Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Chooofoojoo's 4P Build: "4P McFoldy" (AMD 6300 series!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chooofoojoo's 4P Build: "4P McFoldy" (AMD 6300 series!) - Page 5

post #41 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooofoojoo View Post

Only ran
Code:
sudo tpc -psmax 1

Missing something?
Hmm. doesn't look like it... Are you able to run TPC to see your frequency when it dips down?
post #42 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDngrfld View Post

Hmm. doesn't look like it... Are you able to run TPC to see your frequency when it dips down?

Do you know what the command is to see current speed?
Code:
sudo tpc
pulls up a bunch of different options, none of which shows current speed. headscratch.gif
post #43 of 177
Thread Starter 
Code:
nick@Nick-H8QG6:~/ocng-utils-4.3$ sudo clockspeed
Clockspeed (OCNG4.3)
Family 15h
Turbo is supported. 2 boost state(s).
Running, please wait...
Refclock: 200.000 MHz
Clockspeed: 3200.001 MHz

shows that when it's pulling a nice 6:55 tpf (839k PPD)


I'm going to watch it and see what happens when the TPF shoots up and see what clockspeed returns.

Thanks for the keen support! thumb.gif

EDIT : TPF Shot up to 10:xx and it's still reporting 3.2Ghz.

wonder if my REG ECC ram is scrubbing too often or something weird...
Edited by Chooofoojoo - 5/20/13 at 8:08pm
post #44 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooofoojoo View Post

Code:
nick@Nick-H8QG6:~/ocng-utils-4.3$ sudo clockspeed
Clockspeed (OCNG4.3)
Family 15h
Turbo is supported. 2 boost state(s).
Running, please wait...
Refclock: 200.000 MHz
Clockspeed: 3200.001 MHz

shows that when it's pulling a nice 6:55 tpf (839k PPD)


I'm going to watch it and see what happens when the TPF shoots up and see what clockspeed returns.

Thanks for the keen support! thumb.gif

EDIT : TPF Shot up to 10:xx and it's still reporting 3.2Ghz.

wonder if my REG ECC ram is scrubbing too often or something weird...
Hmmm... Interesting... Can you have top running and watch it when it dips? You should see ~6400 as your CPU usage on theKraken-FahCore_a5 if all your cores are at 100% load. I know one of my rigs, for whatever reason, hates thekraken. I never see full CPU utilization if I'm running it.
post #45 of 177
Thread Starter 
Cpu usage shows 3200% +\- for the kraken. It definitely helps on this machine, as without I was seeing 2800% +\-
post #46 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooofoojoo View Post

Cpu usage shows 3200% +\- for the kraken. It definitely helps on this machine, as without I was seeing 2800% +\-
3200? Do cat /proc/stat. You'll have to scroll up a bit. Do you not see something like:
Code:
cpu63 6146 29445715 32634 145693 4450 78960 12596 0 0 0
I see 3200 on my 16core/32thread rigs since it's 32 threads * 100%.
post #47 of 177
Thread Starter 
I think these chips are slightly different. Each cpu has 8 cores that each have 2 threads. (in Intel nomenclature, pretty sure AMD's names are different). That would net me 32 cores, 64 threads.

Fah recognizes all 64 threads, but system monitor reports 32 cores.
post #48 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooofoojoo View Post

I think these chips are slightly different. Each cpu has 8 cores that each have 2 threads. (in Intel nomenclature, pretty sure AMD's names are different). That would net me 32 cores, 64 threads.

Fah recognizes all 64 threads, but system monitor reports 32 cores.

I didnt think AMD did that kinda thing?
Ragnarok
(15 items)
 
Yggdrassil
(8 items)
 
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Opteron 6272 Opteron 6272 Asus KGPE-D16 Sapphire R9 290X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Sapphire R9 290X 8x Samsung 8GB DDR3 1333 ECC 3TBx2 in Raid 1 Noctua NH-U12DO 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
120mm Fractal Design 1200rpm Case Fan Silent Se... Windows 7 Pro x64 1x24" 2x22" Corsair Professional HX1050 
CaseAudioOther
Fractal Design XL R2 Titanium Grey Asus MIO 892 Purple and white Braided/sleeved cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Ragnarok
(15 items)
 
Yggdrassil
(8 items)
 
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Opteron 6272 Opteron 6272 Asus KGPE-D16 Sapphire R9 290X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
Sapphire R9 290X 8x Samsung 8GB DDR3 1333 ECC 3TBx2 in Raid 1 Noctua NH-U12DO 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
120mm Fractal Design 1200rpm Case Fan Silent Se... Windows 7 Pro x64 1x24" 2x22" Corsair Professional HX1050 
CaseAudioOther
Fractal Design XL R2 Titanium Grey Asus MIO 892 Purple and white Braided/sleeved cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooofoojoo View Post

I think these chips are slightly different. Each cpu has 8 cores that each have 2 threads. (in Intel nomenclature, pretty sure AMD's names are different). That would net me 32 cores, 64 threads.

Fah recognizes all 64 threads, but system monitor reports 32 cores.
I don't use a GUI so I don't know anything about that, but if you open a terminal and type cat /proc/stat you should be able to see how many threads the system recognizes. Maybe system monitor can only report the first 32 cores.
If you look at your log do you see something like: 21:28:34:WU00:FS00:0xa5:Mapping NT from 64 to 64?
post #50 of 177

If everything is working as it should, it might be like how Windows only saw half the cores on Bulldozer chips

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chooofoojoo View Post

I think these chips are slightly different. Each cpu has 8 cores that each have 2 threads. (in Intel nomenclature, pretty sure AMD's names are different). That would net me 32 cores, 64 threads.

Fah recognizes all 64 threads, but system monitor reports 32 cores.

I didnt think AMD did that kinda thing?

 

Its BD/PD, 2 cores to a module, sorta like Intel's hyper-threading but each module has two physical threads.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Chooofoojoo's 4P Build: "4P McFoldy" (AMD 6300 series!)