Originally Posted by Ghoxt
The only mistake I see is the price. I personally think it's a bit steep for their entry level device into crowded competition for people's attention. However they are offering new options with streaming to modern TV's. Again I say, this is just their first shot over the bow with a gaming console.
What happens if / when Nvidia decides to say to Sony / Microsoft "I'LL CRUSH YOU", after getting shut-out of being a chip supplier for their new consoles.
Or at best steal some percentage of the market making either console struggle with margin which could hurt them a lot more than Nvidia. "If you can't Join em, Beat em".
Ask yourselves what did Nvidia take away from getting rejected for the new Sony and MS consoles. Down the road if they built a Full console with a Steam backend etc for real AAA games , would you buy a console with a Modern fully up to date GPU installed? While far fetched for today, as we can never see anything until it is delivered...
Rejections that made people "Determined":
* Beethoven was once declared hopeless at “composing” by his music teacher.
* Elvis Presley was fired by The Grand Old Opry after only one performance. He was told, “You ain’t going nowhere son. You ought to go back to driving a truck.”
* Michael Jordon was kicked off his high school basketball team.
* Stephen King threw his manuscript, Carrie, in the garbage because he was tired of the rejections. In fact he gave up posting his rejection slips on the bulletin board above his computer once they were too thick for a pin.
* Oprah Winfrey was rejected for the first news anchor position she applied for because she was African-American and overweight.
* John Grisham, best-selling author, was rejected by sixteen agents and a dozen publishing houses before his novel, A Time to Kill, was accepted.
* Fred Astaire, was turned down by four movie studios and had an executive say this about him, “Ears too big, balding, can’t sing—dances a little.”
* The Beatles were turned down by executives who said, “We don’t like their sound. Groups with guitars are on the way out.”
* Clint Eastwood was told that he would never be a movie star because his Adam’s apple was too big.
* F. Scott Fitzgerald was once told by an editor; “You’d have a decent book if you'd get rid of that Gatsby character."