Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Can someone provide me with some GTX 660 Ti vs 7950 benchmarks with the latest drivers as of now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can someone provide me with some GTX 660 Ti vs 7950 benchmarks with the latest drivers as of now?

post #1 of 34
Thread Starter 
Just need some help making a decision, thanks. thumb.gif

A Gainward GTX 660 Ti 2GB is about $50 cheaper than a HIS ICEQx2 7950 here (one of the cheapest and the very best 7950's out there), just want to know if the $50 I'll save is worth the slight performance loss I'd have to take with the GTX 660 Ti.
Edited by StayFrosty - 5/13/13 at 7:44am
post #2 of 34
i saw an oc'ed 660 ti match a stock 7950 or even surpassed it. idk if this will help but i was comparing my 7970 to my 7950 (sold it) at same clocks and here they are . . .

7970 P11200

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6564785

7950 P10600

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5059839

All drivers are after 12.11.
Edited by rdr09 - 5/13/13 at 9:36am
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 34
Bare in mind, benchmarks aren't an accurate representation of game performance/fluidity. If it were up to me, I'd got with the 660Ti or GTX 670, you just can't beat Nvidia's driver support.
post #4 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawIX View Post

Bare in mind, benchmarks aren't an accurate representation of game performance/fluidity. If it were up to me, I'd got with the 660Ti or GTX 670, you just can't beat Nvidia's driver support.

AMD has stepped up their drivers as well though. I went with the 660 ti because at the time AMD drivers were crappy and crossfire was a "stuttering mess" but in the past few months and the upcoming fix for crossfire AMD cards are looking much nicer. I'd still stick with Nvidia as I need the cuda support on occasion.

I can benchmark a few things on my 660ti if you'd like. Both at stock and OC'd, which mine happens to be a monster with clocks (1224 core, +454 memory currently) without voltage modifications. Quite frankly at 1080p I have no issues playing games at full settings, with reduced AA/AF, which a 7950 will need reduced slightly as well in order to keep great frames in everything. I think the only thing that taxes the card a bit was Crysis 3 and a modded Crysis 2. Bioshock ran smoothly at full settings, Witcher 2 ran quite well full settings too (4x AA).

Either way you can't go wrong. Both are great cards.



Also benchmarks:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-benchmark-review,3279-4.html
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2012/12/10/zotac-geforce-gtx-660-ti-2gb-amp-extreme-r/3
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6159/the-geforce-gtx-660-ti-review/13


The 7950 wins in some, the 660 wins in others. Don't care about OC results as you could get a crap card that can't OC at all or get an amazing card that gets a ridiculous OC.
Edited by TwilightEscape - 5/13/13 at 9:45am
Lawl Mark II
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 @ 5ghz (air) Z77 Extreme6 SLI GTX 660 Ti SC 3GB (1228/1734) Patriot Viper 3 16GB 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 3 128GB XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Silent Pro 1000W Cyborg RAT 7 Razer Goliathus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Lawl Mark II
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 @ 5ghz (air) Z77 Extreme6 SLI GTX 660 Ti SC 3GB (1228/1734) Patriot Viper 3 16GB 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 3 128GB XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Silent Pro 1000W Cyborg RAT 7 Razer Goliathus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 34
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(4 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsMonitor
Xeon E5-2690 Supermicro 2011 Nvidia GP100/ Vega FE Dell ultrasharp 4k 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightEscape View Post

AMD has stepped up their drivers as well though. I went with the 660 ti because at the time AMD drivers were crappy and crossfire was a "stuttering mess" but in the past few months and the upcoming fix for crossfire AMD cards are looking much nicer. I'd still stick with Nvidia as I need the cuda support on occasion.

I can benchmark a few things on my 660ti if you'd like. Both at stock and OC'd, which mine happens to be a monster with clocks (1224 core, +454 memory currently) without voltage modifications. Quite frankly at 1080p I have no issues playing games at full settings, with reduced AA/AF, which a 7950 will need reduced slightly as well in order to keep great frames in everything. I think the only thing that taxes the card a bit was Crysis 3 and a modded Crysis 2. Bioshock ran smoothly at full settings, Witcher 2 ran quite well full settings too (4x AA).

Either way you can't go wrong. Both are great cards.



Also benchmarks:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-benchmark-review,3279-4.html
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2012/12/10/zotac-geforce-gtx-660-ti-2gb-amp-extreme-r/3
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6159/the-geforce-gtx-660-ti-review/13


The 7950 wins in some, the 660 wins in others. Don't care about OC results as you could get a crap card that can't OC at all or get an amazing card that gets a ridiculous OC.

Twilight, do you play BF3?
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

Twilight, do you play BF3?

I used to. Updating it now so I can grab a benchmark. I'm.. Very far behind. 7gb update to do so I'll get on that, 12mb internet shows about an hour and a half to complete frown.gif lol.
Lawl Mark II
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 @ 5ghz (air) Z77 Extreme6 SLI GTX 660 Ti SC 3GB (1228/1734) Patriot Viper 3 16GB 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 3 128GB XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Silent Pro 1000W Cyborg RAT 7 Razer Goliathus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Lawl Mark II
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 @ 5ghz (air) Z77 Extreme6 SLI GTX 660 Ti SC 3GB (1228/1734) Patriot Viper 3 16GB 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 3 128GB XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Windows 7 Ultimate Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Silent Pro 1000W Cyborg RAT 7 Razer Goliathus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 34
I would definately choose the HD 7950 for the Higher Vram.

Also a HD 7870 XT is a little better than a GTX 660ti but they are pretty much on par.

I wouldn't even compare a GTX 660ti to a HD 7950, they are not in the same catagories. A HD 7870 XT vs GTX 660ti is more appropriate like sugarhell mentionned.


Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightEscape View Post

I used to. Updating it now so I can grab a benchmark. I'm.. Very far behind. 7gb update to do so I'll get on that, 12mb internet shows about an hour and a half to complete frown.gif lol.

not sure about your bandwidth but with your oc'ed chip and the 3GB vram of the gpu you should be able to run BF3 MP using 1080 Ultra (all) and 4MSAA easily maintaining 60fps min.

BF3 does not have an in-game benchmark, so results can vary from map to map or even from one scenario to another.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 34
While this won't be of use to OP due to his location, Newegg is running a deal through May 15th for a PNY GTX 660 Ti for $205 after $25 MIR (with promo code VGA0509).

It seems to be a reference-design unit with no pre-overclocking to speak of, but at a price only $5 over the 660 non-Ti's MSRP such trivial things can be overlooked...
Julia
(11 items)
 
Centurion (Dead)
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra EVGA GeForce 6800 GS (256-P2-N389-AX) CORSAIR VS1GB400C3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS NEC ND-3520A Windows XP Dell M780 
PowerCaseOther
FSP Group SAGA+ 450R Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/ Window (CAC-T05-WW) Samsung Floppy Drive (SFD321B/LBL1) 
  hide details  
Reply
Julia
(11 items)
 
Centurion (Dead)
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ EPoX EP-9NPA+ Ultra EVGA GeForce 6800 GS (256-P2-N389-AX) CORSAIR VS1GB400C3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS NEC ND-3520A Windows XP Dell M780 
PowerCaseOther
FSP Group SAGA+ 450R Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/ Window (CAC-T05-WW) Samsung Floppy Drive (SFD321B/LBL1) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Can someone provide me with some GTX 660 Ti vs 7950 benchmarks with the latest drivers as of now?