Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [wccf] Intel HD 4600 Graphics Compared to AMD’s A10-6700 “HD 8670D” GPU
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[wccf] Intel HD 4600 Graphics Compared to AMD’s A10-6700 “HD 8670D” GPU - Page 16

post #151 of 199
this tread is about graphics comparison it has nothing to do with what people need or want because everyones needs and wants are different this thread is about which is better in graphics and Amd is superior when it comes to apus Intel just cant compete in graphics heck Intel cant compete with matrox in graphics lol if this tread was about who has the fastest cpu then it still wouldn't be Intel as the sparc T5 is fastest cpu in the world trolololol so enough of the Intel/Amd fanboyishness comments and start looking at which gpu is better and you can clearly see that Amd is the better choice in the apu market smile.gif
Red Queen
(8 items)
 
Silvia
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-7600k Asrock Z270M Extreme 4 GTX 1060 Galax HOF 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial MX100 windows 10 pro enthoo evolv matx tempered glass 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Queen
(8 items)
 
Silvia
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-7600k Asrock Z270M Extreme 4 GTX 1060 Galax HOF 
Hard DriveOSCase
Crucial MX100 windows 10 pro enthoo evolv matx tempered glass 
  hide details  
Reply
post #152 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

Budget gaming. Unless you can tell me what other role I should pick inferior CPU performance for? An i3 can do everything an APU can with better speed. Documents? Office work? Accounting programs? Watching movies? Browsing the Internet? Torrenting? The only real application you can use the APUs for is budget multi-media. Even for intensive photoshop, CAD work I'd rather borrow a workstation computer, or use a campus workstation rather than use a slow laptop solution on a budget. So we're left with light multimedia work. Which, I don't care if you want to admit it or not, is gaming. That's pretty much it. Are there other applications that could benefit from extra GPU muscle? Yes, but again, they are a niche.
Sure I can compare the two. They are both competing for my dollar. Why can't I?
It's not a bout being a viable option, it's about being a superior option at a certain price level. AMD is not the "obvious choice." It's not even the "logical choice." Intel is already obnoxiously pricing i5 laptops, and that's because they can. An i3 does everything most people could possibly want. AMD's APUs cater to an incredibly small amount of people in an already small demographic. Which harr harr, is why Intel is dominating the mobile market.
I am not. Is it my tone? Is it what I'm trying to say? Is it the idea that AMD is simply not that competitive that offends and completely shuts down your reasoning? What an A series laptop has is versatility. Versatility that most people just don't need. There are 40,000 students at my campus. 95% of laptop users have an Intel pc. Many of them complain about lag and freezing. This is mostly due to poor maintenance, aging hardware, slow HDD. A very, very small percentage of them actually have the issue of insufficient GPU power. And that very small percentage is gamers. So I am not trying to "make AMD looks bad." I am simply stating what AMD fans have been telling us all in 2010-2011. That there is such a thing as "good-enough" performance. Ironically this applies not just to CPU but to GPU as well. Except in this case, CPU performance improves your experience more than GPU performance simply because we are at a point where playing 1080p movies on your laptop doesn't make you lag. There is very little reason to pick AMD over Intel in this case. How about you all try to argue that, instead of attacking me with your fanboy specials. It's funny hwo you guys call me that considering I have an AMD CPU, and an AMD GPU.
Crap? My point is crap? How about the fact that AMD's marketshare used to be 25%? It's like what, less than 10 now? How about we call everything that actually critcizes AMD crap? Yeah, let's do that. THe fact that AMD has been losing money almost every quarter is crap. The fact that the Bulldozer launch has been a complete failure is crap. The fact that AMD couldn't field a real, proper, and powerful response to the Titan is crap. The fact that AMD"s dual GPU card release has been late for the last two generations now is complete crap. The fact that AMD has worse support for DDR is complete crap. The fact that HSA is going slow is complete crap too. Let's call everything that raises a valid issue and criticism of AMD's strategy crap man. Let's do it your way. That'll be productive.

Dude your bringing up points an Athlon II can do well, hell even an Atom can do most of your "desktop" work at that level. So the ONLY reason for going either, is getting something that could possibly be a bit more. I mean seriously, who needs more than a dual core proc to do Office, Accounting, Movies, Browsing, Torrents, and the likes there of.

The i3 starts at the SAME budget level, doing the SAME tasks. The only thing it's better on is heavy computing, which doesn't come into play unless you use resources like you said - IE a workstation computer. Outside of that, neither CPU is really that great. In fact, they do the tasks you want in such a quick time it doesn't matter.

