Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Best mice these days?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best mice these days? - Page 5

post #41 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by test user View Post

The worse performance on multi-color pads is probably a sensor thing, right? So wouldn't that mean Savu should be used with single-color pads too?

Yes, the sensor does better with a solid color pad with defined textures. The Zowie configuration is even more demanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by test user View Post

Seriously though, if you palm your mouse regularly I would rather buy a dedicated palm grip mouse. I don't get what the deal is with people palming ambidextrous mice.

I like to palm symmetrical mice. Why don't I use ergonomic mice designed for that? Because I can more easily align the sensor with symmetrical mice.
post #42 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

Yes, the sensor does better with a solid color pad with defined textures. The Zowie configuration is even more demanding.
'kay, thanks

Quote:
I like to palm symmetrical mice. Why don't I use ergonomic mice designed for that? Because I can more easily align the sensor with symmetrical mice.
I see, point taken. Personally I'd still prefer to use a more comfortable shape in the long run, though.
post #43 of 106
Just because a mouse has an ambidextrous shape doesn't mean it has to be less comfortable. In my opinion the Sensei/Xai shape is one of the best for me. Wiith most "ergonomic" mice I find something weird (like the Deathadder being rotated in my hand and therefore having a misaligned sensor and having my ring and pointing finger spread apart uncomfortably or the ring finger rest on the sidewinder x8 being too short for my ring finger and my pinkie resting on its edge etc.).

With the Xai on the other hand I have my thumb and pinkie touch the sides of the mouse, the rest of the fingers simply sit on top of the buttons and if I wanna palm the mouse my palm just touches the back of it. There are no awkward shapes which force my fingers into certain positions, no uncomfortable edges that touch my hand and it also happens to be that the length, width and height of the Xai fit my hand rather well. With most ergonomic mice you have to somehow align your hand to fit on the mouse and keep it like that all the time you use the mouse, while with the Xai I can simply forget it's even there. Sucks it has that A-9500 sensor but hey... that's a different story.
post #44 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post

Just because a mouse has an ambidextrous shape doesn't mean it has to be less comfortable. In my opinion the Sensei/Xai shape is one of the best for me. Wiith most "ergonomic" mice I find something weird (like the Deathadder being rotated in my hand and therefore having a misaligned sensor and having my ring and pointing finger spread apart uncomfortably or the ring finger rest on the sidewinder x8 being too short for my ring finger and my pinkie resting on its edge etc.).

With the Xai on the other hand I have my thumb and pinkie touch the sides of the mouse, the rest of the fingers simply sit on top of the buttons and if I wanna palm the mouse my palm just touches the back of it. There are no awkward shapes which force my fingers into certain positions, no uncomfortable edges that touch my hand and it also happens to be that the length, width and height of the Xai fit my hand rather well. With most ergonomic mice you have to somehow align your hand to fit on the mouse and keep it like that all the time you use the mouse, while with the Xai I can simply forget it's even there. Sucks it has that A-9500 sensor but hey... that's a different story.
The rotation on DA is more about a not-so-good shape than it being ergonomic, IMO. I dunno why the ring finger area can't go like \ instead of /

Ambidextrous mice sure allow you to align the sensor more freely... That might be important or not depending on a bunch of things, mainly how the mouse is designed. DA isn't even very far from an ambidextrous mouse in the sense that you can grip it very variedly.

Uh, and are you saying only the back of your palm touches Xai? That's claw grip rolleyes.gif
post #45 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by test user View Post

The rotation on DA is more about a not-so-good shape than it being ergonomic, IMO. I dunno why the ring finger area can't go like \ instead of /

Ambidextrous mice sure allow you to align the sensor more freely... That might be important or not depending on a bunch of things, mainly how the mouse is designed. DA isn't even very far from an ambidextrous mouse in the sense that you can grip it very variedly.

Uh, and are you saying only the back of your palm touches Xai? That's claw grip rolleyes.gif

I said my palm touches the back of it ('it' meaning the mouse) so no claw grip, no. And I just said that because I wanted to point out the fact that when I switch from finger tip grip to palm grip there isn't much of a difference other than my palm touching the back of the mouse and all the fingers sitting just a few mm more upfront, so in both cases it remains equally comfortable.
post #46 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksen View Post

fps? g9x is good too.

What this man said. On the proper surface, the g9x feels more precise than my g400. Hard to put my finger on why, but it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post

Just because a mouse has an ambidextrous shape doesn't mean it has to be less comfortable. In my opinion the Sensei/Xai shape is one of the best for me. Wiith most "ergonomic" mice I find something weird (like the Deathadder being rotated in my hand and therefore having a misaligned sensor and having my ring and pointing finger spread apart uncomfortably or the ring finger rest on the sidewinder x8 being too short for my ring finger and my pinkie resting on its edge etc.)..

Sadly what the major mice making industry tout as ergonomic is a joke. A real ergonomic mouse puts your hand in a neutral position (such as the Evoluent mouse). All other mice twist your arm and in the long run, that isn't healthy.
Edited by exousia - 5/14/13 at 5:42pm
post #47 of 106
@MONVMENTVM; I think I get what you mean. I still prefer to let the base of my fingers rest on the mouse instead of hovering in the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by exousia 
Sadly what the major mice making industry tout as ergonomic is a joke. A real ergonomic mouse puts your hand in a neutral position (such as the Evoluent mouse). All other mice twist your arm and in the long run, that isn't healthy.
I know right!? Almost all of them force your wrist on an unnatural angle if you hold them the way you are supposed to
post #48 of 106
I have a sanded DA and I love it.
See Pee Yoo
(17 items)
 
Lian Mi
(12 items)
 
