Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › YES another one of these GTX 680 SLI vs TITAN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

YES another one of these GTX 680 SLI vs TITAN - Page 6

post #51 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfiwhiteguy View Post

Two GTX 680s will outperform a Titan if you know how to make your own SLI profiles, your CPU is adequate and you're not trying to run 3x2 1440p monitors or something stupid. NVIDIA Inspector is your friend. That said, some games just will not play ball with two cards, in which case, even a single GTX 680 would be better than SLI 680's, let alone a Titan.
single is better than a 680, let alone a titan?

I think you misworded that, because the titan will stomp all over a game that doesnt get along with sli, making a single 680 look like a childs toy.
Gran Turing(0)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX Titan SC 16GB G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB WD Blue 640GB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 3x Samsung Syncmaster S23A300B 1920x1080 LED IBM Model M Zalman ZM850-HP 
CaseMouse
Antec Twelve Hundred V1 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Gran Turing(0)
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Asus Sabertooth Z77 EVGA GTX Titan SC 16GB G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB WD Blue 640GB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 3x Samsung Syncmaster S23A300B 1920x1080 LED IBM Model M Zalman ZM850-HP 
CaseMouse
Antec Twelve Hundred V1 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Squidge View Post

single is better than a 680, let alone a titan?

I think you misworded that, because the titan will stomp all over a game that doesnt get along with sli, making a single 680 look like a childs toy.

Please get off your high horse of single Titan this or single Titan that. Nvidia's sli technology works very well, thank you very much. Some of us have Titans in sli too. tongue.gif
post #53 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by armando666 View Post

Please get off your high horse of single Titan this or single Titan that. Nvidia's sli technology works very well, thank you very much. Some of us have Titans in sli too. tongue.gif

I have tried over 20 games with my GTX 680 SLI setup

I have had a minor problem in one out of all those
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 2 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Ironwolf Pro 10 TB LG CH12NS30 x5 Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15S 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q LG 49UH750V 4K LED TV Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Sennheiser HD 598 Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 Dali Opticon Vokal 
AudioOtherOther
x2 Dali Opticon 2 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by armando666 View Post

Please get off your high horse of single Titan this or single Titan that. Nvidia's sli technology works very well, thank you very much. Some of us have Titans in sli too. tongue.gif

I´m sorry. I have SLI TITANS and he´s right. Even now there are some games that don´t support SLI, or are not launched with SLI support, or have weird issues with SLI, or just don´t get any benefit from it. SLI is awesome, yes, but it´s not perfect. And waiting for new drivers with better SLI optimizations is not really what I consider an ideal experience, if you know what I mean.
post #55 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devnant View Post

I´m sorry. I have SLI TITANS and he´s right. Even now there are some games that don´t support SLI, or are not launched with SLI support, or have weird issues with SLI, or just don´t get any benefit from it. SLI is awesome, yes, but it´s not perfect. And waiting for new drivers with better SLI optimizations is not really what I consider an ideal experience, if you know what I mean.

I am sorry that you are not having an ideal experience with Titan sli. I may be able to take one off your hands, if you want to get rid of it for a reasonable price.
post #56 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

I have tried over 20 games with my GTX 680 SLI setup

I have had a minor problem in one out of all those

I have over 300 games. Most of them are okay with SLI, true, but the problems I´ve had with some of them is not what I would consider minor in any way. For instance:
- zero scaling with Bioshock Infinite, with minimums on the floor;
- flickering TRESSFX hair with Tomb Raider without VSYNC (some minor flickering even with VSYNC ON)
- lack of compatibility with War Thunder open beta (single forced)
- lack of compatibility with Arma 3 (single forced)

Just to name a few.
post #57 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by armando666 View Post

I am sorry that you are not having an ideal experience with Titan sli. I may be able to take one off your hands, if you want to get rid of it for a reasonable price.

I´d gladly trade both of them for a single one that would give me 90% of the performance. Unfortunately, they don´t exist, and I need them for maxing out games @ 1440p. When SLI is not supported, at least I´m stuck with one TITAN, and still able to get awesome performance out of it.
post #58 of 141
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devnant View Post

I´m sorry. I have SLI TITANS and he´s right. Even now there are some games that don´t support SLI, or are not launched with SLI support, or have weird issues with SLI, or just don´t get any benefit from it. SLI is awesome, yes, but it´s not perfect. And waiting for new drivers with better SLI optimizations is not really what I consider an ideal experience, if you know what I mean.

I completely agree here. this is why I am considering the titan over sli 670's. the goal here is the best ideal, fluidly smooth solution with enough power to utilize a 144hz monitor. I honestly think that if I bought the titan, I would very much appreciate its value and performance and over clock ability. after selling my 670 it will only be a 700 dollar investment.
post #59 of 141

Not to mention, you'll get some crazy folding numbers on a Titan!  Wish I did more folding back when I was in college, wouldn't have to worry about the AC bill or electric bill :P

Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
Secondary Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k MSI Z77A-GD65 Gigabyte 780 OC Gigabyte 780 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ripjaw  Samsung F3  Samsung 830  Asus CD-Rom 
CoolingMonitorMonitorPower
Cooler master hyper 212+  Asus  27in 1440p Auria EQ276W 760 Watt Silencer 
Case
Haf 912 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k ASRock Z77 Pro4-M 290 XFX DD R9 280X Gigabyte 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 280X MSI Gaming R9 280X Power Cooler Crucial Ballistix  Samsung 830 series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Asus 24x Windows 7 Asus 24in  
MonitorPowerCase
27in 1440p Auria CM 750 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaze159 View Post

I completely agree here. this is why I am considering the titan over sli 670's. the goal here is the best ideal, fluidly smooth solution with enough power to utilize a 144hz monitor. I honestly think that if I bought the titan, I would very much appreciate its value and performance and over clock ability. after selling my 670 it will only be a 700 dollar investment.

You completely agree ,and you don't even have a Titan yet? I don't agree as my single Titan experience is no better than my previous sli
I experience. To each their own.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › YES another one of these GTX 680 SLI vs TITAN