA's too and have some hawt litigation in your lap

post #257 of 298
Dunno guys... i mean, i wonder what people ,many of them skilled in this field far beyond ours did to increase the IPC at Intel's HQ. They definitely do hard work of which i cannot comprehend nor do most people on this forum besides the name and core count of their CPUs...


All i'm saying is..... be grateful they did the work to increase IPC on roughly the sameish architecture since Pentium 3(and even this i'm not sure if that's true...)
But what do i know, i like computers and all, but not that deep into the silicon level with all the traces and so on. Can any of you imagine that?


I'm not going to judge them for whatever they do to improve their CPUs because i don't work there and i am nowhere near qualified to do so. And as stated before, we are somewhat niche, the enthusiast overclockers. Well, yes there is quite a sizable PC gaming market as indicated by Steam stats with 3 million or higher players everyday, but most of them don't upgrade their rigs as often as we do.

To be honest, they're following where the money is, and the money is in the exploding mobile market and they want to beat ARM to the punch there. Desktops used to be needed for basic needs, but now can be done by smartphones and tablets, relegating the desktop to high-grade games not possible on mobiles and professional programs like AutoCAD, Sony Vegas, etc.

Yes, the desktop is still here, but its use has become more focused than it used to be. And i don't think Intel is going to listen to the complainers here on OCN too much, we are a much smaller market than the mobile market.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700x Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 16GB 8GBx2 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Samsung 960 Evo 1TB m.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 2TB DVD drive Corsair H60 2013 edition windows 10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
32inch Crossover 4K Thermaltake SMART M series 750W Powerspec G418 case Thermal 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700x Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming 5 ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 16GB 8GBx2 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Samsung 960 Evo 1TB m.2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 2TB DVD drive Corsair H60 2013 edition windows 10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
32inch Crossover 4K Thermaltake SMART M series 750W Powerspec G418 case Thermal 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #258 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoBodi View Post

Dunno guys... i mean, i wonder what people ,many of them skilled in this field far beyond ours did to increase the IPC at Intel's HQ. They definitely do hard work of which i cannot comprehend nor do most people on this forum besides the name and core count of their CPUs...


All i'm saying is..... be grateful they did the work to increase IPC on roughly the sameish architecture since Pentium 3(and even this i'm not sure if that's true...)
But what do i know, i like computers and all, but not that deep into the silicon level with all the traces and so on. Can any of you imagine that?


I'm not going to judge them for whatever they do to improve their CPUs because i don't work there and i am nowhere near qualified to do so. And as stated before, we are somewhat niche, the enthusiast overclockers. Well, yes there is quite a sizable PC gaming market as indicated by Steam stats with 3 million or higher players everyday, but most of them don't upgrade their rigs as often as we do.

To be honest, they're following where the money is, and the money is in the exploding mobile market and they want to beat ARM to the punch there. Desktops used to be needed for basic needs, but now can be done by smartphones and tablets, relegating the desktop to high-grade games not possible on mobiles and professional programs like AutoCAD, Sony Vegas, etc.

Yes, the desktop is still here, but its use has become more focused than it used to be. And i don't think Intel is going to listen to the complainers here on OCN too much, we are a much smaller market than the mobile market.

I hear what you're saying. I understand it, but it's also like singing. I may not be able to sing either, win any awards doing it, produce albums or be any good at all. But I know good singing when I hear it and so do most folks here. I think something similar applies here. As far as the market goes, I don't think you're too far off the mark.

I used to work in CVLABS at Intel, not that that's saying much. However, I have a good enough understanding of procs to know this; Intel is very comfortable right now in our space.
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Obsidian
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme Galaxy GTX 680 2GB DDR5 Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 4x8 32GB DDR3 CMY3... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD  Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB Koolance CPU-370 Koolance PMP-450 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Koolance HX-CU1320V 4x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU1020V 3x120 Copper Radiator Koolance HX-CU720V 2x120 Copper Radiator Koolance CTR-CD1224 12/24V Pump and Fan Controller 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair AF120 High Performance Fans Windows 7 x64 Professional Dell S2409W Seasonic Platinum-1000  
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 900D Logitech G700 Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD  Logitech Z5500 THX 5.1 Surround System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #259 of 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoBodi View Post

Dunno guys... i mean, i wonder what people ,many of them skilled in this field far beyond ours did to increase the IPC at Intel's HQ. They definitely do hard work of which i cannot comprehend nor do most people on this forum besides the name and core count of their CPUs...