Your entire post is that of a person who clings to the idea that you need a nice proc to do average desktop things. I'd do all that on an Atom, which is exactly what I'd buy if that was all my laptop required. But allas, atoms aren't really that great for any decent sized laptop. So I'd go with an APU platform, both starting out at the same price range and offering the same performance. They are very equally done today. - I just would like something that could offer more if I wanted, hence why I'd shell out a couple hundred more and go with a nice APU that's well rounded.

Whatev though, keep that mr. brown town going along. Suits your attitude well.
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 4.6GHz@1.44v GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0 HD 7950 (1100/1450) 8G Muskin DDR3 1866@8CLS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD LiteOn DVD-RW DL Linux/Windows 19" Phillips TV 1080p 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 600W Generic Junk Logitech MX400 Generic Junk 
Audio
SBL 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirr View Post

@HanSomPa

I reckon you will jump to Kaveri APU model with 3 Steamroller modules and a Radeon HD 7750-7790 performance or 7850 since AMD is going to release Volcanic Islands 20nm GPU that could have twice the performance of 7xxx series.

I would advise any budget gamer to. In fact Kaveri is pretty much what I want to see. It'll make the platform soooooo much more attractive. 20% CPU improvement would really be a godsend. This is especially important because it'll make those A4-A6 laptops really, really attractive. Moderate gaming and excellent cpu performance at 450$-600$? That's the stuff. A 7790 level performance on Die is actually worth talking about. MORE importantly, what will it do to the market? FInally pull those blasted i5 laptops down to where they belong, 450-600$ range. We'll start seeing less of those crap 1366-768 screens too. There is seriously no excuse to have those terrible screens on anything over 11" unless you're building a laptop for visually impaired or something.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 199
Unless if Intel's counters with more marketing.

Six months ago in a triple-story shopping mall in the outskirts of Chicago, there was a large Dell kiosk located in an hub area where three other branches connect.

Every single Dell laptop banner had an i3/i5/i7 logo. And not one AMD laptop was found. Almost all of the featured laptops lacked a dedicated GPU except for a handful of Alienware laptops. They also had other advertisements scattered around the mall, all of them featuring the i3/i5/i7 logo.

Heavy marketing (with the assistance of the OEMs) and the relatively lack of AMD marketing would allow Intel to weather the storm and respond accordingly with Broadwell. Or not at all if they decide to go all-in against ARM/Qualcomm/Samsung.
post #155 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post

AMD may not go anywhere, but HD5200 is quite literally 100x faster than Intel GMA of just a few years ago. Where's the AMD chip that 100x faster than the 4870? They're competing in an area that they didn't exist in and that does take away from AMD, Nvidia, Imagination Tech.

The difference being AMD IGPs have always been somewhat good (I even played FO:NV happily at 1080p on a HD4200 that I overclocked, with sideport DDR3 as well as my normal DDR3) while Intel GMAs were pretty crap up until the x4500, which still wasn't good...It just wasn't as advisable to grab a cheap GeForce 6200 or something over it anymore.

Even with the x4500 series, you still had driver issues.
Qv0RdAf.png

Admittedly, this PC is hardly the best example (A bunch of other ones in the same lab get BSODs fairly randomly, for example) and it may not be Intels fault here but their drivers still aren't up to the standard set by AMD and nVidia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post

Ok, wiki specs tells memory bus width for HD 8670D is 128 Bit and it depends on the system's memory size and frequency (Obviously it acts as an iGPU). So what do they mean by 128 bit of bus width ? mad.gif
Isn't DDR3 limited to 64 bit per channel only, exactly like our computers are doing

Dual channel is why. Socket 2011 effectively would have a 256bit bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

Something simple and reliable? That's exactly my point. You can easily spend 500-600$ on an Intel option. See, not everyone plays games. The majority of students at college, and by majority I mean 90%, do not play games that warrant a dedicated GPU. Intel offers a better experience from that perspective and I agree. When the majority of your time is spent browsing, watching video, 1080p, and office work. You rmoney is better spent on a superior screen, superior CPU, and a more style design. Aesthetics do matter(Which is why I'd never get caught with a gaming laptop).

This! My girlfriend was looking for a new PC and while she does game, I recommended one with an AMD APU...She plays 99% of her games on her desktop (i5 3570k @ 4Ghz, HD7850) but the AMD APU was a superior option in terms of stability vs performance vs battery life, she never notices any difference between it and her previous Core i3 340m in performance but notices that her battery lasts a hell of a lot longer than it did (Previous laptop also had a HD5670m) especially if she's playing Minecraft on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

Documents? Office work? Accounting programs? Watching movies? Browsing the Internet? Torrenting? The only real application you can use the APUs for is budget multi-media. Even for intensive photoshop, CAD work I'd rather borrow a workstation computer, or use a campus workstation rather than use a slow laptop solution on a budget. So we're left with light multimedia work. Which, I don't care if you want to admit it or not, is gaming. That's pretty much it. Are there other applications that could benefit from extra GPU muscle? Yes, but again, they are a niche.