Craptop
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k asrock extreme4 980ti corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m3 seagate green lg dvdrw Noctua D14 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
win 7 64bit 2 x 1920 x 1080p (ASUS and LG) xl2420te ocz zx 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
haf bx g600 / / Roccat Savu Puretrak Talent Soundblaster Z 
Audio
sennheiser hd558 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
celereon g1610 g1 sniper m3 parema seagate barracuda 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
dvdrw windows vista vizio 3d tv rosewill green 530 
CaseMouse
lian li pc v354b logitech g300 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
4810MQ GTX 870M samsung evo  Windows 8.1 
Other
Sager 8728 
  hide details  
Reply
See Pee Yoo
(17 items)
 
Lian Mi
(12 items)
 
Craptop
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k asrock extreme4 980ti corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m3 seagate green lg dvdrw Noctua D14 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
win 7 64bit 2 x 1920 x 1080p (ASUS and LG) xl2420te ocz zx 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
haf bx g600 / / Roccat Savu Puretrak Talent Soundblaster Z 
Audio
sennheiser hd558 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
celereon g1610 g1 sniper m3 parema seagate barracuda 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
dvdrw windows vista vizio 3d tv rosewill green 530 
CaseMouse
lian li pc v354b logitech g300 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
4810MQ GTX 870M samsung evo  Windows 8.1 
Other
Sager 8728 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 106
i have small hands and i really love my razer abyssus., il prob get flak for this but the sensor is fantastic imo. im a high sens gamer
 
Gateway Lappy
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570@4.0ghz ASUS P8Z77-V LK  EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti2gb[bios mod]1202/1750 1.... Corsair Vengeance 8gb @ 21331.65v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor150gb(boot drive) Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid 7200RPM 750GB(games/... Western Digital Caviar Black HDD 7200 RPM 1TB(r... Corsair H60 as intake at back in push configura... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
x4 120mm Case Fans Windows 7 Professional Dell 24" LED HD (secondary screen) HP 2711x 27" HD (gaming screen) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SteelSeries 6GV2 Red Switch Edition Corsair HX Series HX750 750W INWIN Mana 137 w/ Modded Window  SteelSeries Sensei Raw Rubberized 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Qck Ultrasone Pro 550 S-Logic Asus Xonar DG Blue Snowflake USB Microphone 
Other
Logitech C615 1080p Webcam 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A6-5200 Quad-core AMD Radeon HD 8400 6gb DDR3L SDRAM 500GB HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
DVD-Writer Windows 8.1 17.3" Active Matrix TFT Color LCD 6-cell Lithium Ion Battery 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Quad-Core CPU Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Dual Classified w/ ACX Cooler Corsair Vengeance 16 gig 1866mhz (Black) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD 250GB SSD WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM 64MB cache Asus DRW writer Corsair SP120 Performance Dual-Pack 120mm Fan 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm Acetal CPU Water Block EK-Multioption RES X2 - 150 Basic EK-CSQ Black Compression Fittings (x10) Primochill Elegant White Tubing (6meters) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC770 GPU Block Corsair SP120 Performance 120mm Fan Corsair AF140 Quiet-Series 140mm Fan Alphacool NexXxos UT60 Copper 360mm Radiator 
CoolingPowerCaseOther
Swiftech MCP655-B Pump Corsair AX860i 860 Watt Modular PSU Corsair 760T Corsair Invidividually Sleeved 24-Pin (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Gateway Lappy
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570@4.0ghz ASUS P8Z77-V LK  EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti2gb[bios mod]1202/1750 1.... Corsair Vengeance 8gb @ 21331.65v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Western Digital VelociRaptor150gb(boot drive) Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid 7200RPM 750GB(games/... Western Digital Caviar Black HDD 7200 RPM 1TB(r... Corsair H60 as intake at back in push configura... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
x4 120mm Case Fans Windows 7 Professional Dell 24" LED HD (secondary screen) HP 2711x 27" HD (gaming screen) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SteelSeries 6GV2 Red Switch Edition Corsair HX Series HX750 750W INWIN Mana 137 w/ Modded Window  SteelSeries Sensei Raw Rubberized 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Steelseries Qck Ultrasone Pro 550 S-Logic Asus Xonar DG Blue Snowflake USB Microphone 
Other
Logitech C615 1080p Webcam 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A6-5200 Quad-core AMD Radeon HD 8400 6gb DDR3L SDRAM 500GB HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
DVD-Writer Windows 8.1 17.3" Active Matrix TFT Color LCD 6-cell Lithium Ion Battery 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K Quad-Core CPU Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Dual Classified w/ ACX Cooler Corsair Vengeance 16 gig 1866mhz (Black) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD 250GB SSD WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM 64MB cache Asus DRW writer Corsair SP120 Performance Dual-Pack 120mm Fan 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm Acetal CPU Water Block EK-Multioption RES X2 - 150 Basic EK-CSQ Black Compression Fittings (x10) Primochill Elegant White Tubing (6meters) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC770 GPU Block Corsair SP120 Performance 120mm Fan Corsair AF140 Quiet-Series 140mm Fan Alphacool NexXxos UT60 Copper 360mm Radiator 
CoolingPowerCaseOther
Swiftech MCP655-B Pump Corsair AX860i 860 Watt Modular PSU Corsair 760T Corsair Invidividually Sleeved 24-Pin (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by exousia View Post

What this man said. On the proper surface, the g9x feels more precise than my g400. Hard to put my finger on why, but it does.

Probably because you use a high sensitivity? The G400 is bad on anything higher than 800 dpi, but at 800 or 400 it's great and much better than any A9500 mouse I ever put my hands on (including the G9x)
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Best mice these days?