Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Best mice these days?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best mice these days? - Page 8

post #71 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurefields View Post

Smaller company = less quality control IME because they need to sell every unit. Larger company like Logitech will have better QC.

No...
post #72 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

Originally Posted by futurefields

Smaller company = less quality control IME because they need to sell every unit. Larger company like Logitech will have better QC.


No...
Yes this is true, but they also have more volume. More Volume = More DOA Therefore, Smaller Company = Less DOA - Less Quality control
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 106
I had a Razer Abyssus and I hated it. I had no issues with jitter, but it's just because the mouse felt so cheap, light and plasticky. It feels more like a £15 mouse than a £30 mouse. Sure, it was usable and it was fairly decent for gaming but the cheapness just felt unbearable.

I'm using a Corsair M65 now - vouches for it.
post #74 of 106
well deathadder 3.5g and Logitech g400s are good if you use palm grip for claw grip id Say cm spawn or xorent or cm recon
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Setup
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K Z77 Extreme6 Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
CORSAIR Vengeance 16 GB  OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SATA COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO  Windows 8.1 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Razer Blackwidow 2014 Thermaltake Smart M 850W Power Supply COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 Latch Side P... 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder 2013 SteelSeries QCK + Astro A40 2013 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 106
I've had my Deathadder for 5 years now and can really recommend it (not sure about the new versions though). I've also heard some good things about Steelseries Kinzu.
buka
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
buka
(17 items)
 
  
Reply
post #76 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Yes this is true, but they also have more volume. More Volume = More DOA Therefore, Smaller Company = Less DOA - Less Quality control

That makes no sense. Obviously the larger companies have very poor quality control. They can just afford to replace more mice. Imagine Ibanez electric guitars... Now imagine hand made guitars done by a guy who only makes a couple dozen per year. I bet 0% of the handmade guitars are duds, but there is some percentage of big name guitars that are. This holds true for basically anything. Smaller companies are able to keep a better eye on their products because there are simply less of them.

My experience with everything since I have been a consumer has shown me that big companies produce a lot more defective products, simply because their huge volume leaves them the profit margins to be replacing them.


Oh, my vote for best mouse these days: CM Storm Recon. I have been using it for 3 months now, and I really can't say enough good things about it. Love the shape, button feel, everything. Set up my profile and then haven't used the software since.
post #77 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus1234 View Post

That makes no sense. Obviously the larger companies have very poor quality control. They can just afford to replace more mice. Imagine Ibanez electric guitars... Now imagine hand made guitars done by a guy who only makes a couple dozen per year. I bet 0% of the handmade guitars are duds, but there is some percentage of big name guitars that are. This holds true for basically anything. Smaller companies are able to keep a better eye on their products because there are simply less of them.

My experience with everything since I have been a consumer has shown me that big companies produce a lot more defective products, simply because their huge volume leaves them the profit margins to be replacing them.


Oh, my vote for best mouse these days: CM Storm Recon. I have been using it for 3 months now, and I really can't say enough good things about it. Love the shape, button feel, everything. Set up my profile and then haven't used the software since.

Your analogy using handmade guitars doesnt fit.

The fact is the smaller mice companies use cheap Chinese manufacturing like the big companies. A big company like Logitech can throw out the duds, whereas a smaller company has more pressure to sell every unit. So if its only minor flaws they will ship out the same RMA'd mouse to 10 different people until they find the guy who doesnt notice the flaws and keeps it.
post #78 of 106
^ And you know this how? Sure it depends on various things, like general company policy
post #79 of 106
Every company produces duds. The big companies can afford to throw them away. Smaller company will keep refurbishing and reshipping it out until somebody keeps it.

Why does Zowie let minor cosmetic flaws pass through QC? Because their operating budget demands it, thats why. Same with Razer.
post #80 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurefields View Post

Every company produces duds. The big companies can afford to throw them away. Smaller company will keep refurbishing and reshipping it out until somebody keeps it.

Why does Zowie let minor cosmetic flaws pass through QC? Because their operating budget demands it, thats why. Same with Razer.

No...

Zowie just uses a bad company to produce their products.

I wouldn't claim they rather spend large amounts of money shipping mice. Zowie are not a large company that can afford to be shipping out mice numerous times. This is why they suggest you send it back to the retailer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Best mice these days?