All of those situations you mentioned would run equally as well on an Athlon64 x2 as they would on a Core i7 4930k, and as you said..."Even for intensive photoshop, CAD work I'd rather borrow a workstation computer, or use a campus workstation rather than use a slow laptop solution on a budget."

You won't notice the difference in anything but gaming, and even if you just play Minecraft the APU will be a quicker solution than the Intel. What about drivers, too? Intels still aren't as good as AMDs in terms of stability or options, they're not bad (Certainly they were much worse a few years ago and Intel is definitely working on this issue and seems to be fixing it) though.
You're also forgetting about future AMD APUs and HSA, the faster GPU will make a big difference when that happens.

CPU speed simply does not matter anymore for most people, to simplify it I'll use desktop parts as an example...For your typical person who is doing facebook, youtube, tumblr, etc, listening to music, typing up something in word, maybe working on a excel database, an AMD A4 5300 (Dual Core, slowest and cheapest APU AMD has) with an SSD would be faster than a Core i5 3570k, overclocked to 5Ghz with a HDD. The order of bottlenecks for general use such as the stuff you mentioned is HDD > User > Everything else.
And remember, if you can't actually get to a workstation for that intensive photoshop, CAD, etc work then a quad core AMD APU will be just as fast if not faster than the competing Core i3, the i3 has a per core performance advantage but once you go over two threads then the AMD APU will start to pull ahead as CMT gains more than HT by the nature of its design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bad Day View Post

Unless if Intel's counters with more marketing.

Six months ago in a triple-story shopping mall in the outskirts of Chicago, there was a large Dell kiosk located in an hub area where three other branches connect.

Every single Dell laptop banner had an i3/i5/i7 logo. And not one AMD laptop was found. Almost all of the featured laptops lacked a dedicated GPU except for a handful of Alienware laptops. They also had other advertisements scattered around the mall, all of them featuring the i3/i5/i7 logo.

Heavy marketing (with the assistance of the OEMs) and the relatively lack of AMD marketing would allow Intel to weather the storm and respond accordingly with Broadwell. Or not at all if they decide to go all-in against ARM/Qualcomm/Samsung.

That's not true for everywhere, though; I know there's quite a number of AMD APU laptops going around here.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #156 of 199
I think intel and amd are competitive, they went different ways. One went more cores and the other went more clock. They are in the middle of a role reversal. They can only develop these technologies so far before they have to go to the other side. So much clock, well now we need more cores. Damn we got cores, but now we need to bring ipc up. I've said this before exactly and it's becoming more apparent now, love the competition.
post #157 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelthras View Post

I think intel and amd are competitive, they went different ways. One went more cores and the other went more clock. They are in the middle of a role reversal. They can only develop these technologies so far before they have to go to the other side. So much clock, well now we need more cores. Damn we got cores, but now we need to bring ipc up. I've said this before exactly and it's becoming more apparent now, love the competition.

I don't think Intel is going to release mainstream six-core CPUs anytime soon. Maybe by Skylake.
post #158 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

Something simple and reliable? That's exactly my point. You can easily spend 500-600$ on an Intel option. See, not everyone plays games. The majority of students at college, and by majority I mean 90%, do not play games that warrant a dedicated GPU. Intel offers a better experience from that perspective and I agree. When the majority of your time is spent browsing, watching video, 1080p, and office work. You rmoney is better spent on a superior screen, superior CPU, and a more style design. Aesthetics do matter(Which is why I'd never get caught with a gaming laptop).
Which has a far bigger player base than most games. In fact, games with the biggest player base are usually MMOs, MOBAs, and RTSs. Ironically games that do not require a lot of graphics muscle. Only furthers my point. The majority of people out there, even among gamers, do not need a powerful APU.
This is completely irrelevant to what I'm saying. Did I ever dispute that AMD has a superior APU solution? No, I am just stating that it is not relevant anymore. If Trinity was present in 2010=2011 it would've made has a much bigger impact. Nowdays, HD3000 or 4000 suffice most needs.

