Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Help me choose which 660 TI?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me choose which 660 TI? - Page 8

post #71 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/download-windows-7-sp1-iso/


Download legally, use your valid key legally

Around 10.2" for the MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3 seems right

Whoever needed the ISO, you can take the config file outta the iso and change it up then you can install any version of 32 or 64 bit with the same disk. Works great. So I dont have to carry around home premium, pro, ultimate, starter.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-choose-desired-windows-7-edition-version-during-setup/
 
My desktop
(12 items)
 
First Desktop
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.86 Ghz 1.5V ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX EVGA GTX 660 TI 3GB EVGA GTX 660Ti FTW+ 3GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16 GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill Samsung Pro 850 256GB SSD LG BD Corsair H110i 
OSPowerCaseOther
Windows 7x64 Professional CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V Antec LanBoy Air 5 switch fan controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX ASUS GTX 550TI 1GB 8GB 1333 DDR3 G. Skill (2x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 500 GB Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM Samsung DVD  Stock air Windows 7 Professional x64 
PowerCaseAudio
700 Watt Rosewill Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower ... Integrated  
  hide details  
Reply
 
My desktop
(12 items)
 
First Desktop
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.86 Ghz 1.5V ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX EVGA GTX 660 TI 3GB EVGA GTX 660Ti FTW+ 3GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16 GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill Samsung Pro 850 256GB SSD LG BD Corsair H110i 
OSPowerCaseOther
Windows 7x64 Professional CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V Antec LanBoy Air 5 switch fan controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX ASUS GTX 550TI 1GB 8GB 1333 DDR3 G. Skill (2x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 500 GB Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM Samsung DVD  Stock air Windows 7 Professional x64 
PowerCaseAudio
700 Watt Rosewill Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower ... Integrated  
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/download-windows-7-sp1-iso/


Download legally, use your valid key legally

Around 10.2" for the MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3 seems right

Good job. Hope 10.2" is short enought that you don't need to cut that case smile.gif
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

Remember you have to burn the windows ISO at the SLOWEST SPEED supported by your burner. If not it will give errors (at least it usually does for me)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye071292 View Post

Whoever needed the ISO, you can take the config file outta the iso and change it up then you can install any version of 32 or 64 bit with the same disk. Works great. So I dont have to carry around home premium, pro, ultimate, starter.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-choose-desired-windows-7-edition-version-during-setup/

Since I do not have a DVD drive yet in this system since I need to find a slim line one, I can place this on a USB drive right?

I'm going to try and also look at maybe getting an SSD depending on which card I go with so then I can just start with a fresh install when I do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb222 View Post

Good job. Hope 10.2" is short enought that you don't need to cut that case smile.gif


I swapped the HDD's around so the cables are now coming out from the right side. I just need to get one more SATA cable that is elbow shaped to get around the fan on the right side, it is tight there right now so in the next day or so I'll get that elbowed SATA. Now I have a lot of clearance under that bracket.

I measured between the top of the video card and the bottom of the bracket, I have about 3/4 of an inch clearance. The PCI-e is 1/2 inch tall, I think I might be able to get a longer card underneath there even if its another 1/2 inch longer. Hopefully then I won't have to cut the bracket at all.



I really like this case, but I think the DVD/BD drive setup is in a bad spot and the HDD placement could have been so much better. I'd love to find a way to build HDD cages in there where the HDD's stack on top of each other like in other cases. Maybe I might have a project I can work on that won't damage any of my components in this case, but I can rip apart some HDD cages I have in an old case and work with those.
Edited by CaptainZombie - 5/14/13 at 4:24pm
post #74 of 124
I'll let you in on my experience over the past few months to help you decide on your new GPU. Recently built a new rig back in February and bought a Sapphire 7950 Vapor-x to put in it, I've always been a fan of Nvidia (Riva TNT2, GeForce2 MX400, 8800GT, 550Ti) but AMD has the current best price/performance deal right now no one can argue about that. There are plenty of websites with benchmarks to prove that. The 7950 was a very solid card but I didn't get very lucky and the OC potential was not there, I also had to RMA after a few weeks due to overheating and artifacts. I have nothing bad to say about AMD, it's just their drivers really leave something to be desired especially when coming from Nvidia drivers. After getting another card back, I sold it and took those funds to get a eVGA 660ti. The decision to get eVGA was due to their great customer support (in my personal experience) and more so because of the step up program. I know of all these rumors of the 7xx series but still need a card before they are released, if they even are any time soon. If they don't, I'm great with what I have as I've yet to upgrade my monitor and play at 900p tongue.gif And if they do, then I have the step up program which will save me a bit of money if I decide to upgrade. Let's say the 7xx series ends up sucking and I want more juice, I can just get another 660ti to sli for cheap and be golden thumb.gif Either way, I'm good! Hopefully this helps your decision making. cheers.gif
Edited by angryblanket - 5/14/13 at 4:47pm
Hillary
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Gigabyte UD3H EVGA 770  G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 250GB HDD 7200RPM OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX750 Corsair 400R Razer Deathadder Corsair 
  hide details  
Reply
Hillary
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Gigabyte UD3H EVGA 770  G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 250GB HDD 7200RPM OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX750 Corsair 400R Razer Deathadder Corsair 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryblanket View Post

