Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › YES another one of these GTX 680 SLI vs TITAN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

YES another one of these GTX 680 SLI vs TITAN - Page 13

post #121 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Evbot was what made classifieds worth paying for over normal 680's, now they're just more expensive and provide nothing extra.

I thought they were worth paying for because of the 2 8pin connectors and 14phase pwms allowing for higher overclocks because more power is supplied to the cards and the OC bios mode, plus a bigger reference cooler. But the FTW's have the vapor chamber.
post #122 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaze159 View Post

I thought they were worth paying for because of the 2 8pin connectors and 14phase pwms allowing for higher overclocks because more power is supplied to the cards and the OC bios mode, plus a bigger reference cooler. But the FTW's have the vapor chamber.

Without additional voltage from a hardmod they won't go above 1.212V anyways just like all of the other 680's, power phases means squat when you can't feed them. If you want a legit OC'ing card, the Lightning and one of the Galaxy models are the only ones with full voltage control, and even then you have to flash the BIOS to access it on cards shipped any time recently. Nvidia does not like us overvolting Kepler. At all.
post #123 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

Without additional voltage from a hardmod they won't go above 1.212V anyways just like all of the other 680's, power phases means squat when you can't feed them. If you want a legit OC'ing card, the Lightning and one of the Galaxy models are the only ones with full voltage control, and even then you have to flash the BIOS to access it on cards shipped any time recently. Nvidia does not like us overvolting Kepler. At all.

Hmm so no voltage unlock on the classys. Yup, totally not worth it then. Ill just stick with the FTW 4GB editions. I actually like the reference coolers. Will keep all that hot air out of my case. Ive never been a fan of aftermarket coolers on graphics cards, unless its a waterblock.
post #124 of 141
so you have the SLi 4GB FTW cards.?
post #125 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

so you have the SLi 4GB FTW cards.?

Oh no, I am saying I am going to stick with that choice. Currently I am running one 2GB GTX 670. So either way, I am upgrading to 4GB's and getting rid of this 670.its either 2 4gb 670's or 2 4gb 680's. Even though 670's almost match the 680's, I might as well go ahead and squeeze out that extra 5-10% more. Im not going to be seeing money like this for a long time.
post #126 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaze159 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

so you have the SLi 4GB FTW cards.?

Oh no, I am saying I am going to stick with that choice. Currently I am running one 2GB GTX 670. So either way, I am upgrading to 4GB's and getting rid of this 670.its either 2 4gb 670's or 2 4gb 680's. Even though 670's almost match the 680's, I might as well go ahead and squeeze out that extra 5-10% more. Im not going to be seeing money like this for a long time.
umm with the GTX 7 series coming in a week or so and your already OK with selling what you got...
smart move is to wait..
post #127 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

umm with the GTX 7 series coming in a week or so and your already OK with selling what you got...
smart move is to wait..

This has already been thoroughly discussed throughout this thread.
post #128 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaze159 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

umm with the GTX 7 series coming in a week or so and your already OK with selling what you got...
smart move is to wait..

This has already been thoroughly discussed throughout this thread.
I figured as much and wanted it to be said again.
especially if around the same price.

now the GTX 680/670 will drop in price presumably but still unless getting a helluva deal.
I'd go GTX 7 series..

good-luck.
post #129 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

I figured as much and wanted it to be said again.
especially if around the same price.

now the GTX 680/670 will drop in price presumably but still unless getting a helluva deal.
I'd go GTX 7 series..

good-luck.

If it is released within this next week like rumors state, then depending on the price of the 770's, I will SLI those instead. If rumors are false, then 680's it is.
post #130 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaze159 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmental View Post

I figured as much and wanted it to be said again.
especially if around the same price.

now the GTX 680/670 will drop in price presumably but still unless getting a helluva deal.
I'd go GTX 7 series..

good-luck.

If it is released within this next week like rumors state, then depending on the price of the 770's, I will SLI those instead. If rumors are false, then 680's it is.
thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › YES another one of these GTX 680 SLI vs TITAN