I stopped taking you seriously after this. Where am I trashing anything? Look at my rig. I am a big fan of AMD because I believe their APU solution can provide something truly remarkable given enough time. You're the one who's clearly trash talking now. League of Legends and Starcraft 2 dominate twitch at the moment. They are actually games that generate money for the industry through competition. They are the two most important games right now. The fact that they can be run on most hardware is a boon and not in any way a disadvantage. I find it hilarious that you mention DOTA2 when you trash talk LoL. They are the same thing and work towards the same goal. Diversifying and expanding the eSports industry. Would you like more text? Or maybe you should use a needle on that huge ego balloon you got going on there.
Probably because you don't believe anything related to Intel through your AMD tinted goggles. Are there actual legit reasons not to trust synthetic benchmarks? Plenty. Are synthetic benchmarks still relevant? A lot more than most of the babbling in this thread.
Intel doesn't even need to. As long as 70-80% of this performance is available on Pentiums and i3s, Intel has already swallowed up a decent chunk of the APU market. It's not about outperforming, but encroaching territory.
It's hilarious how people the same old drivel over and over again. We have to be cynical, and we have to analyze things critically. To come to a conclusion that AMD has nothing to worry about is just irresponsible as a consumer. We've all watched as we sat on words like, "Bulldozer" "Trinity" "Piledriver" and AMD under delivered so many times. Where have we actually seen solid, excellent launches? 5xxx series, and 7xxx series. Good rumors and solid launches. Remember when Intel released Sandy? That was nothing short of amazing, the kind of performance that was delivered to consumers in one generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

I would advise any budget gamer to. In fact Kaveri is pretty much what I want to see. It'll make the platform soooooo much more attractive. 20% CPU improvement would really be a godsend. This is especially important because it'll make those A4-A6 laptops really, really attractive. Moderate gaming and excellent cpu performance at 450$-600$? That's the stuff. A 7790 level performance on Die is actually worth talking about. MORE importantly, what will it do to the market? FInally pull those blasted i5 laptops down to where they belong, 450-600$ range. We'll start seeing less of those crap 1366-768 screens too. There is seriously no excuse to have those terrible screens on anything over 11" unless you're building a laptop for visually impaired or something.

All those Intel APU's are used by people that don't give a crap about graphic performance,for web browsing and work applications. This is about gaming. Have you not heard what APU's will being driving the next PS4 AND XBOX? You do realize how many units that will represent? The did not pick AMD because of inferior performance. APU's future is not just about desktops. Add in ARM to AMD's side as well. This is why AMD's stock is rising,not falling. wink.gif
Amelia
(13 items)
 
Professional
(13 items)
 
RCPC#1
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100t MSI 890FX GD65 MSI Radeon HD5670 GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1TB SATA III Samsung BD Zalman 9900MAX Windows 7 64 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 22" LED Logitech Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w Fractal Design R3 
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 960T Asus M4A88T-VEVO Asus Strix R7 370 SuperTalent Perfomance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
GSkill Snipers Monster Daytona Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,200 RPM 16Mb cache Memorex DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H60 Windows 8N IBM 9494 19" LCD IBM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS500 In Win H-Frame Wolfking OCZ Behemoth 
Audio
JBL Creature 
  hide details  
Reply
Amelia
(13 items)
 
Professional
(13 items)
 
RCPC#1
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100t MSI 890FX GD65 MSI Radeon HD5670 GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1TB SATA III Samsung BD Zalman 9900MAX Windows 7 64 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 22" LED Logitech Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w Fractal Design R3 
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 960T Asus M4A88T-VEVO Asus Strix R7 370 SuperTalent Perfomance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
GSkill Snipers Monster Daytona Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,200 RPM 16Mb cache Memorex DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H60 Windows 8N IBM 9494 19" LCD IBM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS500 In Win H-Frame Wolfking OCZ Behemoth 
Audio
JBL Creature 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelthras View Post

I think intel and amd are competitive, they went different ways. One went more cores and the other went more clock. They are in the middle of a role reversal. They can only develop these technologies so far before they have to go to the other side. So much clock, well now we need more cores. Damn we got cores, but now we need to bring ipc up. I've said this before exactly and it's becoming more apparent now, love the competition.

Actually AMD went with more cores and higher clock :P

Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 199
HanSomPa, I don't get why you think that when an i3 matches an apu in synthetics, and only CPU side, to go with it over AMD? you get an overclockable chip that has 2-4x the gpu, better idle power, isn't gimped by having features removed (i3), proper gpu drivers, an upgradable socket with mid level chipsets supporting 8x sata3.0, usb3.0, and a firepro variant for those wanting to do work (CAD)on the cheap with gpu hardware support.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [wccf] Intel HD 4600 Graphics Compared to AMD’s A10-6700 “HD 8670D” GPU