Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 3770k 5Ghz 1.6v
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3770k 5Ghz 1.6v - Page 11

post #101 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Wouldn't that be the entire purpose of this website, to state your opinion and or give advise? Without a difference of opinion, this forum would most likely not exist.

Can you really overclock, wrong? Everyone has their own way of doing things, and there really is no right or wrong way of doing it.

Advice*
No, the purpose of this forum is to share facts and knowledge, not merely compare opinions. this is OCN, it's not chatroulette or chan4

Can you really, overclock, wrong, you say? Just mess up your memory and cpu settings and when data corruption slams you I guess that can answer biggrin.gif

Share facts and knowledge, sure, but its still the opinion of the person behind the keyboard. IMO 1.6-1.7v for a 3570K is perfectly fine as long as temps are good. I've ran for months at that voltage and have yet to see any stability and or degradation because of the increased vcore, but others may think that voltage would be suicide.

As far as data corruption, I've never corrupted an OS to the point of having to re-install. As far back as the AMD K6-2 days until now. The current OS I'm running now has been installed for 7 months (according to AIDA64) and I've seen so many BSOD's it's not even funny, yet I'm still WHEA error free and stable. No driver corruption, no random lock ups, nothing but a snappy running setup that will run what ever I double click tongue.gif

Seriously tho, everyone needs to lighten up. Overclocking should be fun thumb.gif
post #102 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock2701 View Post

Ok whatever. LOL is bad but biggrin.gif is ok. I'm imagining things when your the one coming up with new stuff every time you post. Memory then hard drive etc.

Honestly I don't really know why you are keep posting. I'm cool with different opinions and the argument but now I'm a child and delusional and have English problems, nice! That is very mature, and LOL is childish but biggrin.gif is mature and I'm sure you know EVERYTHING about computer and how they work! And I'm sure that you'll be here for as long as you live and teach people like me about computer and OC is serious business ONLY for mature people like you!

@deepor
I wondered about that myself, man. I wondered about something is stabled at constant voltage vs shifting between voltage. Because when you run prime it will stabilised at a certain voltage for the rest of the run. But during other activities it wasn't the case. Such as one of the cores might clock down then back up, voltage changing etc causing instability where prime doesn't. That is why I test by running other program.

But what do I know I'm unable to comprehence English language and is a deluded child.
you seem to amaze me and exceed my expectations everytime.

im sure anyone with basic english comprehension is probably shaking there head as much as me at the shock in the lack of capability you have to understand what an example is.

you sound like you need a hug smile.gif

*ka24e* the example of overclocking memory wrong was that could lead to data corruption, but he wasn't able to comprehend that i never said he overclocked his memory or that it was wrong. it was simply an example. the combo of having a bad cpu overclock would just add to it. most people dont know they have a problem untill it happens, just like this guy who even said he ran at a 1.3xx and had problems when playing some computer game. goes to show you how long he ran a bad overclock at. imagine doing that with memory biggrin.gif
Edited by INCREDIBLEHULK - 5/19/13 at 12:54am
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #103 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Share facts and knowledge, sure, but its still the opinion of the person behind the keyboard. IMO 1.6-1.7v for a 3570K is perfectly fine as long as temps are good. I've ran for months at that voltage and have yet to see any stability and or degradation because of the increased vcore, but others may think that voltage would be suicide.

As far as data corruption, I've never corrupted an OS to the point of having to re-install. As far back as the AMD K6-2 days until now. The current OS I'm running now has been installed for 7 months (according to AIDA64) and I've seen so many BSOD's it's not even funny, yet I'm still WHEA error free and stable. No driver corruption, no random lock ups, nothing but a snappy running setup that will run what ever I double click tongue.gif

Seriously tho, everyone needs to lighten up. Overclocking should be fun thumb.gif
Facts are not peoples opinions they can be proven and tested. Also correlation does not equal causation just because you were able to reach those voltages doesn't mean it will be like that for every chip. Im pretty chill here btw thumb.gif
Enkidu
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.7GHZ Stable MAXIMUS V FORMULA GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Red 2133MHZ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB SSD Lite On 24X DVD/CD Drive XSPC Raystorm Waterblock with Red LEDs 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP655-B Pump  Black Ice 240mm Long 42mm Thick Radiator  Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Editi... Primochill Red Tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Overlord X270OC 2560x1440p Monitor Overclocked ... Razer Blackwidow Ultimate OCZ Z Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W Power Supply 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black Razer Imperator 2012 Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Steelseries 4HD Random 5.1 Speaker System  
  hide details  
Reply
Enkidu
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.7GHZ Stable MAXIMUS V FORMULA GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 16GB Red 2133MHZ Kingston Hyper X 3K 120GB SSD Lite On 24X DVD/CD Drive XSPC Raystorm Waterblock with Red LEDs 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCP655-B Pump  Black Ice 240mm Long 42mm Thick Radiator  Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Editi... Primochill Red Tubing 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Overlord X270OC 2560x1440p Monitor Overclocked ... Razer Blackwidow Ultimate OCZ Z Series Gold OCZZ1000M 1000W Power Supply 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black Razer Imperator 2012 Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse Steelseries 4HD Random 5.1 Speaker System  
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 162
Thread Starter 
Sigh, so tired of this. I said I ran prime 12hrs stable with 1.308v then crashed in game, so I revised and stabled with games at 1.356v. 1.308v I ran for like 5 mins in game before it crashed (that's a very long time according to you).