All i'm saying is..... be grateful they did the work to increase IPC on roughly the sameish architecture since Pentium 3(and even this i'm not sure if that's true...)
But what do i know, i like computers and all, but not that deep into the silicon level with all the traces and so on. Can any of you imagine that?


I'm not going to judge them for whatever they do to improve their CPUs because i don't work there and i am nowhere near qualified to do so. And as stated before, we are somewhat niche, the enthusiast overclockers. Well, yes there is quite a sizable PC gaming market as indicated by Steam stats with 3 million or higher players everyday, but most of them don't upgrade their rigs as often as we do.

To be honest, they're following where the money is, and the money is in the exploding mobile market and they want to beat ARM to the punch there. Desktops used to be needed for basic needs, but now can be done by smartphones and tablets, relegating the desktop to high-grade games not possible on mobiles and professional programs like AutoCAD, Sony Vegas, etc.

Yes, the desktop is still here, but its use has become more focused than it used to be. And i don't think Intel is going to listen to the complainers here on OCN too much, we are a much smaller market than the mobile market.

Simply incorrect.

Every office worker in the world has a laptop or desktop on their desk. Silicon has a ghz limit which is rougly 5ghz at room temperature ambient. This has been known since the early 90s. Until performance returns as a driving factor (factor is now low power use, emerging mobile markets, etc), Intel wont be improving performance per core aside from the minor gains as a result of smaller lithography. Moving away from Si to another semiconductor would cost billions in research and implementation. At least this allows AMD to "catch up". Competition is good for the consumer.
Q. T. McWhiskers
(17 items)
 
Fem-Puter
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k 4.5ghz @ 1.27v Asus P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 Diamond 7970 Reference GHz edition 32GB DDR3-1600 (4x8GB) G.Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Patriot Pyro 120GB SSD & 12TB RAID0 Arrays Asus Bluray burner Xigmatek Gaia w/CM Red 120s Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 SE 27" 1440p Dell u2412m Vertical Corsair K60 Enermax Revo85+ 1020W 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CM HAF X RED Razer Naga 2012 Logitech Z-5500 from onboard analog audio Logitech G35 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ stock ECS H61HS-M2 uATX MSI 7770 @ 1040/1300 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hitachi 2TB 7200rpm Corsair CAFA50 w/Enermax Fan Win7 Pro Dell 20" 1680x1080 work junk 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Eco Neo 520W In-Win Mana134 w/Handle Razer Naga 2012 
  hide details  
Reply
Q. T. McWhiskers
(17 items)
 
Fem-Puter
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k 4.5ghz @ 1.27v Asus P8Z68-V Pro GEN3 Diamond 7970 Reference GHz edition 32GB DDR3-1600 (4x8GB) G.Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Patriot Pyro 120GB SSD & 12TB RAID0 Arrays Asus Bluray burner Xigmatek Gaia w/CM Red 120s Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 SE 27" 1440p Dell u2412m Vertical Corsair K60 Enermax Revo85+ 1020W 
CaseMouseAudioOther
CM HAF X RED Razer Naga 2012 Logitech Z-5500 from onboard analog audio Logitech G35 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ stock ECS H61HS-M2 uATX MSI 7770 @ 1040/1300 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hitachi 2TB 7200rpm Corsair CAFA50 w/Enermax Fan Win7 Pro Dell 20" 1680x1080 work junk 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Eco Neo 520W In-Win Mana134 w/Handle Razer Naga 2012 
  hide details  
Reply
post #260 of 298
Core i7 4770K Retail in Taiwan

http://www.coolaler.com/showthread.php/303785-%E5%8B%87%E6%B8%A1%E9%BB%91%E6%B0%B4%E6%BA%9D%E7%9A%84%E7%9B%92%E8%A3%9D-Core-i7-4770K-Retail-%E6%AD%A3%E5%BC%8F%E7%89%88





New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [ChinaDIY] Intel Core i7 4770k "review"