Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Best coolers for an i5 3570k?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best coolers for an i5 3570k? - Page 9

post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by maortega15 View Post

I'm just a newbie so I want something that I can take right out of the box and install without any modifications.
Like Jamdox said, any big cooler will cool fine and is quiet at low rpm.

Why do you want a down flow instead of a tower cooler? Tower cooler blow the heat from front to back to back vent/fan and out of case. Down flow blow the heat all over making it much harder to get cool air to cooler intake.

Have you considered the new Noctua NH-U12S or NH-U14S? Very good coolers.
Or Phanteks PH-TC12DX? Also very good.
post #82 of 89
Down coolers will have airflow for the VRMs? That's always a +
post #83 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFir View Post

Down coolers will have airflow for the VRMs? That's always a +
True. But most towers move air over motherboard too. In some ways it's a trade-off. . keep case cooler or blow hot air onto motherboard. I've found if case is cool the VRMs' are usually cool too. I'm running X58 systems which are known to run hot and my NB runs 46-52c.
post #84 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Like Jamdox said, any big cooler will cool fine and is quiet at low rpm.

Why do you want a down flow instead of a tower cooler? Tower cooler blow the heat from front to back to back vent/fan and out of case. Down flow blow the heat all over making it much harder to get cool air to cooler intake.

Have you considered the new Noctua NH-U12S or NH-U14S? Very good coolers.
Or Phanteks PH-TC12DX? Also very good.
What is the difference between the 12S and 14S?
post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by maortega15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Like Jamdox said, any big cooler will cool fine and is quiet at low rpm.

Why do you want a down flow instead of a tower cooler? Tower cooler blow the heat from front to back to back vent/fan and out of case. Down flow blow the heat all over making it much harder to get cool air to cooler intake.

Have you considered the new Noctua NH-U12S or NH-U14S? Very good coolers.
Or Phanteks PH-TC12DX? Also very good.
What is the difference between the 12S and 14S?
Size, number of pipes and 3.6c. biggrin.gif

There are several reviews for you to read and compare results. Google is your friend. Look and see for yourself.
post #86 of 89
I'm thinking of going with the 14 but would RAM clearance be an issue?
post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by maortega15 View Post

I'm thinking of going with the 14 but would RAM clearance be an issue?
I assume it will fit but you need to check and see what your motherboard CPU to RAM clearance is. It w ill fit if you have more than 51mm from center of your CPU to your RAM.
post #88 of 89
I'll be going with the ASUS SABERTOOTH ZXX (Ivy Bridge or Haswell) if that helps.
post #89 of 89
Thread Starter 
If you have quality VRM, you won't Need extra cooling on them. If it uses IR3550's, you're made. Regardless, good general case flow should be enough for any board using at least a midrange-quality VRM.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Best coolers for an i5 3570k?