I give up! you win! ok? I don't even understand what you're getting at (may be due to my childish and english problems). Basically, what I'm getting from you is I'm wrong because you are right and here's some examples that I don't even know what it got to do with the argument like introducing memory and hard drive into it.

and the smileys are very annoying, you overused it. I can 100% expect a green smiley when you post. k, bye!
post #105 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

*ka24e* the example of overclocking memory wrong was that could lead to data corruption, but he wasn't able to comprehend that i never said he overclocked his memory or that it was wrong. it was simply an example. the combo of having a bad cpu overclock would just add to it. most people dont know they have a problem untill it happens, just like this guy who even said he ran at a 1.3xx and had problems when playing some computer game. goes to show you how long he ran a bad overclock at. imagine doing that with memory biggrin.gif

I understood the point you made. Overclocking memory is pretty finicky, but more often than not the results don't really amount to much. Obviously there are exceptions to this, but memory clocks are usually the last thing I'll mess with, especially on a daily used system.

Benching rigs are another story wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunreeper View Post

Facts are not peoples opinions they can be proven and tested. Also correlation does not equal causation just because you were able to reach those voltages doesn't mean it will be like that for every chip. Im pretty chill here btw thumb.gif

Point taken. I agree 100% with your last statement. No two chips (or any other component for that matter) are the exact same. My chip seems to be the opposite of most it seems. It loves voltage, doesn't put out much heat even at insane voltages, but it doesn't like anything above 4.8Ghz. That's overclocking (or should I say the silicon lottery) for you tho cheers.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock2701 View Post

Sigh, so tired of this. I said I ran prime 12hrs stable with 1.308v then crashed in game, so I revised and stabled with games at 1.356v. 1.308v I ran for like 5 mins in game before it crashed (that's a very long time according to you).

I give up! you win! ok? I don't even understand what you're getting at (may be due to my childish and english problems). Basically, what I'm getting from you is I'm wrong because you are right and here's some examples that I don't even know what it got to do with the argument like introducing memory and hard drive into it.

and the smileys are very annoying, you overused it. I can 100% expect a green smiley when you post. k, bye!

That's how it goes sometimes. Prime stable for X amount of hours then you crash in a game. More often than not you'll here people saying you should use more than one stability test. You might be prime stable, but IBT or OCCT fails after a short time. Or maybe something like Furmark runs for hours without crashing, yet Unigine Heaven or Valley crashes in seconds.

That's all part of the challenge of overclocking. Chill out tho, no ones trying to gang up on you or give you a hard time.
Edited by *ka24e* - 5/19/13 at 4:13am
post #106 of 162
Thread Starter 
Yea, that's what I'm saying. If it passed a certain test then it means that OC is stabled that that test and it shown "some" indication of stability. Would you be more comfortable knowing that it could run say 2 hrs of gaming (if gaming is what you do) than 2 hrs of prime (or whatever your test is??).

Can a CPU be stable for everything?? Or say it will be stable only for a certain amount of time? Am I wrong to say if you can run prime continuously for a year then you can only be certain that it is stabled for that year? Can anyone confirm that 24hrs of prime means 100% stable at everything for the rest of the chip lifetime?

My reason for testing it with things I do daily is if I can run it say 4 hrs a day for 1 week without any trouble then I know it is stabled for that much. If I do 12 hrs of prime I still don't know if its going to crash in the first 5 mins of gaming or not.
post #107 of 162
jerry.gif
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 162
jerry.gif

JC , if we could keep to vcore and stability I will carry on reading.
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 162
Thread Starter 
you butchered your CPU (your avatar), I suppose you're trying to find out how much vcore you can run now that temp isn't your problem?

I'm trying to figure that out myself but I read from other posts, people saying 1.45 can last for a year running 24/7. There's also Intel protection plan, what I see from this is either they are confident with this chip durability or their cost/benefit analysis is saying that they better off pay for replacement than actually improve the chip (could be both).

FYI, I tried to tune down vcore for 5Ghz, it didn't look so good at 1.57v. I was going to test it with games and stuff but I figured it probably need more vcore to run, may be 1.6v+ so I gave up on 5Ghz for now.

At the moment, my CPU isn't the problem. Much of my troubles and disappointments are coming from my gv-r797oc-3gd. I blame myself for insufficient research, people said gigabyte 7970 is better at OC but I didn't know rev 2.1 is voltage locked. I tried to call the shop wanting to return the card but they won't let me (only returnable before I unboxed it).

Apparently, it's voltage locked on hardware level. There's a resistor on the card limiting its voltage to 1.17v, I might do some surgery for this card when I learn more about this (I like things that make me nervous). I got the info from the guys OC this card with ln2.

Anyways, this post is about Intel CPUs. Just letting people know 5.0Ghz @ 1.6v is no go for me atm and I'm on to something else, I'll give it another shot when I'm upgrading (figured if I broke it now I have nothing until Haswell). But I'm still interest in people who're running with high voltage.
post #110 of 162
I ran my 3770 at 1.512 for a couple of months and no issues. What are your temps at 1.6 v ?
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
The box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 AX370-Gaming 5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Corsair  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › 3770k 5Ghz 1.6v