I'll let you in on my experience over the past few months to help you decide on your new GPU. Recently built a new rig back in February and bought a Sapphire 7950 Vapor-x to put in it, I've always been a fan of Nvidia (Riva TNT2, GeForce2 MX400, 8800GT, 550Ti) but AMD has the current best price/performance deal right now no one can argue about that. There are plenty of websites with benchmarks to prove that. The 7950 was a very solid card but I didn't get very lucky and the OC potential was not there, I also had to RMA after a few weeks due to overheating and artifacts. I have nothing bad to say about AMD, it's just their drivers really leave something to be desired especially when coming from Nvidia drivers. After getting another card back, I sold it and took those funds to get a eVGA 660ti. The decision to get eVGA was due to their great customer support (in my personal experience) and more so because of the step up program. I know of all these rumors of the 7xx series but still need a card before they are released, if they even are any time soon. If they don't, I'm great with what I have as I've yet to upgrade my monitor and play at 900p tongue.gif And if they do, then I have the step up program which will save me a bit of money if I decide to upgrade. Let's say the 7xx series ends up sucking and I want more juice, I can just get another 660ti to sli for cheap and be golden thumb.gif Either way, I'm good! Hopefully this helps your decision making. cheers.gif

So your like me, been pretty much a life long Nvidia fan/owner. I'm only playing at 1080p, so I want a card that can last me 2 years so then I can see where the 800 series cards go in the future. AMD seems to offer the best bang for your buck, but I always read concerns about drivers or really faulty cards.

My last few cards have been EVGA and I really like their brand. I also had a PNY that had gone out on me at one point. I also had a Galaxy branded card where the fan crapped out on me.
Edited by CaptainZombie - 5/14/13 at 5:58pm
post #76 of 124
Yeah getting any other Nvidia card that's not an EVGA one is pointless in my opinion, I would look around for used GTX 670 4GB or brandnew if you can afford it, 2GB's getting pretty tight with most games nowadays.
post #77 of 124
I just can't see paying the same for a 660 TI when the 7950 is better than the 670 overclcoked and my gpu score of 10,200 is better than some 680's

Not to mention the 3 free games on top of the low price. But EVGA is the best nvidia company bar none.
post #78 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1 View Post

I just can't see paying the same for a 660 TI when the 7950 is better than the 670 overclcoked and my gpu score of 10,200 is better than some 680's

Not to mention the 3 free games on top of the low price. But EVGA is the best nvidia company bar none.

Yeah...good news is there's a lot of good cards to choose from. Hope you find one that fits and performs well. Update us when you get something in!
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post


Since I do not have a DVD drive yet in this system since I need to find a slim line one, I can place this on a USB drive right?

Download a legit ISO, use this program and you can put it right on a USB stick. You need at least an 8GB stick for win7 though. Or if you have an extra HDD laying around, you can install it onto its own partition and install that way. Dirtier, but the SSD install is great and usb drives are so cheap. I picked up the 32 GB PNY tiny keychain one for 19 bucks at walmart.

http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool/3000-18513_4-10972600.html
 
My desktop
(12 items)
 
First Desktop
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.86 Ghz 1.5V ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX EVGA GTX 660 TI 3GB EVGA GTX 660Ti FTW+ 3GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16 GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill Samsung Pro 850 256GB SSD LG BD Corsair H110i 
OSPowerCaseOther
Windows 7x64 Professional CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V Antec LanBoy Air 5 switch fan controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX ASUS GTX 550TI 1GB 8GB 1333 DDR3 G. Skill (2x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 500 GB Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM Samsung DVD  Stock air Windows 7 Professional x64 
PowerCaseAudio
700 Watt Rosewill Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower ... Integrated  
  hide details  
Reply
 
My desktop
(12 items)
 
First Desktop
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 Vishera @ 4.86 Ghz 1.5V ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX EVGA GTX 660 TI 3GB EVGA GTX 660Ti FTW+ 3GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16 GB DDR3 1600 G.Skill Samsung Pro 850 256GB SSD LG BD Corsair H110i 
OSPowerCaseOther
Windows 7x64 Professional CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V Antec LanBoy Air 5 switch fan controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX ASUS GTX 550TI 1GB 8GB 1333 DDR3 G. Skill (2x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 500 GB Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM Samsung DVD  Stock air Windows 7 Professional x64 
PowerCaseAudio
700 Watt Rosewill Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower ... Integrated  
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 124
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye071292 View Post

Download a legit ISO, use this program and you can put it right on a USB stick. You need at least an 8GB stick for win7 though. Or if you have an extra HDD laying around, you can install it onto its own partition and install that way. Dirtier, but the SSD install is great and usb drives are so cheap. I picked up the 32 GB PNY tiny keychain one for 19 bucks at walmart.

http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool/3000-18513_4-10972600.html

Most excellent, this will help a lot, thanks.

I'm highly considering sticking with Nvidia, I'm going back and forth between the 670 and 660 Ti.

How is this 660 Ti, EVGA GeForce GTX660 Ti FTW Signature 2? It is $299, but comes with a $20 rebate and you get a free copy of Metro Last Light.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Help me choose which 660 TI?