Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Help me choose which 660 TI?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me choose which 660 TI? - Page 6

post #51 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye071292 View Post

OR get the 250 pro tongue.gif


256 pro = $240
250 non pro = 189

If its worth $50 for a little more write go for it. Personally I like my non pro and only paid $150
post #52 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye071292 View Post

OR get the 250 pro tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

256 pro = $240
250 non pro = 189

If its worth $50 for a little more write go for it. Personally I like my non pro and only paid $150

Good to see some thoughts on the SSD's for when I do get one. I'll most likely need to get one around 250gb when I do since I'll have to remove my 500gb, unless I find a way to place this SSD in the case.....which I might be able to.

It looks like I have a good 10 inches to the front of the HDD bracket and if I turn the HDD's around with the sata cables on the other side to the right, might be able to squeeze another inch. I would like to stay somewhere in the 10 inch range. My 560 is at the 8 inch range, rather interesting.

post #53 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post


Good to see some thoughts on the SSD's for when I do get one. I'll most likely need to get one around 250gb when I do since I'll have to remove my 500gb, unless I find a way to place this SSD in the case.....which I might be able to.

It looks like I have a good 10 inches to the front of the HDD bracket and if I turn the HDD's around with the sata cables on the other side to the right, might be able to squeeze another inch. I would like to stay somewhere in the 10 inch range. My 560 is at the 8 inch range, rather interesting.


Don't know if you saw this video. At about 4:50 he talks about Video cards.
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb222 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post


Good to see some thoughts on the SSD's for when I do get one. I'll most likely need to get one around 250gb when I do since I'll have to remove my 500gb, unless I find a way to place this SSD in the case.....which I might be able to.

It looks like I have a good 10 inches to the front of the HDD bracket and if I turn the HDD's around with the sata cables on the other side to the right, might be able to squeeze another inch. I would like to stay somewhere in the 10 inch range. My 560 is at the 8 inch range, rather interesting.


Don't know if you saw this video. At about 4:50 he talks about Video cards.

Yeah I had watched this video before buying my case he does an excellent job with his reviews.

Any thoughts on the GTX 670 I was also pondering that last night if I don't want to OC the 7950. Looking at all my options.
post #55 of 124
Stock the 670 is 10-15% faster but costs 25% more

Also 7950 comes with 3 games to make it even better value. If you are determined to go nvidia get the 670 vs 660 but the 7950 is still faster than both with a mild oc.
post #56 of 124
Whatever your budget allows. I thought I saw something about a shorter PCB GTX 670 by ASUS maybe...hold on, let me see if I can find it.
Looks like it was a prototype only. I recommend anything above a 7870 for 1080p gaming. So have at it. find the card you like and grab it.
Edited by ejb222 - 5/14/13 at 7:16am
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

Stock the 670 is 10-15% faster but costs 25% more

Also 7950 comes with 3 games to make it even better value. If you are determined to go nvidia get the 670 vs 660 but the 7950 is still faster than both with a mild oc.

Yeah those NVIDIA prices can be horrible and now the rumored 700 series prices outed today by some Chinese site just is baffling. NVIDIA just keeps raising prices. Too bad AMD is in kind of bad shape as a company to knock some sense into NVIDIA. I'd love to see Intel enter the discreet GPU market and possibly shake things up a bit.

I keep getting hung up with NVIDIA because that's all I've used for GPU's and of course good old 3dfx in the 90s before they were bought up by NVIDIA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb222 View Post

Whatever your budget allows. I thought I saw something about a shorter PCB GTX 670 by ASUS maybe...hold on, let me see if I can find it.
Looks like it was a prototype only. I recommend anything above a 7870 for 1080p gaming. So have at it. find the card you like and grab it.

I kind of feel like my case limits me a little bit with what I can do but its awesome for convenience. With that confined space would a slightly OC'd 7950 be ok? I don't want to damage it with the OC.

If I look at a 670 is a dual fan version better than a single fan ref? I take it that the FTW version is the best? Between MSI and EVGA which is the better 670?
post #58 of 124
Thread Starter 
I just found this too, kind of crazy if it turns out true which makes the 700 series just a rebadge.

A new BIOS for GTX680 has surfaced, it transforms it from 680 to 770.
post #59 of 124
Everyone knew the GTX 700 series was a rebrand from the very beginning.
post #60 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosty View Post

Everyone knew the GTX 700 series was a rebrand from the very beginning.

Um this isn't a refresh if this is true, it's a scam!

@CaptainZombie - I'd recommend going for the 7950. The video said that you can get 280m card in the first slot...that's basically 11inches clearance. Can you not fit 11inch from front panel to back of the case with the tray there like the video suggested???
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Help me choose which 660 TI?